Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/256d00b6a7d04a9939eadae139a2eb14...

But now the NRL Integrity Unit is investigating whether or not her acts of generosity equate to third-party deals or donations to ensure players re-sign.

“I have registered third-party deals, yes,” she said. “Registered by the NRL. I have sponsored players, I work with (player) managers.

“I have done nothing wrong and can’t imagine what the problem would be. There’s been no payments other than what I have done through the NRL.

“I have not been spoken to and would happily show them my books, they can have a look at them anytime they like. I’ve got nothing to hide at all.
Brenda also knows everyone at NRLHQ.
They are just fishing for issues if they include her helping out Fiz or more correctly Bec and his two kids, as his life collapsed @:cool:

I would back Brenda over any NRL Integrity Unit person to define where her monies were directed - smart cookie :nerd:

I was thinking more like, let's honestly hope he hasn't tried to sell out someone so close to him.
Fiz's mental health is a real problem.

These NRL investigations all centred around him and his close mates after all.
Not to mention the smh hysterical associations with unsavoury identities.:confused:

I feel that these TPA stories would not be helpful to him and would concern those who care for his welfare @:cool:

I was thinking more like, let's honestly hope he hasn't tried to sell out someone so close to him.
For those speculating about our former golden boy Foran, or anyone else branded by the media as dobbers, you do not know the circumstances under which information may have been imparted. There were reports at the time that Foz was devastated when news was leaked about the money allegedly owed by Manly.

Other people have blabbed and quite probably have put some ex-players in a position where they may have had little choice but to give a version of events.

Judge them when you know the full story, but don't assume the full story is what you're getting from the likes of Ritchie & Co.

For those speculating about our former golden boy Foran, or anyone else branded by the media as dobbers, you do not know the circumstances under which information may have been imparted. There were reports at the time that Foz was devastated when news was leaked about the money allegedly owed by Manly.

Other people have blabbed and quite probably have put some ex-players in a position where they may have had little choice but to give a version of events.

Judge them when you know the full story, but don't assume the full story is what you're getting from the likes of Ritchie & Co.

Facts facts facts ... all you care about is facts. How about some speculation and hearsay!!!

So Bare and Kelly are the ones named as responsible for this mess. So from October 14 to September 16 is where these alleged discrepancies took place over the cap. In that period we had a record amount of players turned over by our recruitment team and its hard to fathom how this could occur?

I think our club was in a perilous state by the end of 2014, we had senior players either leaving or wanting out, the team had a disastrous last 2 months of that season where we went from potential premiers to bow out in straight sets, something seriously went wrong at that time, Toovey was shafted unceremoniously, I just wonder what he is feeling right now??

I agree that we need to be careful and not judge people until we know all the facts. It is obvious to target Foran or Whatmough as potential whistleblowers due to their acrimonious departures from our club. I agree with Happily Manly that we need to be aware that Foran has mental health issues and we need to understand how damaging accusations like this are, for all we know the whistleblowers may have legitimate claims.

I think that we need to see more details and hopefully, that will come out in the wash. If there is guilt then the club must act decisively, this really makes it tough for the chooks too, who hired Joe Kelly and did this also happen under his watch at Souths??

Interesting times. Our club is under siege and as has been written, we need to be strong. Strap yourselves in folks, it's going to be a roller coaster I think!!

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/256d00b6a7d04a9939eadae139a2eb14...

But now the NRL Integrity Unit is investigating whether or not her acts of generosity equate to third-party deals or donations to ensure players re-sign.

“I have registered third-party deals, yes,” she said. “Registered by the NRL. I have sponsored players, I work with (player) managers.

“I have done nothing wrong and can’t imagine what the problem would be. There’s been no payments other than what I have done through the NRL.

“I have not been spoken to and would happily show them my books, they can have a look at them anytime they like. I’ve got nothing to hide at all.
Brenda also knows everyone at NRLHQ.
They are just fishing for issues if they include her helping out Fiz or more correctly Bec and his two kids, as his life collapsed @:cool:

I would back Brenda over any NRL Integrity Unit person to define where her monies were directed - smart cookie :nerd:
Good post and helpful contribution . So it is going to depend and be governed by a process of interpretation now . So it could well just be a case of a devoted and generous Manly supporter with full entitlement and transparency providing some financial benefit to certain Manly players who were fully entitled to accept it and in accordance and simply based on the N R L 's current general criteria . Nothing illicit , nothing untoward , nothing secretive , totally allowable again under the N R L 's guidelines and outside the cap provisions . She claims everything was in order , it should really not matter if Kelly or Bare stuffed up with any of their responsibilities , the additional payments were made and provided again complying with the present N R L guidelines and between player and benefactor . Why should not this N R L interpretation then be able to go Manly's way , i would express more confidence then naivety that it could still go Manly's way .

Just read an article on smh .sorry cant link it. Saying st.george are the biggest losers from our cap cheating. Claiming we cost them a top 8 spot and around 500k in revenue because we shouldnt have been playing for points...... lmfao. Biggest load of crap ive read in a while.

From what i have seen we were cap compliant in 2017 so how were they ripped off?

Secondly i still remember laughing so hard when the Dogs beat them in the final game of the season thus not making the 8.

But it’s ok it’s Manly’s fault St George didn’t make the finals... what a load of cr@p

Only issue I see is if the club has in turn given her benefits of some description, this is a problem.

She is not a sponsor. She is a TPA. TPA's cannot benefit at all from the club. They have their arranged agreement with a player and that is all.

Perhaps there is evidence of the club doing something for this lady and that is why it is being scrutinised....?
Maybe and hopefully she has not received any benefit or reward . . She is obviously financially independent , of good means and good luck to her . Fair point in your post but what benefit what she really expect or require .

Maybe and hopefully she has not received any benefit or reward . . She is obviously financially independent , of good means and good luck to her . Fair point in your post but what benefit what she really expect or require .
Pretty hard to imagine what benefit someone with plenty of money can get. If you can afford to sponsor a player, you can afford top membership and entry to all functions. If the player you sponsor invites you into the rooms after the game or to watch training, then what else is there?

Sounds like Manly will fight this hard...

NRL accused of conflict of interest over Manly Sea Eagles salary cap probe, deny steering Mitchell Pearce clear of club

Andrew Webster

The NRL has admitted it hired a forensic accountancy firm linked to commissioner Tony McGrath to investigate alleged salary cap breaches at Manly and Parramatta, raising serious questions about a conflict of interest.

As tension between the NRL and the Sea Eagles intensifies over the way the investigation has been handled, head office has also denied former Roosters halfback Mitchell Pearce was "tipped up" about the impending breach notices, persuading him to steer clear of Manly and instead sign with Newcastle.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ell-pearce-clear-of-club-20171213-h043jr.html

This is absurd in it's entirety. Greenturd is fishing, relying on Manly wanting to sign someone, paying up and keeping our mouth shut.
If it's about verbal TPA's between a player and a third party that went awry then the club surely cannot be held accountable and penalised that amount. That's what 3rd party means.

Make a stand, Greenturd will have to back off to save his own skin when his vendetta starts to expose his misdeeds and backfires on him.
They have nothing on us that any other team has been punished for.

We are a proud and hugely successful part of the premiership.
Arko and Bozo wouldn't put up with this crap.

It's time.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10