Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just listening to Bulldog Ritchie on the BSB he said he spoke with Scott Penn about the Salary Cap investigation and Penn believes there will be a favourable outcome for Manly. He did say that we could be months away from seeing that though. May be time for a new hashtag! @Mark from Brisbane #nextmonth

Gorman did say in an interview last week (?) that the appeal decision is out of both Manly's and the NRL's hands as it is an independent body and it'll take as long as it takes.

One would think though that the longer it's taking and with the few "I'm hearing" from jouno's etc that it's looking more favourable for Manly.
Also if they're going over and over it they may be trying to set a precedent for future governance for the club's and NRL to avoid ambiguity over the issues.

Last edited:
Why isn't Scott Penn bagging the NRL about this and other anti-Manly tactics. Instead he takes aim at a coach who is unable to respond because of legal reasons, further derailing the teams morale.
Would you really risk criticizing publicly the people that control penalties. We get bad enough treatment without making it worse for ourselves. It’s like calling out to hitler that you think he’s stupid and impotent while standing next to a gas chamber

The lack of duty of care to our club is a blight of Greenturds tenure. Surely it is in the interests of the game to put this to bed, this season and next season is pretty much ruined by the penalties imposed and any backtracking has to put serious pressure on Greenturd!!

What I fail to understand is the lack of scrutiny on other clubs and the continued innuendo that our club has had to deal with.

It is true that our owners and leadership have dropped the ball badly, make no mistake they are culpable for this mess. It is such a shame that this cloud that just won't go away continues to hover over our club.

We need a final answer so the club can get on with things. This millennium please Greenturd!!

The worst part is that absolutely nothing was done when Maloney let the cat out of the bag about Penrith's involvement in the Keno deal that was previously [one of] Moylan's TPA - something that is 100% against the NRL's rules, yet Greenturd went hard after Manly and we copped major and drawn out punishment over what amounts to nothing more than alleged technical breaches of TPA rules.

Every single club in the NRL does what Manly have been punished for, some far worse than what we've alleged to have done. Yet it was only Manly who got targeted. We were made the poster child by the NRL and the only reasonable explanation I can come to, considering all the other things we've been accused of such as match-fixing, is that Greenturd does actually have some form of a personal vendetta against the Manly club. Why I don't know, but it sure does appear that way.

If we're guilty then fine, cop the punishment and move on. But the punishment doesn't fit the crime. And it makes a lie of what Greenturd was sprouting 2 years ago during Doesn't-matta's salary cap cheating, that the NRL will do everything to help clubs who get caught. He and the NRL bent over backwards to help the Worms, yet with Manly all that has seemingly been forgotten and its like they want to throw the book at us.

Would you really risk criticizing publicly the people that control penalties. We get bad enough treatment without making it worse for ourselves. It’s like calling out to hitler that you think he’s stupid and impotent while standing next to a gas chamber
So how has staying quiet worked out for us in recent years?
Do you roll over to a bully?

The worst part is that absolutely nothing was done when Maloney let the cat out of the bag about Penrith's involvement in the Keno deal that was previously [one of] Moylan's TPA - something that is 100% against the NRL's rules, yet Greenturd went hard after Manly and we copped major and drawn out punishment over what amounts to nothing more than alleged technical breaches of TPA rules.

Every single club in the NRL does what Manly have been punished for, some far worse than what we've alleged to have done. Yet it was only Manly who got targeted. We were made the poster child by the NRL and the only reasonable explanation I can come to, considering all the other things we've been accused of such as match-fixing, is that Greenturd does actually have some form of a personal vendetta against the Manly club. Why I don't know, but it sure does appear that way.

If we're guilty then fine, cop the punishment and move on. But the punishment doesn't fit the crime. And it makes a lie of what Greenturd was sprouting 2 years ago during Doesn't-matta's salary cap cheating, that the NRL will do everything to help clubs who get caught. He and the NRL bent over backwards to help the Worms, yet with Manly all that has seemingly been forgotten and its like they want to throw the book at us.

he hates us for what Des did to the doggies ... but Des did us too!

Gorman did say in an interview last week (?) that the appeal decision is out of both Manly's and the NRL's hands as it is an independent body and it'll take as long as it takes.
The ex-High Court judge probably thinks he's still on the High Court and decisions are handed down on an 'any-time-in-the-next-couple-years-will-be-fine' basis.

Last edited:
NRL360 reporting Sharks 50k over in 2015, clean in 2016 but 100k's over in 2017:nerd:

Greenturd sent in the Auditors but is saying that they were busy with Manly FFS :mad:

DT will detail it on Wednesday edition
I wonder how the cheap booze will affect the talking gargoyle's take on this one...

NRL360 reporting Sharks 50k over in 2015, clean in 2016 but 100k's over in 2017:nerd:

Greenturd sent in the Auditors but is saying that they were busy with Manly FFS :mad:

Can't be busy with Manly, those three wise men have been going through the appeals process for...what 3 months now?

TG is telling a fib! (again)

They will link it to Lyall Gorman and in turn link it to Manly.

100%. Not only will the NRL not go anywhere near as hard after the Sharks (or the Worms) as they did us, but I agree that somehow they will punish Gorman to the point where we will probably lose him because he'll end up like Joe Kelly.....banned for 12 months or more.

Greenturd is already using Manly as an excuse??

FMD......this one isn't even anything to do with Manly and yet our name has been dragged into it by the league boss who should know better.

Just how biased against Manly is that bald headed prick??

What next? Is he going to somehow blame us for Doesn't-matta's latest salary cap crap?

Now that the Sharks have been caught, it is long overdue that there is an independent audit of every club!! The failure of Greenturds administration to oversee and fair and even competition has spawned what we have today.

It is a total farce that our club, who are run things on a shoestring financially are being delayed by the NRL who are dithering deliberately over our appeal decision knowing that the longer they do it the more they handicap our club.

I would love to be able to calculate how much this has cost our club in relation to players that we have lost out on, players we have not been able to retain, and the flow on affect in relation to sponsorship etc. This could be a multi million dollar lawsuit and I am on the Penns side as they try to get justice for our club.

I will never forgive Greenturd for his unethical behaviour in late 2011 and 2012 when he and Doggler targeted our players. Under his watch the cap is now a total farce, clubs openly rorting the cap, no accountability, you complain about it and you are not talking up the game. The reality under Greenturd is crowds in Sydney are down by 30 percent amongst the Sydney clubs and no club is making a profit, the game is really healthy isnt it Greenturd??

Dear NRL clubs, please overthrow this clown!!

The NRL introduced the salary cap as having clubs die broke (like Norths & the original Warriors) was a bad look for the game and made their fans cry. Hullo!!!!!!!!!! How many bad look NRL headlines has the salary cap era produced!!! Dogs, Storms, Manly, Eels, Sharks & more.

Just get rid of the cap and then the weak clubs will fall away or get turned into private ownership.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6