Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't a reporter on the game ask what's the delay...kent..ikin..hughes in controversy corner on fox ? I am assuming Manly have submitted their appeal, so what is the delay if we have no case ? If we have a case then wouldn't that be a story ? Cmon bulldog ritchie and rothtool...start reporting.

Lyall Gorman said on the radio yesterday (triple m?) when asked about that they submitted the appeal back in early June I think.
Said it’s out of Manly’s and the NRL’s control now and it’s just got to got through the process, he’s got complete faith in the guys that are deciding on the appeal.

Can we have that in plain English, that was way too deep for me?
Sorry. Basically you can't put terms in contracts that override each parties right to seek legal recource (eg in this instance you can still appeal a decion of the commission to a civil court if there has been an error in law)... On another point I found an interesting legal article written in 2010 that goes into depth about the issues/flaws of the NRL salary cap, 3rd party payments , restraint of trade etc..

Attachments

• 5.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Sorry. Basically you can't put terms in contracts that override each parties right to seek legal recource (eg in this instance you can still appeal a decion of the commission to a civil court if there has been an error in law)... On another point I found an interesting legal article written in 2010 that goes into depth about the issues/flaws of the NRL salary cap, 3rd party payments , restraint of trade etc..
Very detailed journal article about the problems with the Salary Cap. The NRL are most likely well aware of the issues raised and have so far chosen to do nothing about it. Hopefully for the good of the game there will be change after the Manly saga is finally resolved.

I think perhaps the NRL will now wait till after 1 Nov, knowing then, we have no recourse for the 330K 2018 cap reduction (we just have to wear is as a 'mistake'). Also, it helps to avoid any other perceived issues in 2018 caps with other clubs - effectively writing this year off. They then give everyone the off season to comply with new TPA rules. They also dont want to announce any penalties this close to finals.

In that case whoever wins should have a Storm style asterisk against their name. Manly never got a fair shot at the title so the year is null and void.

They’ve done it when there’s been cheating before. Why should it be any different if it’s the NRL doing the cheating?

Not Salary Cap :mad:

CEO Meeting today:
1) new Agents Accreditation scheme
2) 2019 schedule - Magic Round, All Stars, SOO in Perth
3)US game will be 2 weeks prior to Season start. Still not done yet
4)Coaches contracts are not on the CEO Meeting Agenda

n)Greenturd is a media hog - no need for this presser IMO :sick:

21st Century but the NRL still can't mike up the reporters :fubar:

Last edited:
The lack of duty of care to our club is a blight of Greenturds tenure. Surely it is in the interests of the game to put this to bed, this season and next season is pretty much ruined by the penalties imposed and any backtracking has to put serious pressure on Greenturd!!

What I fail to understand is the lack of scrutiny on other clubs and the continued innuendo that our club has had to deal with.

It is true that our owners and leadership have dropped the ball badly, make no mistake they are culpable for this mess. It is such a shame that this cloud that just won't go away continues to hover over our club.

We need a final answer so the club can get on with things. This millennium please Greenturd!!

Just listening to Bulldog Ritchie on the BSB he said he spoke with Scott Penn about the Salary Cap investigation and Penn believes there will be a favourable outcome for Manly. He did say that we could be months away from seeing that though. May be time for a new hashtag! @Mark from Brisbane #nextmonth
In the meantime Parramatta cap investigations will be over in a matter of weeks

This on going delay can only be good for us as if it was clear cut it would be done with, like others have said maybe they are trying to find a way out so they dont look as bad and also not affect every other club who has been doing the same thing

This on going delay can only be good for us as if it was clear cut it would be done with, like others have said maybe they are trying to find a way out so they dont look as bad and also not affect every other club who has been doing the same thing
It’s only good for us in the fact we mightn’t have a cap penalty for 2019 BUT if they don’t announce it until say December any decent player off contract will be long gone!

It’s only good for us in the fact we mightn’t have a cap penalty for 2019 BUT if they don’t announce it until say December any decent player off contract will be long gone!

Exactly right, at least if this was finalised and wrapped up then the club can move on amd get to work on all the other outstanding issues. Once 1st November comes around any player off contract at the end of 2019 can formally start talking to other clubs

Agreed, the NRL derailed the 2018 season for Manly and if Manly is found to have done nothing wrong then I am sure they will still want to do the same thing to them for the 2019 season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4