Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Again this is entirely a personal opinion based on some legal knowledge. Manly are playing it smart by appealing against severity rather than the decision. There is obviously something they have done that can be interpreted as illicit, but what they are no doubt doing is effectively making a provisional plea of guilt, but then taking the appeal against severity so they can demonstrate that the guilt is based on the ambiguity of the rules by which TPAs are used. If they can demonstrate other teams have done similarly through such ambiguity, it brings into question the right to prosecute on those grounds, if the clubs have no clear guidance or clarification regarding the TPA rules. This is about showing the TPA rules are ineffective and that penalties should be waived and the TPAs as they presently exist, thrown out.

Fox league posted an article about our appeal on Facebook last night, you should the comments section... People have no idea
Uneducated and stupid people will always believe what they're told by the media and jump on the bandwagon.
For their whole lives been told by the media to hate Manly. They're not going to change or learn to think for themselves.
Stupid is as stupid does.
Bunch of wankers.
Manly is the team for free thinkers, not media controlled robots.
Go Manly!

It's very telling the so far the DT has published no articles about Manly appealing the penalty. Nothing at all.
The SMH has released it.
This highlights the NRl and news limited agenda of not presenting balanced journalism where Manly is concerned.
Wankers!

There is a little article on page 60 of the printed DT - however no journo was game to add their name to the article

Again this is entirely a personal opinion based on some legal knowledge. Manly are playing it smart by appealing against severity rather than the decision. There is obviously something they have done that can be interpreted as illicit, but what they are no doubt doing is effectively making a provisional plea of guilt, but then taking the appeal against severity so they can demonstrate that the guilt is based on the ambiguity of the rules by which TPAs are used. If they can demonstrate other teams have done similarly through such ambiguity, it brings into question the right to prosecute on those grounds, if the clubs have no clear guidance or clarification regarding the TPA rules. This is about showing the TPA rules are ineffective and that penalties should be waived and the TPAs as they presently exist, thrown out.
I don't read it that way. My understanding is that they are appealing the findings of the NRL, that is that they were guilty of breaching the salary cap and they are not just appealing the severity of the penalties/sanctions. By trying to get the findings overruled by the appeals committee, it follows that the the penalties imposed on manly will also be quashed..

Hope is where Rambo 'First blood' was filmed.

hudson-s-hope-visitor.jpg

(sorry)

You need to get out more mate.

Is this correct ... have we accepted quilt ...
Or are we appealing the actual NRL's ruling ??
PSS Sorry, but as @globaleagle has unkindly mentioned ... I don't know how to google ...

I don't think we've accept quilt. In fact I think there's a blanket appeal of the whole findings.

P.S. I've also told you it's P.P.S, so don't give me any of that technophobic guff!! lol

edit: I've just read all the other quilt puns.

You're all banned for a week.

STAY ON TOPIC

IN the video here....

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/03/29/16/24/manly-to-fight-nrl-s-salary-cap-penalty

Wierdler has a head you'd like to introduce to a pencil sharpener.

"Gee Joel, why do you think we all hate Manly? ah her her her her herrrrrr."

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4