Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing that does seem more then plausible with the almost continuous and on balance unacceptable and appalling treatment by Grenberg and elements of the N R L to disadvantage and harm the Manly club could simply be an underhand attempt to diminish and lessen the Penn "s resolve and commitment to Manly . One short term outcome then would be more then likely Manly having to go cap in hand to the N R L for financial support and survival and be then in reality actually beholden to them . Maybe a bit of a slightly far fetched theory but i would not rule it out and also the another factor again could be for Greenberg to regularly and conveniently find a distraction and diversion to the apparent serious short comings and double standards of his own organization and administration . On any reasonable assessment again he just represents a disgrace and blight to the game but i guess the issue still seems to be when or how can he be bought to account and subject to some proper scrutiny .

I spoke to Two (2) very prominent Manly officials at the game on Sunday and they both said that all this was was a witch hunt against Manly and that Greenturd had it in for us.
They were convinced that had done nothing wrong and were seething at the NRL's apparent hate of Manly and how we have been made the scapegoat in relation to TPA's .!

Heard pretty much the same thing from an NSWRL board member - said Manly are doing nothing differently to any other club - just a plain old witch hunt

Heard pretty much the same thing from an NSWRL board member - said Manly are doing nothing differently to any other club - just a plain old witch hunt

If that is the case, then once cleared, its time we took the NRL to court. They hate us anyway so might as well sue them. In process I hope some of the rumours about Todd get aired (if the whole player managers blackmailing over the squeels drama is to be believed).

We are operating at a rumoured $1M less than everyone else because of this rubbish (still managed to spank parra 54 nil, so suck it Toddy).

The NRL has put its foot in it regarding TPAs and now realises this investigation into Manly is going to look very bad for the NRL salary cap system. It just feels like they are trying to save face, hence why they are dragging this on for so long.

All I will say is, if we are putting in performances like Suanday with a smaller salary cap, then a huge credit to the club, baz and the squad. When cleared, we can use that money to upgrade some players and keep the playing group. That obviously frees up more cap next season to sign anyone we need (which at the moment is only depth signings ;) )

Must be #nextweek now or #nextmonth

Obviously no one gives a rats about it at NRL HQ.

You’ve all laughed at my 1st of July but nothing would surprise me with Toggy Greenslime!

Just had an amusing thought Mark ..... how much do you think it would have pissed Greenslime off, given ALL the effort he has gone to to **** us .... when we were able to sign Moses Suli, a $600k player, for an amount so small we didn't even need to get his permission ........

You can't keep Manly down ...

Just had an amusing thought Mark ..... how much do you think it would have pissed Greenslime off, given ALL the effort he has gone to to **** us .... when we were able to sign Moses Suli, a $600k player, for an amount so small we didn't even need to get his permission ........

Yes he’d be mightily pissed off with that wouldn’t he!!

Last edited:

Agree with everything except that Moses Suli is not a 600k player ... yet

Cant help dumb clubs trying to pay and hope though...

Interesting piece just on Nine News, Weidler just asked Greenberg if he was aware of Manly officials trying to find an email that would incriminate him from his time at the bulldogs, to which he said he was certainly aware of it.

This is going to get bloody messy, there’s no doubt about it.

Okay just an update on Greenturds media release I suppose you would call it, He'll take as long as is needed to sort thru the Salary cap investigation with Manly.

So I apologize for saying a couple of weeks that was my mistake.

So basically he is saying it will end when he has gone thru all the information carefully and when he is ready .......

It sounds like he hasn't enough evidence in front of him to back the allegations against Manly.... SO it goes on, he just wants us to suffer because he has it in for us well :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger: Greenturd

Interesting piece just on Nine News, Weidler just asked Greenberg if he was aware of Manly officials trying to find an email that would incriminate him from his time at the bulldogs, to which he said he was certainly aware of it.

This is going to get bloody messy, there’s no doubt about it.

DAMMIT I was I missed it , I was typing my message :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

STORY:
I have nothing to hide: NRL boss Greenberg
SBS NEWS 22/03/18

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg says he has nothing to hide as Manly allegedly seek to discredit him over the salary-cap investigation.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg has declared he has nothing to hide, Manly allegedly seeking to discredit him as the Sea Eagles' salary-cap investigation draws to a conclusion.

Greenberg said the game's governing body hoped in the next week or so to hand down its findings into allegations the Sea Eagles had rorted the salary cap and offered illegal third-party agreements to players.

Fairfax Media reported Manly had pointed to a contract, offered to Kieran Foran by Canterbury in 2012 when Greenberg was CEO of the Bulldogs.

Continues at link:
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/i-have-nothing-to-hide-nrl-boss-greenberg

Classic misdirection. You can tell he was spoon fed that question.

He should have talked about poaching Hasler instead.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6