Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

MissKate

Premium Member
800,000 pages in perspective. I read a lot, I’d say I would average 50 books a year for the last 40 years. That is 2000 books. If they average 400 pages each, which is ballpark, then that means I have read 800,000 pages. It took 40 years.
How many trees?

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
It's very telling the so far the DT has published no articles about Manly appealing the penalty. Nothing at all.
The SMH has released it.
This highlights the NRl and news limited agenda of not presenting balanced journalism where Manly is concerned.
Wankers!

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Again this is entirely a personal opinion based on some legal knowledge. Manly are playing it smart by appealing against severity rather than the decision. There is obviously something they have done that can be interpreted as illicit, but what they are no doubt doing is effectively making a provisional plea of guilt, but then taking the appeal against severity so they can demonstrate that the guilt is based on the ambiguity of the rules by which TPAs are used. If they can demonstrate other teams have done similarly through such ambiguity, it brings into question the right to prosecute on those grounds, if the clubs have no clear guidance or clarification regarding the TPA rules. This is about showing the TPA rules are ineffective and that penalties should be waived and the TPAs as they presently exist, thrown out.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Fox league posted an article about our appeal on Facebook last night, you should the comments section... People have no idea
Uneducated and stupid people will always believe what they're told by the media and jump on the bandwagon.
For their whole lives been told by the media to hate Manly. They're not going to change or learn to think for themselves.
Stupid is as stupid does.
Bunch of wankers.
Manly is the team for free thinkers, not media controlled robots.
Go Manly!

MissKate

Premium Member
It's very telling the so far the DT has published no articles about Manly appealing the penalty. Nothing at all.
The SMH has released it.
This highlights the NRl and news limited agenda of not presenting balanced journalism where Manly is concerned.
Wankers!
There is a little article on page 60 of the printed DT - however no journo was game to add their name to the article

Spartan Eagle

Again this is entirely a personal opinion based on some legal knowledge. Manly are playing it smart by appealing against severity rather than the decision. There is obviously something they have done that can be interpreted as illicit, but what they are no doubt doing is effectively making a provisional plea of guilt, but then taking the appeal against severity so they can demonstrate that the guilt is based on the ambiguity of the rules by which TPAs are used. If they can demonstrate other teams have done similarly through such ambiguity, it brings into question the right to prosecute on those grounds, if the clubs have no clear guidance or clarification regarding the TPA rules. This is about showing the TPA rules are ineffective and that penalties should be waived and the TPAs as they presently exist, thrown out.
I don't read it that way. My understanding is that they are appealing the findings of the NRL, that is that they were guilty of breaching the salary cap and they are not just appealing the severity of the penalties/sanctions. By trying to get the findings overruled by the appeals committee, it follows that the the penalties imposed on manly will also be quashed..

globaleagle

stay tuned
Staff member
Premium Member
Is this correct ... have we accepted quilt ...
Or are we appealing the actual NRL's ruling ??
PSS Sorry, but as @globaleagle has unkindly mentioned ... I don't know how to google ...
I don't think we've accept quilt. In fact I think there's a blanket appeal of the whole findings.

P.S. I've also told you it's P.P.S, so don't give me any of that technophobic guff!! lol

edit: I've just read all the other quilt puns.

You're all banned for a week.

STAY ON TOPIC

IN the video here....

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/03/29/16/24/manly-to-fight-nrl-s-salary-cap-penalty

Wierdler has a head you'd like to introduce to a pencil sharpener.

"Gee Joel, why do you think we all hate Manly? ah her her her her herrrrrr."

Peter C

Premium Member
800,000 pages in perspective. I read a lot, I’d say I would average 50 books a year for the last 40 years. That is 2000 books. If they average 400 pages each, which is ballpark, then that means I have read 800,000 pages. It took 40 years.
Maybe most of those pages were just pictures, and Toddy formulated his opinion from those, just saying

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I don't read it that way. My understanding is that they are appealing the findings of the NRL, that is that they were guilty of breaching the salary cap and they are not just appealing the severity of the penalties/sanctions. By trying to get the findings overruled by the appeals committee, it follows that the the penalties imposed on manly will also be quashed..

Maybe I was a little convoluted in what I was saying. But I was saying much the same as you are now saying, SE. Appeal the penalty in order to present a case against the TPA rules and how they are interpreted.

40 years an eagle

The club think they did nothing wrong and abided by the rules they were given to follow.

Present documents of ALL rules given to them by the NRL and prove they followed them, step by step.

They cannot be penalised for not following rules they were not given.

Staff online

• lsz

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23