Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Here is a conspiracy theory for ya. Greenburg slaps us with a 750,00 dollar fine, plus the 660,000 dollar fine for the next 2 years. The dogs can only use 800,000 dollars for signing players next year because of Dessies back ended deals.It smells of revenge for me from the Toddler I reckon. Well he did steal him from us.They say what goes around,comes around and this is his best way to get revenge on us..:swear::swear::swear:

Begs the question why Penn is even bothering. Surely his legal team would be aware of this...?

I'm hoping this is where we have an ace up our sleeve where we are able to prove that other clubs have done exactly what we have been found guilty of eg Gorman's connections with the Sharks or Greensprogs attempt to poach Manly players from years ago with the talked about email we apparently have.

If we can prove that other clubs have been allowed to "guarantee" TPA's then it's maybe our way out...?
The ace up our sleeve is bozo We are going to put him in front of the court and everytihing will be OK because he will fix it for us

NRL360 23 minutes in

Ikin, Kent and Buzz giving it to Greenturd for objecting to criticism of the NRL

Ikin 'he never says anything when a player or a Club is attacked by the Media, just when it's the NRLHQ'

Kent 'look how they shafted Manly'

@:cool:

And Toddy is laughing his arse off.

If that was the case , i wonder if the players can expect or are entitled to get them back if Manly"s appeal is successful and whether then appreciated or depreciated .

I believe the cars need to be returned because Brooky Mazda became a Club Sponsor this year and in that capacity is not allowed to be a player sponsor as well. Nothing to to do with the cap or the appeal.

#Here-we-go-again @MarkfromBrisbane
A decision on whether there may be grounds for an appeal may be known as early as #nextweek..

PS. I don't like the sound of the NRL appeals committee procedural rules which state: “If the NRL appeals committee is of the opinion that the issue or issues raised by an appeal might be decided in favour of the appellant but consider that no substantial miscarriage of justice has occurred, the NRL appeals committee shall dismiss the appeal and may direct the appellant to pay the respondent’s reasonable costs of and incidental to the appeal.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...ght-on-salary-cap-appeal-20180420-p4zaq7.html

#Here-we-go-again @MarkfromBrisbane
A decision on whether there may be grounds for an appeal may be known as early as #nextweek..

PS. I don't like the sound of the NRL appeals committee procedural rules which state: “If the NRL appeals committee is of the opinion that the issue or issues raised by an appeal might be decided in favour of the appellant but consider that no substantial miscarriage of justice has occurred, the NRL appeals committee shall dismiss the appeal and may direct the appellant to pay the respondent’s reasonable costs of and incidental to the appeal.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...ght-on-salary-cap-appeal-20180420-p4zaq7.html

Next week... D'oh!

Regarding that clause you typed after the PS, a few of us discussed that back on pages 206-207 (It was said a proviso like that exists in criminal law as well.) Anyway, it's there if you're interested. :)

I think the procedural rules within themselves are a substantial miscarriage of justice. Why the f-ck would you have a right to appeal in the first place and be punished with the threat of a costs under the discretion of nrl appeals committee, even if you you would have won the appeal?? How the fcuk is that justice? Seems to me the only way to fight it is through the courts.

Next week... D'oh!

Regarding that clause you typed after the PS, a few of us discussed that back on pages 206-207 (It was said a proviso like that exists in criminal law as well.) Anyway, it's there if you're interested. :)
Thanks @globaleagle. Penn's legal team must be confident that they can overcome it.. I don't know how given how complex this area of law is. For example the NSW Judicial Commission in its 2011 report on Conviction Appeals in New South Wales stated that the distinction between a mere "miscarriage of justice", and the phrase "substantial miscarriage of justice" (in the proviso), has been described as "a riddle worthy of Plutarch" (Eastman v The Queen (2000) 203 CLR 1 per Hayne J at [315]) and on its face "a conundrum" (Weiss v The Queen (2005) 224 CLR 300 at [18]).

Let's pray they solve this riddle for our sake.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8