Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Smokin Joe

Bencher
I am not sure that this $330K will have any significant impact at all.My understanding is that it is to be taken from the entire salary cap which means that you can stop the $100K vehicle allowance and take $230K from the $360K development/veteran allowance and job is done.It means that you might only have 2 instead of 6 guys on development contracts and no one gets free vehicles under the cap,but I don't think it will really impact who we can sign.Both the vehicle allowance and development/veteran allowance are optional anyway..(you can choose to spend the money or not)

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In a way I am glad is out. It has been going on for to long. A part of me just wants to cop the fine and move on. Most of me however, want Penn and the club to stick it the Nrl.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
T P A "s are supposed to be a separate entity to the set cap allocation and so are supposedly cap exempt . And yet Greenberg has said that T P A 's are still part of this apparent ' Total cap classification provision ' [ first time that i have heard of this term ] Maybe i should be better informed but i am still quite confused also on the context or basis of the decision .
There's a registered TPA component of 600k. The Clubs inform the NRL of this.

Then there is the arms length TPA that Agents source the funds, independent of the Club.

I am not concerned about the fine or the cap reduction if it is only $330k/year, it in reality impedes us little if at all after Brown goes and everything else is taken into account.

I AM concerned about if we did anything wrong and how our club responds.

On a side note: How does the NRL ban Bozo from being a national selector when that side is regulated by the Australian Rugby League Commission, not the NRL?

Last edited:

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So, they have attacked us for:

Drugs ASADA,
Match fixing Police,
Salary Cap breaches.

I wonder what the next one will be? OH&S breaches at Lottoland?

The Lottoland Sponsorship has been raised before. Actually the whole thing has been going on since the Brett Stewart non issue. Battle of Brookvale, non acceptance of Matai and Stewart retirements etc etc etc

manly al

First Grader
There's a registered TPA component of 600k. The Clubs inform the NRL of this.

Then there is the arms length TPA that Agents source the funds, independent of the Club.
Appreciate the response , but maybe it is mainly just a technicality and interpretation issue . As with others , i hope that it [ the decision ] can be explained in clear layman and better detail terms soon .

330k is nothing to worry about. We had myles on 500k wasted, we have brown on 300k wasted. Dont re sign brown and lussick and we wont even notice 330k missing. All it means is we will be one less fringe first grader in our squad. Im actually quite happy with this outcome. If lussick actually does leave this yr then we still might be able to sign another player

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Appreciate the response , but maybe it is mainly just a technicality and interpretation issue . As with others , i hope that it [ the decision ] can be explained in clear layman and better detail terms soon .
I don't think that they can explain why one TPA is ok and the next suss.

Hence the review of the whole system by the NRL

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Disagree about the intelligent tag.

As your previous post noted, the NRL will just withhold 500k from the Club Ops budget and 660k from the Cap.

So Manly won't make any monies but will be able to cry poor to Player Agents and pick up cheapies :giggle:
Still found it funny. Maybe because he was having a go at that Nat imbecile...

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
I am not concerned about the fine or the cap reduction if it is only $330k/year, it in reality impedes us little if at all after Brown goes and everything else is taken into account.

I AM concerned about if we did anything wrong and how our club responds.

On a side note: How does the NRL ban Bozo from being a national selector when that side is regulated by the Australian Rugby League Commission, not the NRL?

NRL passes on recommendation to the ALRC that they believe Bozo was involved and recommend that they do not invite Bozo back.

Interesting to see what evidence they have as turd was very careful how he spoke about Bozo involvement, making it clear, Bozo is not their issue, and Bozo refused to co-operate cause he didnt have too.

manly al

First Grader
I don't think that they can explain why one TPA is ok and the next suss.

Hence the review of the whole system by the NRL
Even more of a reason then for Penn or the Manly board to dispute and challenge the findings and decision if Manly are the only club being penalized now and if it is also and has been common practice at other clubs . I guess we will just have to wait and see .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18