Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Indian

Bencher
Court actio

Some battles are worth fighting, others are simply banging your head against a brick wall. Seeking some semblance of objectivity and reason from the current NRL administration is very much the latter, in my view. But like I say, to each his own.

Yep I agree - its not such a harsh penalty for the football part of the club, draw a line under it and move on. Penn should just come out with some meaningless lip service words ( like Todd does about how serious he is about salary cap cheating ) and move on.

Easy for me to say given I'm not the one paying the 500k though I know. But I don't see Penn winning this one.

Kevinward777

First Grader
I sure hope the "we have an email" bluff wasn't the only card they had, but it's starting to look like it. Maybe Penn should have gone to a few of beavers poker nights before inviting himself to the high rollers table.
Mate the way this is looking, I would love to go head to head with Mr Penn in a game of poker.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
I’m mystified, the protests of innocence , the two delays, the obvious huge legal bill WHY would you bother??

Perhaps we believe are and there is an appeal coming.

Or Mabye the legal involvement has reduced our penalty.

If we cheated 1.5M we might have got an equivalent fine/reduction.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
The funny thing is.... it's hard to care if the club did something wrong becuase the roosters, dogs and donkeys cheat the system on a yearly basis while turdburger and his minions do nothing.

If they can cheat, why can't everyone else.

I also don't buy the statement that the other clubs are upset about the payments. They are prob more concerned they will get caught aswell.

manly al

First Grader
If it is the case that Penn or the Manly board can see enough merit to challenge this decision , i really hope that it actually happens . Might be a rare opportunity to blow the lid on and in general the T P A "s rotten and corrupted side and again if it is warranted and Manly have not technically offended , to also restore some credibility for the Manly club . But again that is IF a challenge can be justified and for the right reasons .

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Personally, I'm more disappointed in the club than the NRL. I don't think it's justified to cheat simply because it appears to the naked eye that other clubs are doing it. We are not other clubs and this club was never built on a foundation of cheating.

This situation is governed by the law so for the NRL to impose fines and suspensions, they have some hard evidence.

Shame on the administration of this club for putting fans in this situation. I'd rather lose with dignity than win without it. I implore the current administration to never let this happen again. If it wasn't systematic and it was an "interpretation" issue, can we employ someone with an ability to make appropriate interpretations, instead of that muppet Joe Kelly, like we've had in the past?!

Poor form Manly.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
I am a little bit confused.

"There were no findings of wrong-doing by the providers of third party agreements to Manly players. Instead the club breached its obligations under the NRL rules in relation to those agreements."

So if these TPA's were being put up by businesses in good faith, why were they not registered with the NRL by the Club and therefore not count towards the salary cap?

Why would the club not advise the Salary Cap auditor that these TPA's were in place?

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If we are fined $1M that is the same amount parramatta were fined. That cant be right. This is nothing even remotely like it.

But do you think that this will be even mentioned on all the TV shows dedicated to league ?
Not a chance.
They're not interested in rocking the boat.
And it's Manly so who gives a toss ?
We've probably been doing it for years anyway right ?

Are they going to do us the courtesy of providing any details ?
Or will we just get a blanket.....you cheated ?

The day Greenknob gets the bullet from the job will be a red letter day in the history of league.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If it’s a million dollar fine there’s must be some serious **** that’s gone on and NOT the stuff we’ve been hearing about the simple TPA technicality.

But will we hear about it ? I want to know what we've been accused of.
Who we paid.
How much.

Mind you. We paid Snake and Skivvy all last year for zero input but unlike the Slime, we didn't get to remove that from the cap.

Are you getting that I hate double standards ?

WESTIE

Reserve Grader
Whining about other clubs doing it is like whining to a copper about getting done for speeding....pointless and it aint gonna change anything...we got pinged...cop it ..move on, circle the wagons and develop the seige mentality as much as possible...if there is going to be an appeal its gonna drag on and be a disruption for ages...the email we have or had obviously wasnt enough to put greenturd ogg from cartying out what the nrl want...let'sjust make the under the table shyte smarter...fck the nrl and fck greenberg..fck the roosters eels broncos and all of them...time to be an even stauncher fan in the face of this greenturd agenda.

manly al

First Grader
I am a little bit confused.

"There were no findings of wrong-doing by the providers of third party agreements to Manly players. Instead the club breached its obligations under the NRL rules in relation to those agreements."

So if these TPA's were being put up by businesses in good faith, why were they not registered with the NRL by the Club and therefore not count towards the salary cap?

Why would the club not advise the Salary Cap auditor that these TPA's were in place?
T P A "s are supposed to be a separate entity to the set cap allocation and so are supposedly cap exempt . And yet Greenberg has said that T P A 's are still part of this apparent ' Total cap classification provision ' [ first time that i have heard of this term ] Maybe i should be better informed but i am still quite confused also on the context or basis of the decision .

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: first time ever Buzz has said something intelligent and actually funny!
Capture.JPG

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18