Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles Nest 78

Reserve Grader
Still very light in details ???

$1.5m over 13 players= $115k then if each year = $23k each year x 13??

What were the 3rd party deals? Cars, etc? I think Manly said these were organised by the player managers & players themselves directly with the 3rd party & not by Manly, etc?

These were well known 3rd Party deals registered to the NRL for some time !

800,000 documents reviewed !! How could you have that much documents in the first place ?? ... !!

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I think the Nrl must! Publish the 15 breaches over the five years.

The club must now expunge anyone person or persons who did this to our club.

The club Must end the dysfunction and get its act together!!

The blue touch paper has been lit. We must do everything possible to get rid of greenturd and his awful governance of the game . I want to know why the other seven clubs have not been subjected to this protracted investigation?

As a fan and member, I feel very let down by the toxic events of 14 to 16 seasons.

I'm glad it's over and the club can move on .

Very dark day for our club!!!

The Indian

Bencher
1.5 million is a nice round number isn’t it. $300k a year over five years. It’s funny, some of our worst sides in years were assembled by cheating the cap.

Indeed. Lets just get all of our players free demo cars from various car dealerships in the area like I dunno..... hmmmm some team that's a long way from Penrith.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So the Roosters and the Broncos and the Bulldogs or whoever can continue paying third party agreements via their " ärms length " companies with impunity as they have always done. And to far far far greater amounts than we can. But they do it legitimately.

The NRL make it so easy to cheat the rules that's the only infuriating thing about this....it was all so unnecessary.

We need to learn and copy what the big boys do.

Kevinward777

First Grader
And that was also a lack of oversight by the Owners, allowing Dez to backend contracts till 2014 :confused:
I just hope Penn is going to put his money where his mouth is. He has been insistent from the start that we have not purposely rorted the cap. He has paid for legal advice and there has been plenty of noise that he is going to fight this. If he now accepts this ruling then serious questions need to be asked about WTF he was thinking. Greenberg implied that we had multiple opportunities to come clean and we didn’t and I can only assume this translated to a larger penalty. Over to you Scott.

manly al

First Grader
Greendog was a pains to say the punishment is not for TPA issues, but rather for club sanctioned payments above the Total Renumeration Agreement (TRA) which the players sign.

So Greenslime and Herr Nickla believe they have evidence that club individuals attempted to or actually did pay $'s to players above their signed TRA.

Interestingly Greenfeces did say that some players were not paid what they found as evidence, Formefamily and Mrplod probably.

I know its probably semantics that we say TPA, they say NON TPA, but really that's the whole argument and Greencatpiss cant risk saying manlys issues are TPA related.
So the implication from Greenberg then would be a two contract type arrangement and still inclusive of T P A" s ]. Yet he is also suggesting that T P A "s are not part of the final decision making basis . Really requires a lot more detail instead of the vague generalizations provided so far .

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Player agents involved but yeah the nrl won’t touch them
This fact alone shows the investigation and penalty is mere cosmetics and spin.
So why, exactly, are player agents untouchable?
Every NRL fan who has followed the progress of the Eels and Manly sagas would be able to confidently offer an educated guess.
And I'd say they'd be 100% right.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think the Nrl must! Publish the 15 breaches over the five years.

The club must now expunge anyone person or persons who did this to our club.

The club Must end the dysfunction and get its act together!!

The blue touch paper has been lit. We must do everything possible to get rid of greenturd and his awful governance of the game . I want to know why the other seven clubs have not been subjected to this protracted investigation?

As a fan and member, I feel very let down by the toxic events of 14 to 16 seasons.

I'm glad it's over and the club can move on .

Very dark day for our club!!!

It’s likely we will never know.

The next 6 hours or so will be interesting , the silence from Narrabeen is deafening to say the least.

If the Pennster calls a press conference we will know he’s appealing , if nothing is said we are as guilty as all hell!!

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Still very light in details ???

Guys,

Maybe I misread the announcement but I don’t see this as heavy or punitive.
1. $750k fine to the club of which $250k deferred pending reasonable governances put in place. Club pays this.
2. $660k off the Cap and spread over two years. So $330k off this years and next years cap.
3. I thought we had about $800k left in the Cap this year before all this started, so that should leave about $470k left after the cap fine.
4. If Lussick is released as mooted this morning, then that should give us somewhere close to original $800k left in this years cap.
If the above is correct, then that is a lot better than what I was expecting.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This fact alone shows the investigation and penalty is mere cosmetics and spin.
So why, exactly, are player agents untouchable?
Every NRL fan who has followed the progress of the Eels and Manly sagas would be able to confidently offer an educated guess.
And I'd say they'd be 100% right.

We all know why don’t we!!!

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
"adamant the club never set out to intentionally cheat"

This is the business owners statement in January (Scott Penn).

So Bob Fulton, Joe Kelly and Neil Bare have set us on this disaster course and impeded our recruitment for the next 2 years. Being 3 involved, yes we did intentionally cheat and have to cop the punishment. I don't care about the other 2 but Bozo, really? You have disgraced yourself and the club.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
So what's next. Penns throw up their hands and say we're outta here maybe !?!?
Next stop Perth Sea Eagles or Adelaide.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13