The Anti-Seibold MEGA THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Well finally the media drums have started beating on this less than average coach. They'll get louder and louder the more the losses build. We miss the 8 then he must go. Seems we're heading down the Parramatta path of clueless mis-management and aimless business planning.
Manly have been on the Flockup Freeway for more than a decade. With antecedents dating back to the Superleague era.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
I believe we can win six out of the last nine games (Knights - Home, Titans- Home, Warriors - Home, Tigers - Away, Bulldogs - Away, Sharks - Home) and might lose 3 (Cowboys - Away, Roosters - Away, Raiders - Away). If we win these games (plus add in the byes), we have a really good chance of making the top eight, probably in fifth or sixth spot. If we beat the Cowboys away and only lose to the Roosters and Raiders, we still have a shot at finishing fourth. I refuse to give up hope for the team in 2024 just yet. Where there's life, there's hope.
Love the optimism, mate, and I hope you are right. But I think about us winning six from nine and just can't see it happening, no matter who we are playing. I can't remember the last time we had a winning percentage like that, and I'm not confident this team - even at full strength - can ever string two wins together.

I really don't like our chances next up against the Cowboys in Townsville. And if we lose that game, which seems likely, the pressure will begin to mount. How Seibold and the team responds to that pressure will be interesting to say the least.

If we do make the eight from here, it will be some sort of effort. But we are going to need to find some consistency, and find it fast.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Love the optimism, mate, and I hope you are right. But I think about us winning six from nine and just can't see it happening, no matter who we are playing. I can't remember the last time we had a winning percentage like that, and I'm not confident this team - even at full strength - can ever string two wins together.

I really don't like our chances next up against the Cowboys in Townsville. And if we lose that game, which seems likely, the pressure will begin to mount. How Seibold and the team responds to that pressure will be interesting to say the least.

If we do make the eight from here, it will be some sort of effort. But we are going to need to find some consistency, and find it fast.

I agree with you on the Cowboys @Dion Johnson Thats one of the three games I see us losing over the next nine rounds. Its really going to depend on winning our two home games with the Knights and Titans in rounds nineteen and twenty. Roosters away in round twenty one, followed by Raiders away in round twenty two are also games that I see us losing. The last four games (Warriors, Tigers, Bulldogs, Sharks) are all potential wins for us in my opinion. Go Manly.

zfinkels

They are playing to the crowd on this article... I didn't see them questioning Andrew Webster even though the Warriors are now sitting in 13th, having just been beaten by sixty points by the team who were on the bottom of the ladder

Seibold set to face ‘hard questions’ after ‘diabolical’ Manly showing, head-scratching call​

'Diabolical!" Sea Eagles slip out of 8 | 02:30

Daniel Nuttall from Fox Sports
June 25th, 2024 8:09 am
Questions have been raised over the future of Manly coach Anthony Seibold after the Sea Eagles dished up a “horrific” performance in a 14-0 loss to South Sydney.
In a game veteran journalist Brent Read labelled as “awful”, Manly looked listless in attack without star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans, gun back rower Haumole Olakau’atu, Jake Trbojevic and Reuben Garrick.
NRL360 host Braith Anasta didn’t mince words about the Sea Eagles after they failed to score a point against a Rabbitohs team that was also missing stars Latrell Mitchell and Cam Murray.
Seibold translation - Brave and Proud (x5)

Nordburg

First Grader
Hey Ryan - we all love Tooves but he inherited a pretty good team - which I would attribute to his impressive win percentage.

I think it is pretty telling he hasn't been offered a gig since. I think that ship has sailed.
Not to mention the fact he hasn’t coached in the NRL in almost 10 years

Nordburg

First Grader
They are playing to the crowd on this article... I didn't see them questioning Andrew Webster even though the Warriors are now sitting in 13th, having just been beaten by sixty points by the team who were on the bottom of the ladder.
Webster is coming off a great season last year and was extended to the end of ‘28 just last October.If the Warriors are having similar issues and thrashing this time next year,even that’s a stretch given the length of his contract,then questions maybe asked.Seibold on the other hand,is over half way through a 3 year deal,team is basically in the same position as they were last season and is seeking an extension,so of course he’s going to be in the news/under the spotlight

BirdMan4ever

Reserve Grader
time for siebold to move on, our defence has been woeful under his watch, players selection has been poor, the game against the bunnies was his last straw for mind in terms of a contract extension .

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
time for siebold to move on, our defence has been woeful under his watch, players selection has been poor, the game against the bunnies was his last straw for mind in terms of a contract extension .
I think it's a discussion for the off season.

We are 7th best for points conceded and 9th best for tries conceded. So middle of the road.

KaZa

Bencher
Extension should be off the table at this point. Zero consistency.. Defence still awful. Letting go promising juniors... I can hack a lot of that.. but what i hate the most is letting your manager choose players for your footy team. Its pathetic. Who runs this side? Even Maestrovs manager is the same.... Penns are bull**** to allow this to happen.

The Who

Journey Man
Team performances will determine his future. IMO only a late run of victories will save him.
Who would be better?
We've seen the list of candidates vying for the Eels' coaching position and it doesn't contain an outstanding contender.
Would you prefer to take the punt on a ex-rugby union coach such as Cheika, an untried coach such as Ryles, or a failed coach such as Arthur?
Any suggestions?

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Who would be better?
We've seen the list of candidates vying for the Eels' coaching position and it doesn't contain an outstanding contender.
Would you prefer to take the punt on a ex-rugby union coach such as Cheika, an untried coach such as Ryles, or a failed coach such as Arthur?
Any suggestions?
Arthur for mine. Only because I think he might provide a bit more grit to this team, which I reckon is what we've lacked for a number or years now. Point taken though, he wouldn't be a massive upgrade from Seibold and I certainly wouldn't be paying Seibold out to get him.

Pete W

Bencher
Even Barrett took Manly top 8 in his second year. If Seibold can't do it from this position after his time so far, he should be sacked at season's end. Without one doubt.

Last year, we won 5 from our last 9. If we just do one better this year, we'll finish in the 8. If we can jag 1 or 2 wins post season, then he deserves more time. But let's be honest, anything less than that with the 2× SOO Captains and other rep players in our roster, is a total failure

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Even Barrett took Manly top 8 in his second year. If Seibold can't do it from this position after his time so far, he should be sacked at season's end. Without one doubt.

Last year, we won 5 from our last 9. If we just do one better this year, we'll finish in the 8. If we can jag 1 or 2 wins post season, then he deserves more time. But let's be honest, anything less than that with the 2× SOO Captains and other rep players in our roster, is a total failure

Last year we had the " Siebs missed the pre-season" excuse.

No excuses for this season.

He has done some hiring and firing, and has had ample time with the club to get this squad into the finals this season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18