All NRL Games [Round 17, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Also SOO men and SOO Women

Friday, June 28
Bulldogs v Sharks, Accor Stadium, Nine/Fox, 8pm

Saturday, June 29
Warriors v Broncos, Go Media Stadium, Fox, 3pm
Knights v Eels, McDonald Jones Stadium, Fox, 5:30pm
Storm v Raiders, AAMI Park, Fox, 7:35pm

Sunday, June 30
Dragons v Dolphins, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Fox, 2pm
Panthers v Cowboys, BlueBet Stadium, Nine/Fox, 4:05pm
Roosters v Tigers, Allianz Stadium, Fox, 6:15pm

Souths, Manly, Titans - bye.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Hard to believe that these are 2 teams in the top 5.
Both very average tonight.
Errors,directionless,very poor.
Should this be in the dark thread for other teams?
Jokes,just jokes.....

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hynes didn’t fire, though the Sharks pack were disappointing, thought they would have punched through the Dogs.

Ciraldos plan of playing smaller forwards is working well for him.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Hynes didn’t fire, though the Sharks pack were disappointing, thought they would have punched through the Dogs.

Ciraldos plan of playing smaller forwards is working well for him.
I have to admit they have surprised me(dogs),but they are susceptible to a pack going through their middle.
I don't think their goal line defense is great,they tend to go better when they can keep teams away from their line.
Have to admit I don't see a lot of their games.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I have to admit they have surprised me(dogs),but they are susceptible to a pack going through their middle.
I don't think their goal line defense is great,they tend to go better when they can keep teams away from their line.
Sharks would be close to having the biggest pack including the bench forwards, Hamlin-Uele didn’t play, him and Hunt normally bring that running game in the middle.

I did notice Ciraldo gave Hughes and King more minutes than what he has been, hopefully Tent is back and full fitness soon as our pack misses that yardage.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I disagree with most of what’s been said in this thread thus far.
That was a great win by the Dogs last night because the Sharks pack were rolling all second half. It was the Dogs scramble in defence and ability to keep turning them away that meant they could still snatch victory at the death.
They probably should have lost but that they still won, speaks to a team with desire and resilience.
They’re second in defence across all 17 clubs. I keep waiting for them to slip into the abyss but they haven’t. Sadly, with their defence coming together, I worry we’re are stuck with them playing finals this year 🤮

But yeah, not sure where the idea of Dogs defence being suspect and Cronulla’s pack underperforming has come from…I believe they were each side’s strength last night.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
There was a crazy stat on the pregame last night.
Dogs are 2nd for points conceded, first for tries conceded.
At the same time they're last for missed tackles and 2nd last for penalties conceded.

This says to me they don't mind breaking the rules to spoil the ruck and they are scrambling very well.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
That was a great win by the Dogs last night because the Sharks pack were rolling all second half. It was the Dogs scramble in defence and ability to keep turning them away that meant they could still snatch victory at the death.
They probably should have lost but that they still won, speaks to a team with desire and resilience.
They’re second in defence across all 17 clubs. I keep waiting for them to slip into the abyss but they haven’t. Sadly, with their defence coming together, I worry we’re are stuck with them playing finals this year 🤮

But yeah, not sure where the idea of Dogs defence being suspect and Cronulla’s pack underperforming has come from…I believe they were each side’s strength last night.
All defense's are "suspect" in some way,they do scramble well as you say.
The Sharks pack did underperform early and when they got it together the Dogs only points came from a penalty goal and then a field goal.
Not denying it was a gritty win,everyone knows they are conceding less points than most.
My post was that they do better when they can compete in the middle and not give up yardage,the few games I have seen when their smaller forwards lose the battle the points come (as happens with most sides)once the Sharks pack got the ascendancy the tries started to come,whereas when they forced the Sharks to kick from 40 plus out they were stopping the points.
But yes,good win for the Dogs,they definitely have more mongrel than last year.
They will both be there at the end of the year but they both look very vulnerable,I would not be fearing either side,but that does not equate to a win.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There was a crazy stat on the pregame last night.
Dogs are 2nd for points conceded, first for tries conceded.
At the same time they're last for missed tackles and 2nd last for penalties conceded.

This says to me they don't mind breaking the rules to spoil the ruck and they are scrambling very well.
I just hope Hynes missing that field goal doesn't come back to haunt us, given the Bulldogs jumped us in the table with that win. We really need to win this Cowboys game!!

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member

The Dogs efforts in defence is good, they cover ground well.

I thought the Sharks pack were below par on what they have produced this season, Hunt was below par along with Kaufusi for me, they have been damaging runners of the ball this season.

When you look at the Dogs pack they gave away a lot of size in the middle with that matchup.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Geez Broncos looking ordinary
Sailor in hindsight should have taken that good coin he was offered when he was in form earlier this season, has looked a shadow of that last couple of games.

You noticed Webster has been rotating the edge forwards in Ford, Barnett and Niukore in the middle and the edges?

Niukore looks to be getting back into some form for me.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Tod Smith did everything to get the donkeys over the line, i was surprised he didn't award Cobbo the try in the corner.... 6A on the 5th tackle was BS.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Another game where possession has been "massaged". The donkeys have been given twice the amount of ball than Wahs (10 sets to 20) in the second half... and a couple of those possessions were last tackle 6As.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18