The Anthony Seibold Grievances MEGA THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Webster is coming off a great season last year and was extended to the end of ‘28 just last October.If the Warriors are having similar issues and thrashing this time next year,even that’s a stretch given the length of his contract,then questions maybe asked.Seibold on the other hand,is over half way through a 3 year deal,team is basically in the same position as they were last season and is seeking an extension,so of course he’s going to be in the news/under the spotlight

As irritatingly non-committal as I sometimes find AS's post-match comments, I don't think losing a match by 14 points with 11 of 17 first choice players missing is quite the big deal many people think it is... A lot of other teams would have been flogged.

As for an extension, we're still 18 months away from the end of his contract, so surely the club will be smart enough to wait until at least the end of this year to continue those discussions.

Nordburg

First Grader
As irritatingly non-committal as I sometimes find AS's post-match comments, I don't think losing a match by 14 points with 11 of 17 first choice players missing is quite the big deal many people think it is... A lot of other teams would have been flogged.

As for an extension, we're still 18 months away from the end of his contract, so surely the club will be smart enough to wait until at least the end of this year to continue those discussions.
Yeah I wasn’t critical of the performance on Saturday night.I thought 50 was on the cards prior to kick off,given the outs.I think the issue was the team selection and the way they played.The game was there for the taking.Souths had more head scratching out of that game than Manly.

Rackets

Doin' the eagle rock 🦅
but I don't think any player should feel safe (for the betterment of the team).
Your quote right there Ryan is what Seibold had referred to before the season started. Those depth signings of Paulo, Talau, Brown, etc were for that reason to challenge for positions and no player should feel complacent. It has worked out well for some, but that bunnies game could've been his masterstroke by selecting the right "available" players in their best positions to go out there and have a crack.
Positive is still time to get some wins and challenge for the 8. Top 4, which was looking good at the start of the year, might be just out of our reach on the back of those crucial losses.

Nike

Reserve Grader
Hey Nike....Crowe got the master coach back. As for Tripp, you know he owns Bet R, nothing to do with News Corp (now). They would all play Penn off a break......Penn sacked Toovey, hired Barrett, bought back Des and now Seibold. Let's not forget Rainbows and The Schuster fiasco. And guess what stupid, we are still 11th, 5 points off last. Get your lead poisoned head out of your @rse, there are obviously no brains in either.
Hmm citation needed. I'll cop some of that but you're going to need something to back up the **** dribbling down your chin. Here's mine:

Crowe is a minority shareholder who backed Demetriou and yes News Corp sold out of Betr, after investing $70M...

We're 3 points off the top 4, I can play that too.

Try again hahaha.

Edit: actually cbf, let's agree to disagree for civility sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Hmm citation needed. I'll cop some of that but you're going to need something to back up the **** dribbling down your chin. Here's mine:

Crowe is a minority shareholder who backed Demetriou and yes News Corp sold out of Betr, after investing $70M...

We're 3 points off the top 4, I can play that too.

Try again hahaha.
So whats cant News Ltd invest in business to make money. Russell Crowe won a premiership, whilst under his control, what has Penn won or achieved ?...

"So this is his premiership, his creation. He dreamed big and he made it happen. For all who have contributed, they could not have without Crowe. He has brought success back to Redfern, bringing the pride back to the Pride of the League. He is, quite simply, their saviour"

We are 5 points of wooden spoon. Play with yourself if you want to play games. Your a moron.

Your personal attack on me, came after I suggested if Seibold goes can he take Penn with him. I stand by that still. He has helped Manly achieve nothing but ongoing mediocrity.

Last edited:

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Like I keep saying, I don't see another coach doing any / much better than Siebold. For the past 10 years we've had:

Toovey
Flanagan
Monaghan
Hasler
Siebold
Ennis
Arthur
Cartwright
Monaghan
Randall
Dymock
Barrett

and a host of others coaching our squad. Apart from Toovey (with Arthur as his assistant), we've really lacked results (averaging 10th - 11th) in that span.

Who then, is going to come in with a magic wand and completely change the culture? Particularly given the different types , classes, experiences, strategies, systems of all the coaches we've already had.

It isn't the coach guys. Hell, it isn't the players either (we have some elite players). IT'S THE TEAM. Whoever is constructing, acquiring, retaining, releasing players (including depth) is letting us down. Maybe they've paid a few too much? Our marquee playing group at club level have seriously under performed. Our depth is terrible. We've lost 5 of our last 7 games again.

In my view, Siebold is okay. In my view the players are fine. It comes down to who we are signing/ re-signing. Maybe some tough decisions around team favourites need to be made in order for us to progress? I know that will upset.somw of you, but I don't think any player should feel safe (for the betterment of the team).
There has only been one consistent over all those years....I would suggest that is the first place to look

Rocky

Bencher
Like I keep saying, I don't see another coach doing any / much better than Siebold. For the past 10 years we've had:

Toovey
Flanagan
Monaghan
Hasler
Siebold
Ennis
Arthur
Cartwright
Monaghan
Randall
Dymock
Barrett

and a host of others coaching our squad. Apart from Toovey (with Arthur as his assistant), we've really lacked results (averaging 10th - 11th) in that span.

Who then, is going to come in with a magic wand and completely change the culture? Particularly given the different types , classes, experiences, strategies, systems of all the coaches we've already had.

It isn't the coach guys. Hell, it isn't the players either (we have some elite players). IT'S THE TEAM. Whoever is constructing, acquiring, retaining, releasing players (including depth) is letting us down. Maybe they've paid a few too much? Our marquee playing group at club level have seriously under performed. Our depth is terrible. We've lost 5 of our last 7 games again.

In my view, Siebold is okay. In my view the players are fine. It comes down to who we are signing/ re-signing. Maybe some tough decisions around team favourites need to be made in order for us to progress? I know that will upset.somw of you, but I don't think any player should feel safe (for the betterment of the team).
Great post Ryan. nailed it.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
If spoony survives and by some miracle we make finals I'd like to see Arthur brought in as assistant. That way at least some experience to take over when the inevitable failure occurs next year.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18