[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No I’m all good @Woodsie... feeling very sprightly and positive this morning. Pumped about the youngsters we have coming through, Des re-signing, Turbo’s return, and our victory on Friday. But thanks all the same for thinking of me.

You are a constant source of disappointment ... Dessie being attacked ... and you go all Kumbaya My Lord on me ... the injustice of it all ....

Des has lost the dressing room. Hoppa senior has made that clear. I don't think he's angry at his son getting picked. Clearly more going on as he's angry at the club not Des in particular. Hoppa Fainu Moses AFB etc.. they all linked ie mates etc. This reminds me of the Stewart's choc foran situation. They will all leave. Split in the camp clearly. Getting rid of Des won't fix it but it's a start.

AFB... start of the exodus.........

Looks like Des is staying.. Des needs to clean up the place now and start a fresh. Whoever is not siding with him must go as well. Quite clear that there was a split in the squad. There is no way they could perform as heroic as they did earlier on in the season.. to what happened the last 6-7 rounds. Suprised Fainu is staying on.. he must not be getting many offers... wonder why..

Bring back Tooves. Coach.. assistant..whatever.

Looks like Des is staying.. Des needs to clean up the place now and start a fresh. Whoever is not siding with him must go as well. Quite clear that there was a split in the squad. There is no way they could perform as heroic as they did earlier on in the season.. to what happened the last 6-7 rounds. Suprised Fainu is staying on.. he must not be getting many offers... wonder why..

Fainu received several offers which were considerably higher than what he re-signed for. But carry on.

I think I agree with @KaZa in that there must have been, or still are, some issues in the camp as at times they haven't looked like they are " together".

I don't think its toxic (like we have seen at the Bronco's) rather perhaps a few unhappy over maybe a range of things, and who really knows.

This should be a good point to put a line in the sand with Des being given another few years, you in for the ride or if not you are free to explore your options.

We have some good juniors who we need to bring through and any purchase they make will need to be ones that "buy in", Joel Thompson was a perfect example.

It will be an interesting few months that's for sure

You don't think:

01. Tom Trbojevic
01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Dylan Walker
06. Cade Cust
06. Josh Schuster
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Manase Fainu
11. Joel Thompson

All being injured later in the season (Brad Parker also out a lot) - being 12 players, had anything to do with the drop in form?

I hear that teams go through injury, and deal with them. But for mine, this is extra-ordinary, and if we were to snag the last two games, could come 9th overall?

Add in the two bad video refs missed calls that literally cost us games (according to their boss), and we'd actually still be in touch with the 8 !

You don't think:

01. Tom Trbojevic
01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Dylan Walker
06. Cade Cust
06. Josh Schuster
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Manase Fainu
11. Joel Thompson

All being injured later in the season (Brad Parker also out a lot) - being 12 players, had anything to do with the drop in form?

I hear that teams go through injury, and deal with them. But for mine, this is extra-ordinary, and if we were to snag the last two games, could come 9th overall?

Add in the two bad video refs missed calls that literally cost us games (according to their boss), and we'd actually still be in touch with the 8 !

Great point

Also missing the no 9, 1 and 6 for most of the year out of those listed

An
You don't think:

01. Tom Trbojevic
01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Dylan Walker
06. Cade Cust
06. Josh Schuster
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Manase Fainu
11. Joel Thompson

You don't think:

01. Tom Trbojevic
01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Dylan Walker
06. Cade Cust
06. Josh Schuster
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Manase Fainu
11. Joel Thompson

And if there was split in the camp,it’s Rugba League so there’s no secrets and the media would be all over it,unless it’s got to do with the Broncos and they sweep it under the very lumpy rug

You don't think:

01. Tom Trbojevic
01. Brendan Elliott
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Dylan Walker
06. Cade Cust
06. Josh Schuster
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Manase Fainu
11. Joel Thompson

No. We had quite a few of those players during the year and a few out for most the year. Earlier in the season we saw a depleted Manly show courage and grind out some results. They proper gave up in the last 6-7 rounds. Clearly something a miss. I heard rumours but didnt think anything of it. That spirit that was there earlier in the season unfortunately has not been on show. Those players dont just lose form that badly. If you want to live in fairy land, feel free. I remember similar doubters back in the Foran/Watmough later days before it all blew up in the press. You may remember a thing about that.

If true about Dessie being extended.. then thats fine but he will need to get rid of those not on board with his methods. We will see a bit more in the coming weeks and once the season is over.

No. We had quite a few of those players during the year and a few out for most the year. Earlier in the season we saw a depleted Manly show courage and grind out some results. They proper gave up in the last 6-7 rounds. Clearly something a miss. I heard rumours but didnt think anything of it. That spirit that was there earlier in the season unfortunately has not been on show. Those players dont just lose form that badly. If you want to live in fairy land, feel free. I remember similar doubters back in the Foran/Watmough later days before it all blew up in the press. You may remember a thing about that.

If true about Dessie being extended.. then thats fine but he will need to get rid of those not on board with his methods. We will see a bit more in the coming weeks and once the season is over.

Lots of speculation, innuendo and things there though Kazaa. What I know is we just put in a good performance against The Dogs

Lots of speculation, innuendo and things there though Kazaa. What I know is we just put in a good performance against The Dogs
I don't think it was from a lack of trying or not wanting to win, definitely some lack of composure, too many errors and not playing for full 80 mins for a lot of those games, to go with the horrible bad luck with injuries. We could and should of jagged a few more wins but not to be. At least we have some promising talent coming thru. Better luck with injuries and a couple of astute buys we definitely should be playing finals footy again next year

What I saw with my own eyes was a complete drop off in intensity and alot of disharmony. I formed my opinion. Could be way off . But all these players being let go speaks volumes. Clean out is needed and is in full force.

Never, in the history of human sporting endeavour, have so many former adherents and disciples of the great 2018 #NoExcuses pandemic ... made so many back-flips and offered so many excuses for 2020 ....

#Bringbacknoexcuses !!

I'm glad its only a 2 year extension and none of this 5 year nonsense. I expect the contract negations have touched upon his plans for the future and the manner in which he plans to use and develop our younger talent. I haven't been happy with Des this year but cannot ignore the horrendous injury toll and the lack of depth. But even with the injury toll, poor refereeing and the crazy parra linesman call we have under achieved big time. The losses initially against St Merge and Cronulla and the hemorrhaging of points that followed at times was horrible and I never ever expected to see that under Hasler's watch. This was also aggravated by selecting the same inept performers week after week. But one Des Hasler has in my book earned sufficient brownie points for the great things he has achieved for the club that I love that I will trust him one more time.

This was also aggravated by selecting the same inept performers week after week. But one Des Hasler has in my book earned sufficient brownie points for the great things he has achieved for the club that I love that I will trust him one more time.

Fair call ... and pretty much where I sit as well ... the guy has earned a bit of wriggle room ... but he needs to kick a few goals to shake of the stigma of his last few years at the Doggies ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4