[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's crazy to see how fickle some of the supporters on here are. This season has been unprecedented. We lost our starting hooker to start the season which had a massive change to the playing style we adapted last season. We lost our best player for nearly the whole season. We have consistently had key players with injuries rotate in and out of the squad all season.

The whole playing style of the NRL changed on it's head at a moment's notice. It's hard to adapt to that when you have so many injuries and you have plodders to replace them.

The one critiscm you can direct at Hasler is not giving enough of the young guys a go. Although Hasler's loyalty to his players is usually why he is able to get the best out of them in the long run. We are also not there at training so we don't have insight into everything.

If by the end of next season we are struggling then by all means questions about Des's job security should be raised, but for now let's back him to get the job done as he has before.
No excuses ....
The game has changed for all teams and all teams have had key players out this season
But Not all teams got blown away like the way we did last week with a record 38 nil at half time
Our legendary club is a proud club and passionate supporters have every right to express their disappointment
We all like our favourite son Des son who WAS a winner and we like nothing more than to see him succeed once again but we like our club more as no one is bigger than the Glory of our great club The Manly Sea eagles

No excuses ....
The game has changed for all teams and all teams have had key players out this season
But Not all teams got blown away like the way we did last week with a record 38 nil at half time
Our legendary club is a proud club and passionate supporters have every right to express their disappointment
We all like our favourite son Des son who WAS a winner and we like nothing more than to see him succeed once again but we like our club more as no one is bigger than the Glory of our great club The Manly Sea eagles
Des can only control so much. One poor half season which was riddled by injuries does not make a coach. Look at his career as a coach, he obviously knows what he is doing. People will look like fools if we are dominant next season.

Des can only control so much. One poor half season which was riddled by injuries does not make a coach. Look at his career as a coach, he obviously knows what he is doing. People will look like fools if we are dominant next season.
Des is paid like the rest of us who have a job to have full control and accountability
One poor season does not make a coach but the season is not over yet and Des has 5 more games to redeem this season and get us into the top 8 where our proud club belongs
Des's career as coach has been Great but unless he starts winning again he will remain a has been
AT Manly we dont value promises . We only value high Performances and we have not seen one for a while
Have a good day feathered friend

...just bumping this thread up where I can find it at around 5pm Sunday...

I know the game doesn't finish till 6pm but after last week, and having looked at the players named for the two sides, I will be amazed if we are not 3 tries down at halftime...

I may need it earlier if our team runs onto the ground 1-17...

I'll know you aren't just taking the piss when you start a "Bring Back Bazza" thread ....

Oh ... the delicious irony of it all ....

IF, that's a massive IF, we are dominant next year I will happily look like a fool...

in fact I will don the full Jester costume and parade my a*se around Brookie at our last home game... and I will love every minute of it...

but, as I said, that is a big IF...

I'll know you aren't just taking the piss when you start a "Bring Back Bazza" thread ....

Oh ... the delicious irony of it all ....
Trent Barrett coaching record.
Penrith u21 premiership side ninth
Manly Sea Eagles13th, 6th, 15th.

Des Hasler Coaching record
2 Premiership, 5 Grand Finals, 16 Final Series in 18 years.
Only a true numbnut would even suggest the ludicrous proposal of taking the assistant back.
Or perhaps someone who, you know... likes his smile.

Trent will NEVER have a playing/coaching record that looks like old Dessie boys... His fans are still waiting for him to win something 25 years later... at least Nathan Hindmarsh had the good sense to become a comical idiot.

Using Barrett to discredit Des is like comparing Einstein with Justin Hodges.

Last edited:

Only a true numbnut would even consider the ludicrous proposal of taking the assistant back.

Trent will NEVER have a playing/coaching record that looks like old Dessie boys... His fans are still waiting for him to win something 25 years later... at least Nathan Hindmarsh had the good sense to become a comical idiot.
Cant get over his smile can you KW... come out of the closet son... this is a safe space...

Only a true numbnut would even the ludicrous proposal of taking the assistant back.

One of your best!

Only a true numbnut would even suggest the ludicrous proposal of taking the assistant back.

What are you dribbling on about .... I simply told the bloke ... (@frank stokes ).. who started the sack Dessie thread ... that I would know he was taking the piss if he started a .. bring back bazza thread ...

How you interpreted that to be discrediting Des is mind boggling .....

If your intention is to win Numbnut of the year .... you have just moved into 1st place ... daylight 2nd ...

What are you dribbling on about .... I simply told the bloke ... (@frank stokes ).. who started the sack Dessie thread ... that I would know he was taking the piss if he started a .. bring back bazza thread ...

How you interpreted that to be discrediting Des is mind boggling .....

If your intention is to win Numbnut of the year .... you have just moved into 1st place ... daylight 2nd ...
  1. Yawn... you have been inadvertently having a dig at Des and waffling on about your boy Barrett all day. (For much longer in fact.) go back and read your posts man. I’ll take the mantra of being named the numbnut of the year by you with a sense of pride.

2. 1598409691729.jpeg

Does Des have control over who gets recruited still? Having some high paying contracts makes it hard to recruit what Des wants. Obviously he can only control what we have atm which is alot of deadwood left from Barrett and co. Also its been a **** season with injuries to majority of our key players. :(

1. Yawn... you have been inadvertently having a dig at Des and waffling on about your boy Barrett all day. (For much longer in fact.) go back and read your posts man. I’ll take the mantra of being named the numbnut of the year by you with a sense of pride.

2. View attachment 15253

Mate .. if you want to have a go at me ... you need to lift yourself above 6th grade arguments and asinine memes ....

Mate .. if you want to have a go at me ... you need to lift yourself above 6th grade arguments and asinine memes ....
You use the “intellectual” sounding term asinine quite often... in many of those instances “silly” or “stupid” would be a better fit.

You use the “intellectual” sounding term asinine quite often... in many of those instances “silly” or “stupid” would be a better fit.

a) you spend to much time worrying about what I type ... and

b) I shan't be taking literary advice from someone with, at best, an elementary grasp of reading and comprehension ..

It's crazy to see how fickle some of the supporters on here are. This season has been unprecedented. We lost our starting hooker to start the season which had a massive change to the playing style we adapted last season. We lost our best player for nearly the whole season. We have consistently had key players with injuries rotate in and out of the squad all season.

The whole playing style of the NRL changed on it's head at a moment's notice. It's hard to adapt to that when you have so many injuries and you have plodders to replace them.

The one critiscm you can direct at Hasler is not giving enough of the young guys a go. Although Hasler's loyalty to his players is usually why he is able to get the best out of them in the long run. We are also not there at training so we don't have insight into everything.

If by the end of next season we are struggling then by all means questions about Des's job security should be raised, but for now let's back him to get the job done as he has before.
Agreed BUT

174 points scored against us in 4 games is not acceptable regardless of all the above. Just 2 months without 3 players and we fall from contenders to possible wooden-spooners says our preparation and structures need to be looked at...

"If by the end of next season we are struggling"... I hate to break it to you, but we ARE struggling, our season has in fact ENDED

The only way Des will shut up all the whining (not that he loses sleep over our opinions lol), is by playing some young talent over the remaining rounds. Let turbo and walks have a rest. Let jake have an early mark - he def needs a good pre-season! Even DCE, marty, and addin imo should all be given weeks off, they've tried their guts out. This can be a big opportunity for guys like Guac, Metcalf, Saddler, Schuster, Hoppa Jr, Cust, Paseka, Keppie, etc We will see them get flogged but at least they'll be firing for next season

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8