[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Agreed BUT

174 points scored against us in 4 games is not acceptable regardless of all the above. Just 2 months without 3 players and we fall from contenders to possible wooden-spooners says our preparation and structures need to be looked at...

"If by the end of next season we are struggling"... I hate to break it to you, but we ARE struggling, our season has in fact ENDED

The only way Des will shut up all the whining (not that he loses sleep over our opinions lol), is by playing some young talent over the remaining rounds. Let turbo and walks have a rest. Let jake have an early mark - he def needs a good pre-season! Even DCE, marty, and addin imo should all be given weeks off, they've tried their guts out. This can be a big opportunity for guys like Guac, Metcalf, Saddler, Schuster, Hoppa Jr, Cust, Paseka, Keppie, etc We will see them get flogged but at least they'll be firing for next season
I’m sure Jake will be happy to quit playing for the rest of the season... thrilled is the word that first comes to mind

Totally agree.
Very entertaining.
Love the word 'asinine'. Which prompts the question: why are hemorrhoids not called assterioids?
Whatever you call them, they were responsible for wiping out the dinosaur population...
Wasn't called a Megasaurass for nothing!

HASLER SET TO GET LIFT WITH NEW EAGLES DEAL
Despite a disappointing season by Manly standards, the Sea Eagles are about to extend the contract of veteran coach Des Hasler, probably this week.

CEO Steve Humphreys says: “We’re in the final throes of sorting out an extension beyond next year. It’s very close. We’re 12th on the ladder but there’s no lack of confidence in Des. It’s more about a shocking run with injuries. We’re probably only a few days away from finalising everything.”

Despite a disappointing season by Manly standards, the Sea Eagles are about to extend the contract of veteran coach Des Hasler, probably this week.

CEO Steve Humphreys says: “We’re in the final throes of sorting out an extension beyond next year. It’s very close. We’re 12th on the ladder but there’s no lack of confidence in Des. It’s more about a shocking run with injuries. We’re probably only a few days away from finalising everything.”
Great news
Its good to know Des is given the time to build his own grand final winning team once again
download (14).jpg

I'm happy to see Des getting re-signed (can't bring myself to type 'getting an extension' teehee).
Ok...got that?!?!?!

But I must admit I did get a chuckle out of the above article because all year:

Des after a loss: "We can't blame injuries, the replacements have to step up"

contract renewal time:

"INJURIES!!!!!!!"

lol

Also, many may not, but I'm comfortable acknowledging that 9-10 injured players will make a dent in your win loss ratio.

Certainly had some previous issues with the way and manner he left Manly in 2011 and some of the selection policy this season but on the stability and positive influence and proven track record front , can only be a good thing to keep him in the head coaching Manly role post 2021 .

Ahhh, rugby league, ya got to luv it!
After a season from hell where he coached the team to play anything but Manly-like football, and continually blocked opportunities for budding star players in favour of stumblebums, DESpicable is given an extension.
I thought this club was all about "results"....
Apparently not.
What a wonderful profession RL coaching is. You fail and get rewarded.
At other clubs like the Worriers, the 'Boys, Illawarra, the Dogs and the Donkeys you get sacked. Not here. We are no longer a "results-driven business."

As long as the cleanout started this week continues. And he gets some smart and tough assistants.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8