[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

malroon

Reserve Grader
Seibold anyone?
Tigers signed a new coach, didn't want him, Warriors signed a new coach , didn't want him, Canterbury signed a new coach didn't want him, seeing a pattern here..?????? Same for the great Flanagan..:)

Last edited:

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Des will sort it out like how we recovered from the 2020 mess. Took about 5 rounds into 2021 but he got it sorted. Des has enough past form to turn it around. Now what’s your proposal? what flanno? which is essentially a poor man’s Des. The walkers BROS? Who are a myth that would amount to nothing in FG NRL. Bellamy.? 100% yes! but he would never come to Manly. Cronk? The guy hates Manly as much as you! Will bet my left nut he will never end up coaching Manly. There is more chance of the Gold Coast winning the comp next season.
It was turned around because injuries gave Haumole etc. a start and that turned it around.

Damien2812

Bencher
Thatt is completely insane! Who is everybody? Max and some pundits on the forum.. wow talk about been sucked in by a BS hype train. Nathan brown to replace DES that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. Might as well eat poop all off season if that’s a viable solution…
Well thats what I hear mainly on here that everyone wants Hasler gone. And no that's not the dumbest idea if you remember Barrett took over from Toovey which sits on top of the dumbest ideas from this club.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Des did mention lack of experience however it was two of our most experienced that made awful errors. Foz’s intercept and Marty’s drop ball trying to do one his rubbish off loads with 5 to go cost us the game.
Peoples excuses only expose their incompetency

We had enough experience to win that game
We were leading that game 16 points to nil at one stage

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Well thats what I hear mainly on here that everyone wants Hasler gone. And no that's not the dumbest idea if you remember Barrett took over from Toovey which sits on top of the dumbest ideas from this club.
Don’t worry about what you hear mate. Think for your self belief me it is very liberating:)

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Anyone who thinks Des isn’t a problem must enjoy the club being where they are now. Two of the club’s worst ever losing streaks since he took back over. Unthinkable blown leads this year to the Cowboys, (almost) Storm and now the Dogs. Record losses to the Sharks, Broncos, Raiders, Titans.

For those who default to saying ‘who would you replace him with then’. Here’s a few I would over the old idiot before he runs our club deep into the ground like he did the Bulldogs.
  • Jason Ryles
  • Billy Slater
  • Geoff Toovey
  • Shane Flanagan
  • John Morris

There are options out there, stop acting like Des is the right man because he knows the club, he clearly ****ing doesn’t based on performance

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Anyone who thinks Des isn’t a problem must enjoy the club being where they are now. Two of the club’s worst ever losing streaks since he took back over. Unthinkable blown leads this year to the Cowboys, (almost) Storm and now the Dogs. Record losses to the Sharks, Broncos, Raiders, Titans.

For those who default to saying ‘who would you replace him with then’. Here’s a few I would over the old idiot before he runs our club deep into the ground like he did the Bulldogs.
  • Jason Ryles
  • Billy Slater
  • Geoff Toovey
  • Shane Flanagan
  • John Morris

There are options out there, stop acting like Des is the right man because he knows the club, he clearly ****ing doesn’t based on performance
Dumbest post ever. Watch what he does next year

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Dumbest post ever. Watch what he does next year
Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Watch what he doesn't do.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
7 losses to end the season and people want to defend that. This club has gone so far down the sh*tpipe I don't see how it'll recover unless major changes are made. It cannot seriously continue next season with this same rinse and repeat garbage being thrown up by coaching, conditioning and leadership.

Seriously some of you on here obviously walk around with a brick on your shoulders. This year has been a debacle - no doubt about it... the Boycott 10 was a huge issue but just get a grip and think about most of these players being out last night and most of them unavailable all year or at least for large chunks... and these are all in our best 17:-

Turbo - year
Lawton - year
Boyle - most of the year
Parker - significant number of matches
Harper
Garrick - played injured for weeks
Jake
Keppie - significant chunks of the year
Paseka - significant chunks of the year
Aloiai - decent number of games missed
Saab
Schuster - significant chunk of the year plus general fitness issues

That is 12 out of our 17 or at least 11 out of our best 17 (excluding Boyle) who have missed significant chunks of the year ... ie 65% of our side has missed 6 or more games I am guessing (Garrick also played injured for about 8 weeks). Then throw on top of that the Boycott 10 fiasco.... there just isn't much room for success. Now could we have blooded some youngsters earlier - maybe but Weekes showed last night he is not a fullback (just on the first half I watched) and is in fact a much better 5/8 in my view... and you couldn't blood him in front of Foran - probably our best player and certainly the player who gave his all every game. Koula got blooded - was found wanting at the back end of the year... Tippytoes blooded - was found wanting. Tuitavake I understand was injured for large portions. Fulton played and showed great ticker... maybe he could have got more game time. Humphreys and GKT - obviously too young and not up to it at this stage. Injuries have played a huge role. Then take into account that many players have shown us that they are plodders or fringe type players and not up to first grade standard - players we all had pretty high hopes for - Burbo, Keppie, Sipley, Harper etc... and then players like DCE decided to have a shocking year and it really was the "perfect" storm. Now do I think Des needs to shoulder heaps of the blame - yep... but last night he didnt drop those balls that Davey and Burbo did in the first half or make those ridiculous mistakes like Foran and Marty (I never watched the second half just reading what has been said). There needs to be a cleanout of players that is for sure. Do we need another coach... well for those with bricks on your shoulders... besides Flannagan... just who is out there that is high quality and a winner... Maguire, Brown etc???? I am sorry but the cupboard full of great coaches who Manly can actually sign is... empty! Get a grip and look at the reality of the season.. The Boycott 10 was just the bad icing on a bad cake of a year! Instead of the coach going and signing some numpty - lets get rid of the non performers... we have quite a few.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18