[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Watching most of the other games the last few weeks at the moment we are CLEARLY the worst team in the comp. It isn't even close. Other teams with nothing to play for are at least putting in..... we aren't and that's on Des, DCE, the players, the owners and management.

Top to bottom. We're ****ed.
I’d argue that us and the queens were really the only team with nothing to play for leading into last week. The others were all either a chance of getting/avoiding the spoon still or chance of finals and top 4. Tge dragons were also very lackluster against the team running dead last and almost lost.

Also have you watched the Warriors lately?

I just want this season to be done tbh. Over it all now.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
So why did he leave and go to the dogs?

It is well known that des has financial interests first (not that I blame him as it is a job for him)
Our Great Godfather left Manly to go to the bush for a better offer

And so did our Greatest Incomparable Immortal go to the roosters for a better offer

But like Des they all came back

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
So why did he leave and go to the dogs?

It is well known that des has financial interests first (not that I blame him as it is a job for him)
Hi Isz
Money was a major factor Des abandoned ship in 2011 and it was already done before the GF Win
But....there were more reasons also....

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Hi Isz
Money was a major factor Des abandoned ship in 2011 and it was already done before the GF Win
But....there were more reasons also....
Come on Maxta !!!

If another Manly forum offered you more money to abandon the Silvertails you would be off like a brides nightie

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Come on Maxta !!!

If another Manly forum offered you more money to abandon the Silvertails you would be off like a brides nightie
Honestly no - but there was more to this story as Dogs came in after knowing there were a few things Des was unhappy about and offered the Big $$$
Sad thing was, already done well before Manly done the GF lap of honour in 2011

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He is not all about Money . He is also all about Manly

Played for Manly for so many years and won grand finals

The attachment is there for both the club and his families interests
Nah mate , whilst Des might hold the Manly spirit within everything is about the $$$. If another club offered Des more money he’d be gone in a flash.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Honestly no - but there was more to this story as Dogs came in after knowing there were a few things Des was unhappy about and offered the Big $$$
Sad thing was, already done well before Manly done the GF lap of honour in 2011
What ever the reason was it was

And that was years ago

No one moves forward by lying with the skeletons of the past feathered friend

1661985631787.png

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Nah mate , whilst Des might hold the Manly spirit within everything is about the $$$. If another club offered Des more money he’d be gone in a flash.
What Des did was not Bad . What des did was Business feathered friend

Our most honourable Godfather and the Incomparable one left our club for more money
That does not mean they did not love our club . They also loved their family

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
That's right Brocky, that was a massive forward pass.
I can't understand how it wasn't called back.
Just B4 half time, Killer kicked for the side line, Jennings stuck his foot out, he made contact with the ball and the Roosters got the scrum feed.
Pearce knocked the ball out of Foran's hands when he was in the process of playing the ball, not far from the try line.
The Roosters got the scrum feed, again.
Ironically, the only 'people ' that didn't see any of these were the Ref and Touchies.
There were quite a few illegalities by the Roosters, that the 'officials' failed to act on in the 2013 GF.
Roosters fans I've spoken to over the last 9 years have sheepishly admitted that they were very lucky with the poor decisions or lack of decisions.
In regards to Tooves, I don't he's the solution.
Though, I do feel that a former Manly Legend could be a good Candidate for the Coaching role.
I won a Premiership with The FORESTVILLE FERRETS if that helps the selection process........
Though I do have a strict rule about the 4th tackle.
On the 4th tackle, the ball is to be treated as a 'hot potato '
I want to see the ball being passed thru multiple pairs of hands.
Forwards acting as Halfbacks, Schuster moving in a forward direction, not sideways.
Any player taking a soft, submissive tackle on the 4th would be faced with a hefty fine.
Plus, what happened to the ' up and in ' defence technique.
Too many tries are scored due to players backing off, giving the attacking side an easy passage to the try line.

If any Club wants to be successful, they need to nurture and retain their Juniors.
The NRL needs to increase the Salary Cap as well.
Wasn't that a great decision to let Gutherson go, all those years ago.........

Good points but the issue that often comes up about DCE and now Schuster here is the talk of them running side ways.

Not sure why this is seen as a problem. All good half backs and five eighths do a lot of side ways running. Foran does it, its just that many seem only to be seeing his kamikaze style that almost ended his career. Thurston regularly ran across field. That's how he found gaps and was such a damaging runner. Johns did it regularly. Lyons would not have been anywhere near as clever as he was if he didnt run across field causing the opposition to try to second guess and leaving the clever inside pass for the hovering Menzies. Mark Ella was famous for it and the double shuffle

A half, 5/8 isnt in my mind worth his spot if he doesnt do it because it disorganises the oppositions defense. They're not there just to pass the ball or run straight (that's a forwards job). Straight running is predictable and can be easily countered especially with the smaller players. Its the ability to have the opposition second guess that opens up the gaps. Schuster did it last year because he was a 5/8 playing in the second row. I certainly hope he and DCE do it a lot next year. Long live the unpredictable in the game

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What ever the reason was it was

And that was years ago

No one moves forward by lying with the skeletons of the past feathered friend

View attachment 22117
Certainly agree and was simply stating a fact old feathered buddy.....though I do hope Des does start changing a few things to the modern game a little more, or he will start resembling that skeleton with "same old - same old"
Let's freshen up for 2023 with renewed energy and be open to change that resemble the modern game.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 40 22
15 8 7 64 20
16 9 7 2 20