[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sacking Des is laughable. Who do you have in mind to replace him? Another sh#t prospect like Barrett? Dessy will get this team to the next level when he cleans the deadwood that Zoolander left behind. The injury toll and sh#t depth we have is of great concern and something needs to be done on bringing in 1st grade quality recruits in the future..
That's the point tho... he REFUSES to clear the deadwood despite losing 5 of 7 but that's ok because it is St Des and not that termite Barrett... I could not give a flying fig what Des did 10 years ago if he is making stupid decisions now - and loaning kids instead of playing them in a team that's playing sh*te football is stupid...

I dont believe sacking Des is the answer. He is consistent with his selection policy. In 2005-11 he had a settled team that won grand finals and made finals every other year so you can understand him staying faithful to the guys in that team. This is a different era and a much inferior team.

The thing that sticks out for me is that each team has a 30 man squad to select players from and inspite of our injury riddled season we has so far only used 23 players.

The last 8 weeks since Toms injury and a host of other players hurt has meant that we are stretched with our depth and some players in the team who might have been dropped due to their form are retained instead of trying some new options.

I think this is where Des has missed a trick. I understand he will stick with these guys while we are a chance to make the finals. We are going to know in the next fortnight if we are bound for the finals. If we are clearly not, he MUST use the last 4 games to blood some of the young talent or risk losing them to other clubs!

• 👍
Reactions: Kez
I’m happy with des in the main and do believe he is the man to restore us back to the pointy end of the table.

but I do worry about his ability to move with the times, concede when things aren’t working, accountability within the squad and changing things up.

can anyone tell me honestly that we look like a well coached, well drilled football team this year? We have not put 80 minutes together a single time, and of course injuries have played their part. But a squad should somewhat negate this issue. Every team has injuries and they dont miss the amount of beats we do.

our structure has been diabolical all year and everything we do is slow, clunky and seemingly devoid of tactics.

DES IS ONLY ONE WIN AWAY FROM GREATNESS ONCE AGAIN
AND THAT WIN WILL BE THE GREAT WIN TODAY
CHAMPIONS ALWAYS RISE TO THE OCCASION
KEEP CALM AND ENJOY OUR VICTORY !!!
manly_celebration_190727_ar_242.jpg

Yeah Kevvie .... isn't it really annoying when people choose to see nothing other than the worst side of any situation and bag the living shiite out of a coach .... glad you're not like that ..
Barrett isn’t Manly’s coach... and yeah, it is incredible how people will bag out our most successful coach, and in the same instance, defend Trent Barrett.

Des & the Sea Eagles had a very good year in 2019. If Turbo had not been injured in the penultimate game of the regular season, it is feasible we could have beaten both Souths & Canberra to make the GF. The team was cohesive with Des bringing out the best in every player. Garrick had an exceptional rookie season, scoring 17 tries & 85 goals, and was selected for the PM's team, Junior Kangaroos & Australian Nines. Parker was also selected for the PM's team & Junior Kangaroos. Jack was very good at the backend of the year and was chosen in the Emerging Blues Squad. All this was achieved despite being without Turbo, Dylan & DCE for big chunks of the year. Of course, a major factor in the Sea Eagles' success last year was having the best dummy half duet in the comp!

Things just haven't gone Des's way this year. Who was to know that after releasing Api to free up the salary cap, Fainu would face criminal charges? The 2019 season had barely ended and we were behind the eight ball for 2020 already. (Plus poor old Des had a hip replacement in the off season) Despite not playing that well, we were faring okay till we lost Turbo & Dylan in the 6th match of the season. Since then, we have had two wins in eight games with some heavy losses & some disappointing close losses. It seems the football gods are not smiling on Des. He drops Cust, MoM in the Cowboys game, to bring Dylan back into the team for the Penrith game and Dylan is injured in the first few minutes. He doesn't select Hoppa, allowing him to be loaned to the Warriors, then Elliot is injured early in the Knights game and with no adequate fullback replacement, we lose, probably ending any realistic chance of making the eight. Even if we did make the eight, we don't have the team to win the comp this year.

It is just not our year - time to build for 2021! Hopefully, Des and Sea Eagles management will be soon be viewing the situation in this way.

Yes but rebuilding means also blooding new talent.
Agree - that is what I was implying - should have been more explicit

In numerology, 2020 is a universal 4 year (2 + 0 + 2 + 0) which is regarded as bad luck by the Chinese. Des is also in a personal 4 year (based on his age & birth date). So, the numbers are stacked against us! However, next year is looking much brighter :clap: p.s. I don't take this too seriously

Dont sack Des , we cant join the circus of sacking the coach as soon as things dont go our way , Des is a good coach , now we may not agree on all his calls but hey i think he knows more about it than me, and a lot of others here.
This is not our year , remember we have been operating under salary cap restrictions , massive injury toll and unforeseeable legal cases , most out of his control.
My concern is WHY are we getting so many injury's , is it the new draw ? over worked ? the training ?? . Stay strong and together we will come good ., and finally who the hell would we get to replace him if he did get sacked ???

Ummm... Haumone, Cust, Funa and Keppie are all very young blokes getting a go are they not? Then add Suli, Paseka and Garrick. FMD... how many more young inexperienced players do you sooks want to throw into the side? Fainu would be there as well if not for his shoulder and court issues.

Another poster provided some in depth information earlier today about Hopoate and still the handbag brigade hiss and slap with their farkin whining. The sack Des thread is beyond ridiculous... I’d hate to be forced into going to battle alongside some you “blokes.”
"Handbag brigade".......@:D

I think most are fans of Des, but find his selections hard to understand...
That in a nutshell is definitely how I feel.
Like all the great coaches, he plays his cards very close to his chest. But
Des, just once can you give the faithful a tiny sneak look at one of the cards. Namely the Hoppa card. Then we’ll leave you alone. (well, not all. I think Franks pretty pissed off, and you’ve also got strone33 on your case now. And we all know it was strone33 who got rid of Barrett. @;) ).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6