[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes, in which allows more wiggle room in the cap

I Understand the mechanics of forward/back loading contracts ... and believe they are a legitimate tactic to gain a couple of premiership window years .. as long as you are prepared to pay with the inevitable collapse and a few years in the wilderness ..

IMO this very tactic brought Dessie his success in 2011 .... he tried it again at the doggies, nearly got there, but committed the cardinal sin of not winning a comp, then the descent into the wilderness is a very very painfull journey ...they are just recovering now ..

This time at Manly he hasn't been able to do the same thing, due to a combination of other people involved in the contract talks and rules changes with the NRL ...

His biggest trick play has been nullified ..

I Understand the mechanics of forward/back loading contracts ... and believe they are a legitimate tactic to gain a couple of premiership window years .. as long as you are prepared to pay with the inevitable collapse and a few years in the wilderness ..

IMO this very tactic brought Dessie his success in 2011 .... he tried it again at the doggies, nearly got there, but committed the cardinal sin of not winning a comp, then the descent into the wilderness is a very very painfull journey ...they are just recovering now ..

This time at Manly he hasn't been able to do the same thing, due to a combination of other people involved in the contract talks and rules changes with the NRL ...

His biggest trick play has been nullified ..
Back loading or front loading? I think backloading shouldn't be allowed, like you said it can get clubs into pickles like des did previously. But front loading can be very smart business if done right. I don't think u can get into strife with this method other than perhaps being short quality on the field for x year/s. But then again maybe not.. if we don't have anymore signings for next year. I pray that the club is doing something like this for the following year to make a dent when alot of players are coming off contract. Over the last two years we've officially brought in bullemor, tuilagi and possibly condon. Doesn't make any sense to me

Some may take that as a challenge...
I say

Let us all just be our crazy selves

Because we are all fcking mad in our own weird way :)
See the source image

Todd Peyton unsigned. Sign him up Penn. Pay whatever Watch our players **** themselves , when there's accountability , actual structures, performance standards.

He won't be pushed around by the playing group. He'd bring players as well.

Besides fringe players , who wants to play for Des? Certainly not the ones asking for releases on mass.

Which players are asking for releases on mass? I haven't seen any reports about this.

Jesus, where do I start?

Guess we'll start with our captain who he himself clearly stated yesterday he considered "quitting".

Then there's Marty Taupau's request for a release to join The Eels.

Then there was Taufua's request to go over to the U.K., which was granted.

Those we know about as fact, because there were quotes.

Then there was rumour 3 of the 7 had asked for releases which were refused.

Cade Cust asked for a release and that was granted to go over to the U.K.

You haven't heard any of this ? In my mind mate, that speaks very little for our quality of coach. That's not including Blake Green (was this Barrett tho?), AFB, Brian Kelly releases under his watch.

Jesus, where do I start?

Guess we'll start with our captain who he himself clearly stated yesterday he considered "quitting".

You haven't heard any of this ? In my mind mate, that speaks very little for our quality of coach. That's not including Blake Green (was this Barrett tho?), AFB, Brian Kelly releases under his watch.

I don’t doubt the club has troubles, but this is a gigantic skewing of “facts” in relation to releasing players

Where's the skewing ?
Jesus, where do I start?

Who stated he loves playing for Des, thinks he should be coach as long as he can.
He considered quitting for other reasons not the coach

As part of a deal to a contract for 23 as Manly wasn't offering one of which most fans agreed.

Because as most fan realised he was past nrl first grade wasn't getting a shot and went with everyones blessings.

Which had more to do with club politics than coaching

But not because he didn't want to play for the coach, because he had a few infront of him and wanted more game time.

Skewing of the facts as per above.

Fair enough, maybe you're right @ManEagle , and the playing group IS united, and all pulling in the same direction, and 100% behind the coach (and there's nothing to see here).

I will then say if that's the case, and what we are experiencing is a club united, we are actually in deeper **** than I thought, so which one is it ?

You tell me. Are the players 100% behind Hasler and these results are coming despite that, OR is it a split playing group, and this is the cause of the results ?

I'm not saying everything is rosesy at all, to say so would be a little naive.
There may well be a split in the group, not every team player is a team player but that can be found in most teams, not everyone are best mates and have different personalities.

Just the examples used for releases and suggestion of the coach being the reason is not entirely accurate is it?. Your a smart guy, I think you know it's a stretch using the above examples.

And yes I think its a little deeper sh1t than the coach and players, the football dept, the extremely poor front office turnover, the interim fool and part owner that ruled over the jersey gate, and Penn himself along with the constant white anting and divisions in my opinion are having more of a detrimental impact and cause for concern than simply saying Des has lost support of x players.
DCE even alluded to such as captain, says alot doesn't it ?

I'm not saying everything is rosesy at all, to say so would be a little naive.
There may well be a split in the group, not every team player is a team player but that can be found in most teams, not everyone are best mates and have different personalities.

Just the examples used for releases and suggestion of the coach being the reason is not entirely accurate is it?. Your a smart guy, I think you know it's a stretch using the above examples.

And yes I think its a little deeper sh1t than the coach and players, the football dept, the extremely poor front office turnover, the interim fool and part owner that ruled over the jersey gate, and Penn himself along with the constant white anting and divisions in my opinion are having more of a detrimental impact and cause for concern than simply saying Des has lost support of x players.
DCE even alluded to such as captain, says alot doesn't it ?

ManEagle .. I know that, according to the Latin .. Post hoc ergo procter hoc ... just because b follows a, doesn't mean that a causes b ... but ..

Why does there always . (3 out of 3 at least) . appear to be bitch fighting and power disputes at clubs Dessie coaches at ?

Jesus, where do I start?

C’mon Ryan, this is not up to your usual standard of debate!

‘Players asking for releases en masse’

DCE throwing in his line about ‘I’d be lying if I didn’t think about’ quitting due to questions about his captaincy is hardly a request for a release.
Marty’s request was because he wasn’t getting a Manly offer for 2023 (which I think we all agree is right) and if he could land a future deal by going early then why not ask. This happens often.
Horhay was released early on compassionate grounds (for great service rendered) because he’s no longer up to NRL standard.

While the above are ‘facts’ as you call them, they hardly paint a negative slant on Hasler.

Kelly, Cust and AFB I’ll give you but Cust and Kelly are very borderline.
Even mentioning Blake Green is silly

Fair enough, maybe you're right @ManEagle , and the playing group IS united, and all pulling in the same direction, and 100% behind the coach (and there's nothing to see here).

I will then say if that's the case, and what we are experiencing is a club united, we are actually in deeper **** than I thought, so which one is it ?

You tell me. Are the players 100% behind Hasler and these results are coming despite that, OR is it a split playing group, and this is the cause of the results ?

The results did not come because we didn't have enough good players, either by way of recruitment or, unfortunately, lengthy injuries.

ManEagle .. I know that, according to the Latin .. Post hoc ergo procter hoc ... just because b follows a, doesn't mean that a causes b ... but ..

Why does there always . (3 out of 3 at least) . appear to be bitch fighting and power disputes at clubs Dessie coaches at ?
Not saying it is the complete reason,but you are aware how much infighting,politics,boardroom BS goes on at the dogs?
When you have people who want to be the alpha there is always fireworks,look at Ikin and Walters at the Broncos.
I guess the bigger the cv the more control you can wrest for yourself,and the opposite goes too I guess.
Have no idea why some clubs seem to have smoother sailing.

Lost me at Latin 🤣 no seriously, actually yes.

Lost me at 3 / 3 Hasn't Des only coached at 2 clubs ?
Are not those 2 clubs (at Manly since Penn and the Dogs since Bullfrog passed ) the two most volatile boardroom clubs in the NRL with a history of infighting and white anting to get their way?
Whether Des was there or not.
Small sample size.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6