[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just some facts for the deluded ones wanting Des gone including the ego driven Gronk who owns the club.
2018 under the imposter barrett we can 15th
We almost the same squad we were a disgracefully sun binning away from a prelim final in 2019 under Hasler
2020 with injuries setting in after covid we struggled.
2021 Top 4 and Prelim final
2022 despite losing tom early. We were bottom 8 bound before being hit by covid against the dragons and then the jersey saga. Despite a plethora of injuries.

It's clear management and Penn are using des as the scape. Why there needs to be an immediate success plan is beyond me Des is 61 not 71.

He is by far better credentialed to coach our club than any of the cookie cutter assistants mentioned. If he was to leave the only bloke worthy of replacing him, our pigged headed owner won't touch because he's managed by beavis (flanno).

Hey Scott don't blame Beavis for the Barrett debacle blame your board and football dept who dogged one of the toughest blokes to play and coach this club and chose to replace him with that imposter.

I will call it now if des is left alone with the team during the pre season and next year we will make the prelims at worst.

Every time des is doubted the old master proves everyone wrong.

Penns treatment of des reeks of sour grapes from 2011 maybe if he had of upgraded Des in 2010 the dogs move would never of happened.

My other prediction if we start strong what the Knights, Dragons and Broncos come sniffing for Des.

Last edited:
Just some facts for the deluded ones wanting Des gone including the ego driven Gronk who owns the club.
2018 under the imposter barrett we can 15th
We almost the same squad we were a disgracefully sun binning away from a prelim final in 2019 under Hasler
2020 with injuries setting in after covid we struggled.
2021 Top 4 and Prelim final
2022 despite losing tom early. We were bottom 8 bound before being hit by covid against the dragons and then the jersey saga. Despite a plethora of injuries.

It's clear management and Penn are using des as the scape. Why there needs to be an immediate success plan is beyond me Des is 61 not 71.

He is by far better credentialed to coach our club than any of the cookie cutter assistants mentioned. If he was to leave the only bloke worthy of replacing him, our pigged headed owner won't touch because he's managed by beavis (flanno).

Hey Scott don't blame Beavis for the Barrett debacle blame your board and football dept who dogged one of the toughest blokes to play and coach this club and chose to replace him with that imposter.

I will call it now if des is left alone with the team during the pre season and next year we will make the prelims at worst.

Every time des is doubted the old master proves everyone wrong.

Penns treatment of des reeks of sour grapes from 2011 maybe if he had of upgraded Des in 2010 the dogs move would never of happened.

My other prediction if we start strong what the Knights, Dragons and Broncos come sniffing for Des.
Exactly. Who else will we get. There are five clubs looking for a coach. Just madness. Extend him today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. Who else will we get. There are five clubs looking for a coach. Just madness. Extend him today.

So we extend Des today - we come out and lose 3 straight (making the losing streak 10 on the trot - 8 being our worst ever to date so far), what then? Just keep it all going, status quo? The same useless attacking and defensive holes and deficiencies we've seen. The same fractured group & issues with management?

And with a below average roster less Walker, Taupau, Davey, Foran and some depth?

For what? Consistency? There is something pretty consistent about our club, and that's an inability to beat a top 4 (and now top 8) team. So what's your theory or reason for so adamantly wanting Des to not only remain, but be extended?

Is it lack of alternatives? Is that people's reason for keeping a failing coach who can't galvanise a playing group, and who seems to have issues each term with his clubs management?

I'm honestly dumbfounded by people relying on decade old glories, and can't comprehend how / why people don't want change, when it is clear as day, our club isn't competitive any longer? Want to know a crazy stat? Ready for this? The Bulldogs this last season had a better defensive record than us.

I just don't get it. And it's so frustrating. Do we as a fanbase suffer from Stokholm Syndrome or something?

So we extend Des today - we come out and lose 3 straight (making the losing streak 10 on the trot - 8 being our worst ever to date so far), what then? Just keep it all going, status quo? The same useless attacking and defensive holes and deficiencies we've seen. The same fractured group & issues with management?

And with a below average roster less Walker, Taupau, Davey, Foran and some depth?

For what? Consistency? There is something pretty consistent about our club, and that's an inability to beat a top 4 (and now top 8) team. So what's your theory or reason for so adamantly wanting Des to not only remain, but be extended?

Is it lack of alternatives? Is that people's reason for keeping a failing coach who can't galvanise a playing group, and who seems to have issues each term with his clubs management?

I'm honestly dumbfounded by people relying on decade old glories, and can't comprehend how / why people don't want change, when it is clear as day, our club isn't competitive any longer? Want to know a crazy stat? Ready for this? The Bulldogs this last season had a better defensive record than us.

I just don't get it. And it's so frustrating. Do we as a fanbase suffer from Stokholm Syndrome or something?
'Stockholm' They are a funny mob Swedes, they usually leave a letter or 2 out of words, but in the case of the capital of Sweden they didn't. I worked for a Swedish company for about 8 years and they are very easily wound up.

Does it matter if we lose the first 3 as long as we end in the top 6. Let me remind you under des we have been 0-4 twice and finished 5th and 4th in 2009 and 2022 respectively. Extending him now he is right man Ryan

Lost me at Latin 🤣 no seriously, actually yes.

Lost me at 3 / 3 Hasn't Des only coached at 2 clubs ?
Are not those 2 clubs (at Manly since Penn and the Dogs since Bullfrog passed ) the two most volatile boardroom clubs in the NRL with a history of infighting and white anting to get their way?
Whether Des was there or not.
Small sample size.

Manly twice .. Doggies once = 3 .. and the sample size may be small .. but it represents 100% of Dessie's track record of playing nice with others .. the 1st two ended in acrimony, and the third is history repeating itself ...

yawn.......................

yawn? It's so pertinent to the health and well being of a club, I'm starting to wonder if you actually WANT us to turn this ship around and head in the right direction now? You ever hear Trent Robinson & Nick Politis going head to head? Mate, you have to get it together - there are obvious flaws through our club, ignoring them will lead to us becoming extinct.

yawn? It's so pertinent to the health and well being of a club, I'm starting to wonder if you actually WANT us to turn this ship around and head in the right direction now? You ever hear Trent Robinson & Nick Politis going head to head? Mate, you have to get it together - there are obvious flaws through our club, ignoring them will lead to us becoming extinct.

Shush ... that was the most sensible thing he has said yet ..

Manly twice .. Doggies once = 3 .. and the sample size may be small .. but it represents 100% of Dessie's track record of playing nice with others .. the 1st two ended in acrimony, and the third is history repeating itself ...
Well 3 x a coach but only two clubs. Both known cesspits in the head office.
Which in a tangent....Oh imagine if we had a 3x a coach, would be 3 x the sheet or 3 x the glory 🤔

There is no point sacking someone without having someone BETTER to replace them…. Just look at the bulldogs past coaches as an example.

Just sayin’

There is no point sacking someone without having someone BETTER to replace them…. Just look at the bulldogs past coaches as an example.

Just sayin’
Todd Peyton is unsigned. Anthony Siebold is looking for a role. There are ssssooo many other coaches available mate. Ones who understand the modern game. Understand how to motivate millennials. Understand how to not allow the players to rule the roost. There's probably 2-3 teams with unstable broken rosters. We are one.

We need to get with the times. Des prehistoric coaching , strategies , man management , customer focus is a thing of days past.

Until we get someone who can think ahead if the opposition, be innovative, fresh, most importantly - adaptable, we'll stagnate like we have (with a rare ocassional okay year, despite not being able to beat the good teams.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6