[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does anyone know if we don't spend to our salary cap next year can we spend more the next year? ie salary cap plus what we haven't spent the year before?

Could the reason be we are holding back for next year to get other marque player late next year for 2024. Don't know?
You can front load players contracts.. so in turn yes you would have more to spend the following year

This thread is a journey every time I open it

If you find bozo / anyone’s posts a bit spammy another option is to report the post
ellen pompeo GIF by Red Table Talk

I find semi final threads of here where some on here discuss other finals teams journey to this years
Grand final boring

just like some on here find my Manly posts boring .

It is what it is . We accept who we all are and move on to another post

You're never boring Bozo. Just a touch partial...I think... but maybe I'm wrong

NRL 2022: Manly’s $3 million worth of talent tied to Des Hasler’s contract | Locker Room​

Manly’s stability as a club has turned to the playing group where 15 of the club’s 30-man roster are either without a contract or will be available for purchase by rival clubs from November 1.

by David Riccio

The future of half of Manly’s NRL squad remains in jeopardy until Des Hasler’s future is sorted out.
Manly’s stability as a club, seemingly built on a bedrock of jelly, has turned to the playing group, where 15 of the club’s 30-man roster are either without a contract or will be available for purchase by rival clubs from November 1.

Granted, the almost $3 million in combined talent aren’t who fans would recognise as Manly’s superstars.

But you can’t build a roster with 17 Tom Trbojevics.

The fact that the large majority of the 15 are at similar stages of their career, still learning and developing as NRL players, makes the contract uncertainty even more pressing.

Unlike a marquee player, who has cemented his spot within a team, the Manly 15 are proving their way, mainly on the opinion of their coach.

Taking a step away from the players momentarily, Hasler has been working on his succession plan which will see an understudy come in before taking over in 2024 or 2025.

Manly fans can rule a line through Billy Slater or Jason Ryles joining the club. Neither are interested.

As for the 15 players in limbo, Hasler will have the final say on whether Toafofoa Sipley, Lachlan Croker, Brad Parker, Reuben Garrick and Morgan Harper – to name just five players who are free to sign with a rival club from November 1 – are extended beyond 2023.

Manly management aren’t willing to commit to Hasler beyond next season.

That is, at least publicly.

Privately, that was what Hasler is certain he discussed around a boardroom table with Manly CEO Tony Mestrov and chairman Scott Penn, just over a week ago. Yet from the meeting, the group emerged with more space between them than Manly’s defensive line this year.

Recruitment managers will tell anyone willing to listen that one of the first questions a player asks during the process of contract renewal is who the coach will be?

Manly can’t give any of their players that answer, nor any potential recruitment targets.

Unlike at South Sydney, where they will extend Jason Demetriou’s contract until 2024, Manly have no clear plan to future-proof their squad beyond next May.

It’s the same short sightedness that brought Wests Tigers to their knees this season and the same path St George-Illawarra is heading down.

Manly officials claim they won’t be rushed into making a call on Hasler beyond 2023, seemingly content to play with the heat of the spotlight on them and the coach for the opening six rounds of the season.

History shows it’s anything but a winning formula.
So the story says Hasler is working on a succession plan for possibly 2024 (or 2025) but then also implies Hasler thought from the meeting he would be getting an extension. Doesn't make sense. Why would he be training someone for his job in 2024 if he thought he was going to still be head coach? Wish the club would make a statement to stop all this scuttlebutt.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8