[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Yeah, doesn't sound like anything is settled and that the Meeting of Great Minds (Penn, Mestrov and Mimis) achieved precisely **** all.

It's a mess, and likely to remain so until one side or the other blinks: Des walks or Penn pays Des to walk. Neither seems particularly likely, so we'll presumably be stuck with the bitterness and dysfunction that worked so well for us this year.

I feel for Mestrov, he is in a 12 round Heavyweight title fight against the Champ Dessie .... and Penn the Penny Pinching poxed purple pointed prick, has tied his hands behind his back ... and rendered him impotent ..

Without the option of sacking Des and paying him out ... all Mestrov can do is look on in forlorn hopelessness ... all he can do is make himself a nuisance and hope, reduce the petty cash, cut back on the do-nuts, remove the office chairs and just hope Dessie quits ...

What a gig for the new CEO

I feel for Mestrov, he is in a 12 round Heavyweight title fight against the Champ Dessie .... and Penn the Penny Pinching poxed purple pointed prick, has tied his hands behind his back ... and rendered him impotent ..

Without the option of sacking Des and paying him out ... all Mestrov can do is look on in forlorn hopelessness ... all he can do is make himself a nuisance and hope, reduce the petty cash, cut back on the do-nuts, remove the office chairs and just hope Dessie quits ...

I agree 100% Woodsie. I reckon the Bears will be sitting back hoping we fall apart. They would be loving this

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The common sense compromise perspective

It does not have to become like this and Club harmony does not have to break

All parties must put their ego aside and do what is best for the club and be wise and compromise as it is better to bend a little than break up completely

The moral of the story
Let us drop our egos and stop the blaming game and start working together like the professionals that we are
When we work together we can work ouy how to work around our differences
Our differences may matter but our common goal which is the success of Legendary club should matter most
I hope all parties have the character and the courage to achieve this

tookey

First Grader

Agree

The Manly CEO position is something that people would take in between real jobs as it is almost impossible to last more than 12 months

Penn should just make himself/owner/CEO/coach/recruitment officer and sack himself

Eagle 1

First Grader
The pre season starts Oct 3, and the focus will shift to how well Tom and Schuster are going in the build up to 23. And with a couple of trial wins in Feb the place will be buoyant once more for the season ahead. Just another minor speed bump for Des to navigate through in what should be an improved year going forward.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In Des we Trust Lol...
1662861413650.png

So was this one a hoax? Or something the club posted but quickly withdrew?

Ryan

Journey Man
What? I'm confused - have we gone in a time warp? I honestly thought all this was settled and I'd made peace with Des being here until the end of 2024? I also thought Randall and Monaghan had left, and we were going to sit idle, as the succession is Jason Ryles, who's contracted at The Chooks until 2024, when he'll step in with Des as a coaching director, when Ryles contract finishes in 2024?

So many conflicting stories, but as @Woodsie wisely pointed out, I suspect that rubber necking is due to one Scott Penn not wanting to pay a proper payout of $800-$900k like the bosses at Chelsea recently did with Tuchel (who got paid 10 million pounds as a payout by the new owners), to stop the rot before the infighting took over, and they embraced a fresh, no nonsense re-start.

What's going on at Manly? Members & fans want to know. As I'm sure the staff involved do. Sad times for us. Penn should make us look professional this time around. Des wouldn't complain if he got a full payout - and I'm sure Mestrov would make the tough decision if given the authority a CEO SHOULD have.

XV-1

First Grader
I believe Mestrov is replacing Randall as defensive coach.

Scott Fulton will be attacking coach

Kristie Fulton will be in charge of fitness and aerobics.

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Surely a clear concise statement from Manly would put all this speculation to bed, unless like us they don't really know what's going to happen next year either. Troubling times if thats the case.

Ryan

Journey Man
Very challenging times for the club with the media baying for blood. It certainly does not appear it’s going to be a boring off season. Even if it is…..the media will have people thinking otherwise. Well I guess its a good opportunity for Des to invoke the old siege mentality us against them and come out firing next year. I know there are some on here who want to see the back of Des ASAP and they are of course entitled to this opinion. I doubt there is any who would want us to fail next year so they can claim bragging rights…..

Hell no, I completely agree mate. I'd rather be wrong a gazillion times over, and look foolish just as many times - if it meant we were competitive & the ship was sailing in the right direction (with everyone on board).

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
All these people calling for Haslers head based on the last 7 weeks. Have clearly forgotten they way we ended 2020 and came back last year. If the des and the team a left alone. We are top 6
Minimum next year. I'm scared that our owner who really couldn't organise a root in a brothel will let his ego get in the way.

XV-1

First Grader
All these people calling for Haslers head based on the last 7 weeks. Have clearly forgotten they way we ended 2020 and came back last year. If the des and the team a left alone. We are top 6
Minimum next year. I'm scared that our owner who really couldn't organise a root in a brothel will let his ego get in the way.

Bring back Eddy Hayson 🤣

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly face the prospect of being without any coaches in the next few weeks with Des Hasler and his assistants, Chad Randall and Michael Monaghan, all poised to leave the club.

This column revealed a week ago that Hasler’s employment is becoming untenable, even more so after a lack of appetite from his bosses to provide a stable work environment. Hasler doesn’t want to work in uncertain surroundings where there is little or no enjoyment.

Paul Gallen has defended Des Hasler amid his side's alarming tumble, saying the Manly coach should not wear the blame for the fallout of the pride jersey drama.
It is becoming apparent that Hasler and new Sea Eagles chief executive Tony Mestrov will not be able to work with each other. And with Randall on his way to the Bulldogs and Monaghan looking to leave, it will be a clean slate at Manly unless there is a big shift.
That’s the very real scenario facing the club after a disastrous fallout from an hour-long meeting between Hasler, his agent George Mimis, Manly owner Scott Penn and Mestrov in North Sydney on Thursday. It was originally painted as a constructive meeting, but no sooner had it been reported that Manly wanted Hasler to coach on until 2024, with a succession plan to follow, it was back to square one as the club immediately backtracked.

In fact, as owner Penn boarded a flight on Friday to travel to his New York home, the parties were even further apart. Manly are not budging on Hasler for 2024, which means he goes into next year as a coach without a future – if he stays.
The weekly speculation will be relentless if he accepts a one-year contract, and the media scrutiny of Manly’s inclusivity jersey disaster will continue into 2023.

Mestrov is fresh off the greyhound track, where he was a hero for saving the sport. He wears that as a badge of honour, but must understand if he is to work with Hasler there can only be one high-flying Eagle – and it’s not the CEO.
Mestrov is learning quickly he is now in the big league – dealing with governments and Peter V’landys in the racing industry is a snack compared to running strife-torn Manly. The odd thing is, in the hours after Manly’s presentation night on Monday, there was a real love for Hasler from officials. Maybe it was the sponsor’s drop talking.

Hasler won’t hang about if he’s not convinced about the direction of the club, and isn’t convinced his players can thrive. He is 61, a two-time premiership winner who has coached 458 games. He doesn’t need 100-hour weeks if it’s not enjoyable.
If Hasler does go – and it’s a real chance – it will create huge uncertainty in an already edgy playing group. Some players will want to jump ship, and all of a sudden the club is facing a lengthy rebuilding process under a new coach with an owner looking to cash in on his investment. They could be tipped into a five-year rebuild phase.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
14 8 6 60 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18