[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mals

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Funnily enough I know very little about EPL except that Liverpool were my Dad's favourite team and so they're mine and yet, his favourite NRL team was Parra and I always want them to lose. I still feel bad about deathriding them every time they play, more than 20 years after his death. Not enough to be able to stop myself though!
Well at least for your Dad he had the ‘80s glory years for both Pool & Parra.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
2022 COVID type empathy example right here. Guess this is society today nowadays. Hope that made you feel better @robbiea , and when you brush your hair and you're looking in the mirror you can smile back at yourself and think, jeez I really kicked someone good n hard when they were down today. Pat's on my back.

Good for you , mate
Well according to him ,he was already gone.
So probably didnt read it anyway.
And no ,I dont feel empathy for poor me ,poor me type whiners.
And dont start on me about the way I treat people.
No one else on this forum has been involved in bitch fights & name calling as much as you over the years.So calm down big fella.
Moaning ,Fair weather fans ,sh1t me too tears ,so again .Good riddance.
I have also seen a few posts from you threatening to quit.
I wouldnt expect anything less from a former Bears Supporter come second choice Manly supporter.

Last edited:

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Mate ... Des is still there for one reason, and one reason only ... Penn is too tight fisted, to pay him $800,000 to walk away ...

Not one of the club's issues has been resolved or relieved by this piss weak outcome ...

My tin foil hat is telling me to watch this space ... they are further apart than ever ... and shiite will continue to bubble below the surface ...

Penn and Mestrov have made themselves look like two useless old dogs sent to go sit on the porch and lick their own balls ... Neither will relish that role and both will be plotting ...
I completely disagree. In my opinion Des is there because Penn knows he is the best coach he can find that is willing and able to coach Manly at this present time… At the end of the day neither of us really know!!!…..regardless of mystical tin foil hats or magic red pills….. we are just speculating…

Last edited:

Ryan

Journey Man
Well according to him ,he was already gone.
So probably didnt read it anyway.
And no ,I dont feel empathy for poor me ,poor me type whiners.
And dont start on me about the way I treat people.
No one else on this forum has been involved in bitch fights & name calling as much as you over the years.So calm down big fella.
Moaning ,Fair weather fans ,sh1t me too tears ,so again .Good riddance.
I have also seen a few posts from you threatening to quit.
I wouldnt expect anything less from a former Bears Supporter come second choice Manly supporter.

Like I say, if you want to kick people when they are down (and as you can see in this post you've just created showing no empathy, or care for other people), that says more about you than me, despite you trying to make it personal. Unfortunately, your type of posts epitomizes the millennial mindset of not caring about anyone, but yourself - unwilling to try and consider WHY a person feels or acts the way they do.

Anyways, @Koko22 , like I said before mate, I'm sorry you feel that way, and we are all feeling the pain atm. Hang tough mate, because like I've said before, these crappy times make the good times so much sweeter.

Same goes for everyone - we are all in this together - let's not cannibalize each other like robbiea is trying to do here. Let's use this forum to vent, debate, discuss stuff - remember we all want the same thing.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Like I say, if you want to kick people when they are down (and as you can see in this post you've just created showing no empathy, or care for other people), that says more about you than me, despite you trying to make it personal. Unfortunately, your type of posts epitomizes the millennial mindset of not caring about anyone, but yourself - unwilling to try and consider WHY a person feels or acts the way they do.

Anyways, @Koko22 , like I said before mate, I'm sorry you feel that way, and we are all feeling the pain atm. Hang tough mate, because like I've said before, these crappy times make the good times so much sweeter.

Same goes for everyone - we are all in this together - let's not cannibalize each other like robbiea is trying to do here. Let's use this forum to vent, debate, discuss stuff - remember we all want the same thing.
Hey Ryan , You are a very passionate and emotional guy that loves Manly and you mean well and you want the club to be successful which is a great thing

So stick to what you do best and try and avoid in getting personal with posters and taking things to heart that hurt you .

Dont take things to heart and you wont get upset

Stick to footy issues and enjoy the forum feathered friend

And Go Manly 2023 !

Ryan

Journey Man
Hey Ryan , You are a very passionate and emotional guy that loves Manly and you mean well and you want the club to be successful which is a great thing

So stick to what you do best and try and avoid in getting personal with posters and taking things to heart that hurt you .

Dont take things to heart and you wont get upset

Stick to footy issues and enjoy the forum feathered friend

And Go Manly 2023 !

Sorry @BOZO , I'll always defend passionate fans who are upset and disappointed from those telling them to basically piss off from the club. @Koko22 has every right to vent and be upset how he chooses without numbnuts telling him to wrack off.

In fact, I'm disappointed you wrote a response to me, rather than the perpetrator. Never thought you'd align with bullies, but whatever.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I completely disagree. In my opinion Des is there because Penn knows he is the best coach he can find that is willing and able to coach Manly at this present time… At the end of the day neither of us really know!!!…..regardless of mystical tin foil hats or magic red pills….. we are just speculating…

Yeah, nah ... he's still there because Penn won't pay him $800,000 to go away ..

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I sorry to say for many , I’m not leaving.

Regardless of wether we run first or last I’ll support the club until I die!

This of course is a fair hiccup , and it’s far from fun , but eventually things will turn around.
Hey @Mark from Brisbane - so this arvo I baked my wife a bday cake and I'm feeling very satisfied with myself. But while I was doing this I was reflecting on, what might seem a simple post of yours, but it struck a chord. Like a lot of people on this forum, I've been following this bloody club for a very long time. And I was thinking about the people that have been saying that they are so p$ssed off they've had enough etc etc. And I have no desire to say anything negative about anyone that feels that way. Each to their own, I say. It's not why I finally decided to put fingers to keyboard instead of reading from a far. It is your comment about supporting the club until you die that made me want to write something about why I feel the same way.

And a warning, this will be somewhat schmaltzy!

I often think that in the grand scheme of things, getting so angry, frustrated and/or ecstatic (I hope those days come back soon) about footy is really pretty silly and irrational. But in my tiny brain, it's also very serious. From the moment I made the decision as a 7 yr old Westie (or houso, I guess they're called now) in 1968 to hitch my wagon to the Sea Eagles, it just became part of me. I'm sure this is what happens to most supporters. Of course, my dear old mum was shattered given she was a Wests supporter and couldn't believe I was supporting Manly.

And it's the memories of those hard yards you do as a kid to go and watch them play - gettting endless busses and red rattlers in the 60's and 70's, that stay with you. That's the investment you make and it just becomes part of you. And you end up talking about blokes like Batty and Hamilton and Jones like they're your best mates. It's really pretty funny when you think about it. And you do things like playing imaginary footy games with your stand up chewy cards on your desk in your room instead of doing home work (which probably explains alot). Remarkably, we never lost!

And I remember the 1st time I actually got to see a game at Brookie. It was a long way from Fairfield! I had to add a ferry to THAT trip. You don't forget the buzz you feel when you walk into the ground and you see all these people wearing Manly colours and you think, Wow, there's so many of them! This is where I belong.

It's very hard to shake that off. And now as an old fart member, I still feel that buzz I had as a kid when I first walked up to the Brookie turnstile. Does it wear off during the crap games? Absolutely. But then I still return for the next home game and the buzz remains. If that buzz ever goes, I'll either be dead or you know, I've lost my marbles and I've gone to the wrong ground!

Go Manly!

Last edited:

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Yeah, nah ... he's still there because Penn won't pay him $800,000 to go away ..
1662710253807.png

Hey @Mark from Brisbane - so this arvo I baked my wife a bday cake and I'm feeling very satisfied with myself. But while I was doing this I was reflecting on, what might seem a simple post of yours, but it struck a chord. Like a lot of people on this forum, I've been following this bloody club for a very long time. And I was thinking about the people that have been saying that they are so p$ssed off they've had enough etc etc. And I have no desire to say anything negative about anyone that feels that way. Each to their own, I say. It's not why I finally decided to put fingers to keyboard instead of reading from a far. It is your comment about supporting the club until you die that made me to write something about why I feel the same way.

I often think that in the grand scheme of things, getting so angry, frustrated and/or ecstatic (I hope those days come back soon) about footy is really pretty silly and irrational. But in my tiny brain, it's also very serious. From the moment I made the decision as a 7 yr old Westie (or houso, I guess they're called now) in 1968 to hitch my wagon to the Sea Eagles, it just became part of me. I'm sure this is what happens to most supporters. Of course, my dear old mum was shattered given she was a Wests supporter and couldn't believe I was supporting Manly.

And it's the memories of those hard yards you do as a kid to go and watch them play - gettting endless busses and red rattlers in the 60's and 70's, that stay with you. That's the investment you make and it just becomes part of you. And you end up talking about blokes like Batty and Hamilton and Jones like they're your best mates. It's really pretty funny when you think about it. And you do things like playing imaginary footy games with your stand up chewy cards on your desk in your room instead of doing home work (which probably explains alot). Remarkably, we never lost!

And I remember the 1st time I actually got to see a game at Brookie. It was a long way from Fairfield! I had to add a ferry to THAT trip. You don't forget the buzz you feel when you walk into the ground and you see all these people wearing Manly colours and you think, Wow, there's so many of them! This is where I belong.

It's very hard to shake that off. And now as an old fart member, I still feel that buzz I had as a kid when I first walked up to the Brookie turnstile. Does it wear off during the crap games? Absolutely. But then I still return for the next home game and the buzz remains. If that buzz ever goes, I'll either be dead or you know, I've lost my marbles and I've gone to wrong ground!

Go Manly!
Great post mate. I can relate to a lot of things you put down. One Team,One dream. Manly4life

Mals

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hey @Mark from Brisbane - so this arvo I baked my wife a bday cake and I'm feeling very satisfied with myself. But while I was doing this I was reflecting on, what might seem a simple post of yours, but it struck a chord. Like a lot of people on this forum, I've been following this bloody club for a very long time. And I was thinking about the people that have been saying that they are so p$ssed off they've had enough etc etc. And I have no desire to say anything negative about anyone that feels that way. Each to their own, I say. It's not why I finally decided to put fingers to keyboard instead of reading from a far. It is your comment about supporting the club until you die that made me want to write something about why I feel the same way.

It's very hard to shake that off. And now as an old fart member, I still feel that buzz I had as a kid when I first walked up to the Brookie turnstile. Does it wear off during the crap games? Absolutely. But then I still return for the next home game and the buzz remains. If that buzz ever goes, I'll either be dead or you know, I've lost my marbles and I've gone to wrong ground!

Go Manly!
Beautifully written, brings a tear to the eye… maybe I’m just getting old and sentimental… I started going to Brookie in the early ‘80s and just loved Mr Excitement machine Phil Blake… practised the chip over the top in the backyard… ahhhh memories :)

Ryan

Journey Man

It's very hard to shake that off. And now as an old fart member, I still feel that buzz I had as a kid when I first walked up to the Brookie turnstile. Does it wear off during the crap games? Absolutely. But then I still return for the next home game and the buzz remains. If that buzz ever goes, I'll either be dead or you know, I've lost my marbles and I've gone to the wrong ground!

Go Manly!

OUT-STANDING !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16