[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Rightly or wrongly, I think it's only a matter of time until Des is gone. If they had a genuine option to replace him, I suspect he'd already be shown the door. Let's remember this is virtually the same administration that sanctioned the now infamous "rainbow jersey" without informing either our coach or players. Judging from that unmitigated disaster, arranging another coach is plainly well beyond their organisational capacity at present. Over to you Mr. Mestrov our new CEO ... oh and Mr. Penn too. Oh for the halycon days of the great man Arko when other clubs envied us!

Th
Who is comparing manly to chelsea?? From my point of view it was just chat between two chelsea supporters.
Then start a Chelsea thread perhaps. It was 100% in relation to Des and to support their or your desire to sack the coach. Chelsea spent 20 years of our salary cap in 2 months to add to a playing squad worth in excess of 500million dollars. Their manager was sacked after 7 games because there are other options to bring in.

We didn't have that luxury. Hence Des remains.

Well we better start next season strongly then. If Des has the backing of the players then there’s no excuse to dish out the awful performances we saw at the end of this season.

Just praying we don’t lose any more young guns because he doesn’t give them a proper chance. Surely there is someone in the club that will be keeping him accountable going forward, because if he keeps up what he was doing this year we are in deep ****
Who did we lose ?

Well Des got an extension I have emailed Mestrov telling him he lost a 35 year supporter today I can never support the club again after this farce.

How can Des get an extension what has he done to achieve it? nothing the club deserves all it gets next season.

DCE and Des in 2024 yep that's future planning at the club. Been a great ride as a supporter but sometimes you just need to step back
One bonus I can cancel fox.

Cheers guys been fun being on the forum also I wish you all well..
Good bye ,don't let the door hit your arse on the way out .
Good and bad ,thick and thin.
Always Manly.
Forever.

Last edited:
Th

Then start a Chelsea thread perhaps. It was 100% in relation to Des and to support their or your desire to sack the coach. Chelsea spent 20 years of our salary cap in 2 months to add to a playing squad worth in excess of 500million dollars. Their manager was sacked after 7 games because there are other options to bring in.

We didn't have that luxury. Hence Des remains.
Nah mate I'm good . And my comments had nothing to do with in relation to des or manly. That is 100 percent. I have also never said to get rid of des. So again your judgement seems to be way off. R u feeling okay?

Nah mate I'm good . And my comments had nothing to do with in relation to des or manly. That is 100 percent. I have also never said to get rid of des. So again your judgement seems to be way off. R u feeling okay?
He in mourning.

Smart decision if true. Des is the best coach for Manly at the present time.
Des is the best coach for Manly when he is at his best

2022 was one of his worst. 2022 was very poor and our team reflected this . No excuses !

Lets hope 2023 improves

Firstly can't believe some here are even trying to compare Manly to Chelsea.

Chelsea spent 200million pounds in one transfer window over the off season. Tuchel won the champions league less than 3 months ago and was sacked after 7 games this season.

In football there are probably 10 or 15 coaches that could come in to replace him that have won big honours and have form on the board.

We spend little or no money. Are a basket case. And the best bit.....

We finished 11th..... yep not last or even second last. 11th and the amount of knicker twisting around here is astounding.
No Tuchel won the Champs League in May 2021. As a Chelsea fan I listen to a lot of Chelsea content and the word on his sacking is that the new owners felt they couldn’t work with him in a collaborative manner. Also they had done statistical analysis on the football results since the start of 2022 and it was on a downward slide e.g. goals conceded, goals scores, xG etc. They have just appointed Graham Potter 2 days after sacking Tuchel so this has been in the pipeline for some time.

@Koko22

sorry but it’s just absurd for you to message mestrov and ‘denounce’ your 35-year long support for the club. He’ll probably read it as such and know that you can’t please everyone. First of all, you don’t know Des. Second of all, you don’t know the parties that may have influenced dce’s re-signing (or the price), third of all, we were set for a top 5-8 finish and as Gus said there’s no reason to blame Des, who he described a premier coach, and replace him with one of the average ones floating around on all the bottom teams’ coaching hit lists.

Woo let’s sign Michael Maguire. Or hook? How about Niel Henry… If we go down this path we might as well re-sign Trent ****ing Barrett

Seems I missed some footbal chat.

Sacking Tuchel is disgraceful IMO but I'd expect nothing more from that stain of a club.

Do like Potter though

Probably more interest in the supporting role staff or any possible changes there . Playing Harper before he was ready during his covid recovery was hardly a good call and not sure who recommended that but also some other questionable calls on player fitness game readiness for a while now also . Some mention that this Hayles is well regarded in the playing group but who ever is responsible for the defensive preparation , even with a depleted squad , , should have their position or positions seriously looked at . Really need a high energy, mobile type packs these days and don "t really seem to have that to a sufficient level with the current Manly pack overall .Still don 't mind the addition of Tuilagi , be good if Bullemor and Burbo can just get that bit more of an aggressive edge to their games . if the coach or supporting staff can not address this requirement , again just is going to continue some deficiency . Can 't see anything wrong with an incentive arrangement for Des , should be an experienced and pragmatic enough operator to modify or tweak a few things . if not , doubt if he will last too long into next season and especially or naturally if on field results and playing levels can not improve to some better outcome ,

No Tuchel won the Champs League in May 2021. As a Chelsea fan I listen to a lot of Chelsea content and the word on his sacking is that the new owners felt they couldn’t work with him in a collaborative manner. Also they had done statistical analysis on the football results since the start of 2022 and it was on a downward slide e.g. goals conceded, goals scores, xG etc. They have just appointed Graham Potter 2 days after sacking Tuchel so this has been in the pipeline for some time.
Can you lot start your own bloody Chelsea thread? You're not only discussing another team but another team in another sport in another league on the other side of the world.
Boys boys boys!

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10