Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
Over the last few months, I have seen the groundswell of opinion asking for the removal of TB as head coach. Up until recently, I have been on the side of retaining him.

My fear is that TB does not have the total respect of the playing group and the debacle of Gladstone highlights the total indiscipline that has gripped the team ever since.

I have much sympathy over the chronic injury toll that he has been forced to deal with, any coach would struggle with this.

The fans, as a rule, will cop defeats as long as they see effort and desire, Right now the leaders in our team are NOT showing that outside a few players and its really hurting the team.

My biggest criticism of TB is that he and club stated recently that they have already made decisions about players they are going to cut for next season. With that in mind and the obvious reality that we are a cats chance in hell to make the 8 and that we have 10 games left, surely he has to blood some of the younger players and give them a chance to learn and develop, in recent times he has shown his reluctance to bring in new kids other that Suli. We have a few players who deserve a chance, Anderson, Tom Wright to name a few.

If TB carries on with the same old same old and denies these kids their chance, they will move on cause playing at Blacktown is not helping our cause.

The next ten games will be telling for Barrett, If we see no improvement his position will be untenable if he is brave and brings in new blood he has every chance of surviving.

He is on notice as is DCE and our team!!

At years end.
Who we going to replace him with at this stage of the year?
Who's out there for next year??
But whatever he's done.
This team has no idea, no structure, no desire.
I didn't mention Des or Tooves because they won't be there while the Penn's are in charge.
The only way Toovey would be back is some major arse kissing from Penn . Tooves being a tough nut would probably decline anyway. We need a coach from within , Menzies, Lyons maybe .

I never said Manly have an average roster, Manly have a very good roster in the top 17 and should be doing much better.

Depth beyond that not so much, stability in the halves and outside backs has not been great this year also.

I get what you are saying but you don't always have a great year in line with expectations, great rosters with great coaches who have performed badly happens all the time.
No I'm not saying you said anything about us having a poor roster TC, that's my comparison only.
Because as you say, our top one is good.
I would expect that being his 3rd year he would have developed some form of depth though.
At least to the point where, players come in who know our style, but to me we just don't have one.
Under him we have gone backwards.

We need to get rid of Barrett and Cherry Evans as soon as possible as both are ****** on this club Take the Penns and Peters with then as well and start afresh otherwise we disappear

Barrett was warned by the Stewart brothers to get out of manly as Cherry Evans was destroying the club

Also heard this week that the chinese owners of the leagues club building are going to double the leagues club rent

We are being attacked on all sides and I doubt we will survive if thinks continue as they are at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
On paper & at full strength we have a team easily capable of a top 4 finish! At times we have shown how well we can play & have belted teams considered far better than us, yet we have lost to teams far worse than us! Not sure what is going on to be honest. There were stages last year where we were close to a top 2 position then suddenly the wheels fell off & we struggled. We are either hot or freezing cold. Injuries don't help, however we're not the only team suffering. The boardroom brawling has hampered us for many years & on top of that we have to deal with this salary cap & Hastings fiasco. Still not an excuse really.......for mine I've tentatively voted to get rid of Barrett. It's getting to the stage where he's had enough time & it's his team selection decisions that rile me the most. I'll probably be shot for my 'new coach' suggestion & this guy hasn't had a brilliant coaching record but he's one of the more knowledgeable guys out there with regards to Rugby League............Matthew Elliott!

I think he should be put on notice. At least 4-5 more wins this year or he walks. He seems to be a really nice bloke and he's had a lot to contend with. But he's too nice. everyone's mate - except Hastings :p - and there's too many excuses. I
heard George Rose talking on the radio last week and he was asked something along the lines of who were the toughest coaches to work with. Of course he said Bellamy and Hasler. He said Hasler could go from zero to 1000 in a second when not happy. The commentators mentioned the door ripping incident and George said, 'that was an interesting day.'
We need someone who's passionate enough to rip off a door when we lose.

No I'm not saying you said anything about us having a poor roster TC, that's my comparison only.
Because as you say, our top one is good.
I would expect that being his 3rd year he would have developed some form of depth though.
At least to the point where, players come in who know our style, but to me we just don't have one.
Under him we have gone backwards.
Well our style is off the cuff playing off power, penetration fast play the balls and offloads through the middle for the most part----the issue is that is pretty much the depth of it----all teams aim for and want the above to varying degrees but you need more than that to be taken seriously.

For fuksake he's proven what he's worth in 3 seasons. Zero.
Sack him and sign Bellamy NOW !!!
The Broncos aren't going to sack Bennett, so unless Bellamy resigns with the Storm, he has a year off, which he's stated that won't be happening. F**k I'd be happy if we got him just for a year. He'd definitely give us better games plans than last nights crap.

Do we need a new coach? I suppose that depends on what we want to achieve as a club. If our objective is to field a cometitive football team and even to occasionally win a match then yes, i suppose we do need a new coach. If our aim is to be the laughing stock of the competition and to build a collection of wooden spoons that will eclipse that of Parramatta, then sign Trent for life on 2 million a year with a ratchet provision.

Not sure what you are getting at, i know TB is signed till 2020 was the only option and choice Manly and TB had at the time.
Right now the club needs stability and patience, i understand this might be hard in such times especially with the performances being dished up but the damage will be far greater for a small club with not much financial capacity churning through coaches hoping for a quick fix----big clubs with big financial resources can do this.

Others here think the total opposite thinking a small club like Manly doesn't have the time to wait.

Right now Manly should be focusing more on the off field stuff like getting the new stadium, improving the front office professionalism, managing the cap, improve the depth and give a young coach guidance and confidence.

Next year is TB's last year to show growth as a coach, hopefully less injuries and depth come his way also.

I still think deep down there is a good coach in TB even with some of the amateurish performance analysis and structures on offer----he has the perfect opportunity to develop this area and see what works and what doesn't the rest of this year since the season is already over.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8