Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
On paper & at full strength we have a team easily capable of a top 4 finish! At times we have shown how well we can play & have belted teams considered far better than us, yet we have lost to teams far worse than us! Not sure what is going on to be honest. There were stages last year where we were close to a top 2 position then suddenly the wheels fell off & we struggled. We are either hot or freezing cold. Injuries don't help, however we're not the only team suffering. The boardroom brawling has hampered us for many years & on top of that we have to deal with this salary cap & Hastings fiasco. Still not an excuse really.......for mine I've tentatively voted to get rid of Barrett. It's getting to the stage where he's had enough time & it's his team selection decisions that rile me the most. I'll probably be shot for my 'new coach' suggestion & this guy hasn't had a brilliant coaching record but he's one of the more knowledgeable guys out there with regards to Rugby League............Matthew Elliott!
A top 4 side, sweet jesus that'll do me. Even at full strength we'd be struggling to make the 8. I did vote to keep Trent (as if we have a real say lol as he's locked in) . But i do like your Mattthew Elliot dark horse call!!

On paper & at full strength we have a team easily capable of a top 4 finish! At times we have shown how well we can play & have belted teams considered far better than us, yet we have lost to teams far worse than us! Not sure what is going on to be honest. There were stages last year where we were close to a top 2 position then suddenly the wheels fell off & we struggled. We are either hot or freezing cold. Injuries don't help, however we're not the only team suffering. The boardroom brawling has hampered us for many years & on top of that we have to deal with this salary cap & Hastings fiasco. Still not an excuse really.......for mine I've tentatively voted to get rid of Barrett. It's getting to the stage where he's had enough time & it's his team selection decisions that rile me the most. I'll probably be shot for my 'new coach' suggestion & this guy hasn't had a brilliant coaching record but he's one of the more knowledgeable guys out there with regards to Rugby League............Matthew Elliott!
Matt Elliott? FFS God help us if we have dig this guy up to replace Barrett.
The reality is , we have a ****e playing roster.

Yep. His media mates go so easy on him the pressure won’t increase and that will allow Penn to take the easy and less expensive option. Compare that to Griffin. Not an ounce of praise for him and his injury troubled side leads the comp.

Barrett is the Chosen One aided and abetted by the bloke who sold us this dud, Gus.
It’s a perfect storm.2 1/2 more years of this rubbish so batten down the hatches.

Last edited:
I'll wait until the end of the season to decide.
But, I'd love to give the Walker Brothers a crack. They would shake things up and, I reckon, gain more members to the club. I'd sign them on an incentive contract; one year with options and a sliding pay scale depending on where we finish.
What's the downside? We have another poor year? Unfortunately we are getting used to it.
It would certainly rekindle my interest in watching the team play. I don't think I have the courage to watch us play Illawarra next week. We rarely beat them - even when we have a top team.

Bring back Des.

A few doors coming off the hinges will put the fear of Des in this mob.

Des had all of our legends of the past decade taking unders to play with each other. That’s the culture we need to bring back to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Agreed. No rational person could say, with any real conviction, that Barrett is the leader to take this side forward. You only need a very limited understanding of the game to arrive at this conclusion. While I like his public image as a person, I fail to see anything in him as a coach. The only people that would be in defence of him may be family members, or some blindly loyal mates. This is evident by the fact that more than 85% of us on here have voted for his removal.

And the other 15% are mute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially now we NEED Manly people in control. Balin, Lyons, Menzies,Stewart's...somebody.

Twenty, Carty, Penny, are currently Manly men. ZTC is a Manly man. 30 players currently playing are too.
Hastings may not be though, so that might be 29. Oh and don't forget the legendary Mr Plod; still on the payroll as a Manly man.

Culture starts from the top down (hello Ian Narev, Catherine "not my fault" Brenner), so perhaps we just need a new Manly owner?

Twenty, Carty, Penny, are currently Manly men. ZTC is a Manly man. 30 players currently playing are too.
Hastings may not be though, so that might be 29. Oh and don't forget the legendary Mr Plod; still on the payroll as a Manly man.

Culture starts from the top down (hello Ian Narev, Catherine "not my fault" Brenner), so perhaps we just need a new Manly owner?

You think ?

I think Haslers coaching career is over and besides that I haven't forgotten how he left us, there are better coaches out there than him.
Who has had more success than Hasler.... Maybe Bennett.. That would be about it.. But it's a close run thing..

They’ll be back, they just need a few days to figure out when to chime in with a positive spin and some collective pearls of wisdom on the character of a supporter who wants the coached sacked. Nobody likes to be wrong, I thought Barrett might bring some fresh air to the club. Somebody who didn’t have maroon and white beer goggles. But this club really responds to home made heroes who can set the bench mark for culture and backs to the wall us versus them mentality that has served us so well in the past. A sprinkling of former players involved and we can get back to where we belong. No knock on Trent as a person, but he is out of his depth because he lacks experience. He needs to work as an assistant to build his CV and have another crack down the track.

Thinking,thinking,thinking,thinking...... .........

Agreed. No rational person could say, with any real conviction, that Barrett is the leader to take this side forward. You only need a very limited understanding of the game to arrive at this conclusion. While I like his public image as a person, I fail to see anything in him as a coach. The only people that would be in defence of him may be family members, or some blindly loyal mates. This is evident by the fact that more than 85% of us on here have voted for his removal.

The conclusion of this survey so far:

15% of Silvertails posters have fat fingers.

I'm just about done with Barrett. The presser last night said it all...that is, he said nothing, just the same old same old wishy washy excuses. And DCE didn't show - leaves it to poor Jake to front the media.
I watch Ricky Stewart in his pressers and he's not backward in coming forward. If his players deserve criticism, he doesn't hold back.
I watched Bellamy today at half time barking to his players, demanding an improvement, laying down the law. He doesn't hold back either.
As @niccipops says, TB is too nice. He gives the impression he does hold back, there's no emotion, no passion rammed into the team. Similarly, DCE holds back his emotion too. I get so frustrated watching him behind the goalposts with the team, waiting for the opposition to kick a goal - he should yelling at his players and encouraging them, instead of quietly standing there and just being one of the boys.
In all fairness to Tooves, if its such a results driven business, then Barrett's surely had his chance and should be moved on as well.

I'm not the biggest fan of Trent but I think his hands are tied a bit here. Imagine having so much of the salary cap tied up in a player you didn't pick who is in such atrocious form on such a long contract. I thought the Stewart's were a bit salty on the way out but I'm coming around to the fact that it's not entirely on Trent's head. What the **** do we do with DCE? He's been a deadset liability.

I'm not the biggest fan of Trent but I think his hands are tied a bit here. Imagine having so much of the salary cap tied up in a player you didn't pick who is in such atrocious form on such a long contract. I thought the Stewart's were a bit salty on the way out but I'm coming around to the fact that it's not entirely on Trent's head. What the **** do we do with DCE? He's been a deadset liability.
You can't expect DCE to be killing it when the WHOLE team is going so badly, that's football, it happens to every team,including ours, look at the Broncos, and their roster is far superior to ours, how many in our roster are rejects from other clubs?, Lane, Sirronen, Winterstein,Hodko, Croker, Uate, Perret ,Thompson.Wright, Brown,and if Tafua , Parker and Kelly were on the market there would be very few clubs interested.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10