Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
Some players in particular are the reason for barretts demise. He backed them but when the chips were down the players looked after No 1. The players didnt play for the coach. Sure there were injuries , but ticker, grit and desire were missing and thats not about talent. Some of our better players went missing because the environment alliwed them to without consequences. They took the piss

Kick chase and defend doesnt always make you win, but it rarely pulls your pants down and we have the best kicker in the game on paper
But the players loved him and played for him.
Lol...

Some players in particular are the reason for barretts demise. He backed them but when the chips were down the players looked after No 1. The players didnt play for the coach. Sure there were injuries , but ticker, grit and desire were missing and thats not about talent. Some of our better players went missing because the environment alliwed them to without consequences. They took the piss

Kick chase and defend doesnt always make you win, but it rarely pulls your pants down and we have the best kicker in the game on paper
The Cat Trent had his team that consisted of elite players playing like Cats
The Eagle Des will have us soaring like Sea eagles
Looking forward to seeing a soaring Sea eagle team again

The very fact that Trent Barrett has sent a legal letter stating that Manly will be in breach of his contract if he’s not the head coach says it all. It shows that he never had any interest in anyone but himself, and his resignation date halfway through next season was nothing more than a cheap attempt at a free pay day. What he’s communicating is that the club need to let him coach for half a season before finding a replacement or pay him out... What a dud. How people defend this guy is bewildering.

Last edited:
The very fact that Trent Barrett has sent a legal letter stating that Manly will be in breach of his contract if he’s not the head coach says it all. It shows he had no interest in anyone but himself, and the resignation date halfway through next season was nothing more than a cheap pay day. What he’s communicating is that the club need to let him coach half a season before finding a replacement or pay him out... What a dud.

He's just posturing to try to get a payout before he takes whatever role Penrith have offered him. The signing of Hasler has cut his legs out from under him and he knows it. His legal position has been undermined by the fact that he has already resigned, all the club need to do is show that Hasler's appointment as head coach is to manage the transition. At worst they lose in court and have to pay out Barrett the money he's trying to get anyway. At best he walks away with his tail between his legs and gets the f$@k all that he deserves.

He's just posturing to try to get a payout before he takes whatever role Penrith have offered him. The signing of Hasler has cut his legs out from under him and he knows it. His legal position has been undermined by the fact that he has already resigned, all the club need to do is show that Hasler's appointment as head coach is to manage the transition. At worst they lose in court and have to pay out Barrett the money he's trying to get anyway. At best he walks away with his tail between his legs and gets the f$@k all that he deserves.
I probably didn’t define the point I was trying to get across clearly... There is no way that Trent Barrett’s actions were honourable or well intentioned when he handed in his resignation. There are some people on here and in the media, who have had the wool pulled over their eyes by this guy. Anything Trent has done has been for Trent alone.

The very fact that Trent Barrett has sent a legal letter stating that Manly will be in breach of his contract if he’s not the head coach says it all. It shows that he never had any interest in anyone but himself, and his resignation date halfway through next season was nothing more than a cheap attempt at a free pay day. What he’s communicating is that the club need to let him coach for half a season before finding a replacement or pay him out... What a dud. How people defend this guy is bewildering.
Surely @Woodsie should be on here by now telling everyone that Trent is a hero and that he was doing it for the good of the club

@:D@:D:rofl:

That eels game was a mirage - they had zero heart in it and just let us play that touch footy style that makes us seem like world-beaters. As soon as we came up against teams with a bit of heart and grit, we crumbled. Just like trent the player in his heyday.
I said at the time 20-0 would have been fine, and save the other points for use in the close games coming up. A decent coach would have insisted on that.

I probably didn’t define the point I was trying to get across clearly... There is no way that Trent Barrett’s actions were honourable or well intentioned when he handed in his resignation. There are some people on here and in the media, who have had the wool pulled over their eyes by this guy. Anything Trent has done has been for Trent alone.
That's right, his intentions were downright dishonourable, and unconscionable ,he knew fully well that a 12 month notice to June of next year would have been unacceptable to the club and thus forcing the club's hand for an early payout, now his advisors are telling us that we cannot hire another head coach because he's still the head coach, so now they are dictating to us as to when we can hire another coach, do they really expect us to be in a position to employ another coach mid season, that's FARKING BULL**** on Barrett's part , the club says that they are willing to have Barrett stay on, but not as coach and still get paid the same money, but they have rejected that offer, so basically he wants his contract paid out in full with a termination in order for him to go somewhere else.
Any coach worth his salt would've perhaps resigned at the end of this year if he was so unhappy, and that would have been acceptable and honourable, or perhaps resign at the end of next season and that would've been acceptable and honourable.

Surely @Woodsie should be on here by now telling everyone that Trent is a hero and that he was doing it for the good of the club

@:D@:D:rofl:
So by requesting / demanding better facilities, equipment, staff etc. Can I just ask, who's environment WAS he looking to improve?

Cronulla's?

He may not have been a wonderful coach (according to some), but now that Des is returning, all the things that Barrett asked is now being provided .

I think in a round about way, Barrett started that minimum benchmark.

So by requesting / demanding better facilities, equipment, staff etc. Can I just ask, who's environment WAS he looking to improve?

Cronulla's?

He may not have been a wonderful coach (according to some), but now that Des is returning, all the things that Barrett asked is now being provided .

I think in a round about way, Barrett started that minimum benchmark.
We can agree to disagree. I believe the facilities was a blatant excuse to make himself appear hard done by and make the club look bad.

The gym out there is good. I’ve been in it. And as for demountables for offices, most public schools have demountables.

I think these are convenient excuses to mitigate blame

We can agree to disagree. I believe the facilities was a blatant excuse to make himself appear hard done by and make the club look bad.

The gym out there is good. I’ve been in it. And as for demountables for offices, most public schools have demountables.

I think these are convenient excuses to mitigate blame

Fair enough mate. Excuses or not, it still would have been amazing for the club to have provided those in my opinion.

It kind of sets the bar professionalism wise. Sets an expectation / standard.

I get most of it comes from the plauers / coach, but their environment is so important in my opinion.

Heck, even to the point of selling the club to marquee players.

Anyways, Barrett's gone, and the club seems set to achieve upgrades of Narrabeen, Brooky and a Centre of Excellence, as well as hiring all the staff Trent wanted all along (like Crusher).

Fair enough mate. Excuses or not, it still would have been amazing for the club to have provided those in my opinion.

It kind of sets the bar professionalism wise. Sets an expectation / standard.

I get most of it comes from the plauers / coach, but their environment is so important in my opinion.

Heck, even to the point of selling the club to marquee players.

Anyways, Barrett's gone, and the club seems set to achieve upgrades of Narrabeen, Brooky and a Centre of Excellence, as well as hiring all the staff Trent wanted all along (like Crusher).
Just so you know (and Trent couldn’t possibly have not known this) the plans and negotiation for the Centre of excellence (therefore upgraded facilities) has been with the gov for months. It’s been a back and forth process. It was happening anyway. It’s not because he quit or demanded it. Work was being done on it. That’s why all this garbage about facilities and equipment is rubbish. The final thing if it all goes ahead (parts may get cut) is about a 35mil facility

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8