Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
It's hard to get a read on the exact situation and timeline of what happened with baz and manly, but my feelings are a bit of sympathy for baz, he undoubtedly came on board with the best intentions and aspirations and I still think our club could have out more support and resources around him, if he was trying to pull a swifty to another job then he kinda gets what he deserves. I think all parties would do things differently if they had their time again.

All these feelings are surpassed by the happiness and optimism of this weeks news and the clouds clearing from manly's horizon.

just remember he quit in july, before all his excuses came out..

Maybe, also possible he didn't go public with his grievances in July, doesn't mean he wasn't expressing them to the club. Who then didn't act so he went public. I suspect we will never know the exact timeline , I'm just saying it's hard not to feel for the bloke, and knowing the track record of our owners, I'm sure they are not blameless for the whole fiasco

Maybe, also possible he didn't go public with his grievances in July, doesn't mean he wasn't expressing them to the club. Who then didn't act so he went public. I suspect we will never know the exact timeline , I'm just saying it's hard not to feel for the bloke, and knowing the track record of our owners, I'm sure they are not blameless for the whole fiasco

All irrelevant, the bottom line is the imposter can't coach, watch the same team next year , Ill bet they finish way further up the ladder..

All irrelevant, the bottom line is the imposter can't coach, watch the same team next year , Ill bet they finish way further up the ladder..

I wouldn't say irrelevant, the clubs image, reputation and standing took a mAjor hit this year because of the whole situation, it takes more than one better season to get that back

Barrett tried his best under difficult circumstances but he couldn't come up with the right answers when injuries were decimating his team. That's experience. Rather than consider imagination and try a few radical ideas, he turned conservative using the safe and slow process which became predictable. I think the defence fell down mainly because it was difficult keeping the same team on the field week by week and the structure broke down. But strategically he didn't use his players effectively especially with the attacking 20 metres.

To me Barrett was a young coach struggling with a situation few coaches would have solved effectively but he just battened down and stuck with players who were never going to help the stars win them matches, especially on the wings. Only Tom T and Kelly were a danger outside of DCE in the backline (Walker was injured or badly positioned at 5/8 most of the season), so defensively other teams could cover them. The issue with the non player resources was just an excuse, when he was getting desperate. He didn't complain about it in 2017 when they were winning more games (many because of DCE's field goals which didn't come off in 2018).

Barrett may become a reasonable coach in time...he's certainly learned the hard way unless he looks for excuses. But Manly obviously need trench warfare tactics that Des is particularly good at. Sorry Trent but you were potentially the right person at the wrong time.

Some players in particular are the reason for barretts demise. He backed them but when the chips were down the players looked after No 1. The players didnt play for the coach. Sure there were injuries , but ticker, grit and desire were missing and thats not about talent. Some of our better players went missing because the environment alliwed them to without consequences. They took the piss

Kick chase and defend doesnt always make you win, but it rarely pulls your pants down and we have the best kicker in the game on paper

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8