Rule changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KNUCKLES

weights before dates
This weekend’s matchups between the Cowboys & Broncos and the Sea Eagles & Warriors will be competed with a number of rule changes being trialled

• Referees who believe a try has been scored will award the try without consulting the Bunker, and up until the conversion attempt is taken the Bunker will be able to review the try and overturn the decision

• Clubs will nominate 10 ‘forwards’ among their 17 man squads and only those select players will be able to pack into the scrum

• Kicks in play that go into touch other than a 40/20 or 20/40 will now result in a handover rather then a scrum

• After a Six Again has been awarded all defending players except those who have taken up a position at marker(s) must ‘retire 10 metres from the point at which the ball is played or to their own goal line’

What do you think about these new changes? Are you looking forward to seeing them trialled?
FMD

They've got to stop the wholesale rule changes whenever they feel like it. The game is not treated as sacred and it should be. The purist game of all, soccer (and I'm not a fan), is respected when it comes to its rules. Rugby League is just so bloody provincial.

Seems weird that new rules are being trialled in the regular season in only 2 games. Not much time for the four teams to prepare. I think all the changes are positive.

I have been wanting forwards only in scrums for a long time. The practice of having big boppers out in the back line when a scrum is packed is a blot on the game IMO.

Here is the article link

More confused players means more 6 again and penalties just to enhance the viewing experience.

I have a better idea, don't use the bunker at all for these two games and see what happens.

• After a Six Again has been awarded all defending players except those who have taken up a position at marker(s) must ‘retire 10 metres from the point at which the ball is played or to their own goal line’

What do you think about these new changes? Are you looking forward to seeing them trialled?
FMD
Is this 6 again rule any different to what’s in place?

What if you have utility player who can cover backs and forwards, like Jetski (yeah I know he is injured but it I am making a point) - if he has to go to centre mid game do we need to stop the game for an hour while the clubs submit this in writing to the NRL?

Is this 6 again rule any different to what’s in place?
Is the difference that the ref gives the signal to play the ball to restart the set only after all defending players, except markers, are in line with him?

All defending players are required to be “in line” with the referee marking the 10 metres.
The referee will call “go” when the ball has been played backwards and then the defensive line is entitled to move forward. Players who jump off the 10 metres early will be considered to be in breach of the 10 metre rule. Touch judges are to assist the referee in monitoring and enforcing the 10 metre rule.

I wish they would change the rule when a ball goes dead in goal and a player sprints up to the 20 taps it and keeps going.
95% they never stop.

Give both teams and the ref time to get into position.
Wish that was changed last week before the Titans game

Actually, I don't like some of these.

The ref awards the try and the bunker only has until the kick is taken to overturn. So the ref makes a howler of a call, the scoring side knows it - so they rush to take the kick so they can't overturn it. OK, its just getting silly now. Some will say: "good it speeds up the game as they don't take as long to kick it". Isn't the game fast enough as it is?

The cancelling of scrums when a kick finds touch: I know some will like this, but I don't. We are eroding the tradition of the game. Yes, scrums are no longer a contest, but as many will point out, at least the scrum changes the attacking and defensive structures for that particular play.

I can live with nominating the ten players to pack into scrums, but really, what value does it bring? Will anyone even really notice a distinct impact to the game?

I don't see the difference with the six again rule.

I wish they would change the rule when a ball goes dead in goal and a player sprints up to the 20 taps it and keeps going.
95% they never stop.

Give both teams and the ref time to get into position.

100%! Imagine if the NRL ran cricket. They would let the bowler start before the batsman got out of the dressing room. Gotta have a fast game ya know, even if it isn't a contest.

If you watch the NFL, it at least is a contest between attack and defence on each play. The NRL's idea of a contest is one team gets 6 tackles against a non existent defence, and then the other team gets the ball to have six tackles against a non existent defence. That may be even, it may sort of be a contest, but isn't a game of RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL. It is Harlem Globetrotters vs the Washington Generals.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4