Rule changes

First Grader
The RFU, English Rugby Union, has announced of changes to tackles. The highest a tackle can be made will be waist high.
Interesting to see how this develops.
That is ridiculous - the ball is the first thing you lock up ....it will be impossible to win the ball back and offloads will be impossible to stop - will become frustrating and there will be penalties for high tackles every 15 seconds so will be stop start more than a cricket game.
On the flipside with waist and lower tackles in our game, always had these thoughts...
I love nothing more than a copybook tackle around the legs, but this has been killed in rugby league as they have not worked out upstairs that the legs tackle should be rewarded, particularly 1 on 1 as a dominant tackle.

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
That is ridiculous - the ball is the first thing you lock up ....it will be impossible to win the ball back and offloads will be impossible to stop - will become frustrating and there will be penalties for high tackles every 15 seconds so will be stop start more than a cricket game.
On the flipside with waist and lower tackles in our game, always had these thoughts...
I love nothing more than a copybook tackle around the legs, but this has been killed in rugby league as they have not worked out upstairs that the legs tackle should be rewarded, particularly 1 on 1 as a dominant tackle.
I would love to see the one on one copybook tackle rewarded , ie if you are tackled one on one you can’t offload and if you do it’s a changeover.

It could also open up the game a little as if they miss with their one on one , it’s “ game on “.

Tragic
Premium Member
Whilst a rule like this would change our game radically it will make for a faster game without 2 and 3 in the tackle.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0