Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 8 2023 cross forums chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Actually the civility on this cross club forum is very very good , mostly people stick to points and there’s little to no attacking each other.

It’s pretty refreshing really !!

Funny how the Cowgirls couldn’t handle it , pretty silly really.

After all , and at the end of the day , we love footy and can appreciate it for what it really is , good fun !!

Haha oh that's right it was your suggestion. These brownies are maybe a bit too intense
Getting reaction notifications from the other forums but they aren't showing up on posts. That would be a great addition. Is that what you've been working on?

Getting reaction notifications from the other forums but they aren't showing up on posts. That would be a great addition. Is that what you've been working on?
I wrote some code to try it but because we have to use a single user for the sites posts it means the likes will just cancel themselves out.

I'm working on making the username of the user change and stay static wb oh will make it more readable.

From there I'll have to probably make our own "reaction" system to maybe allow anonymous reactions or attribute them to username not user id

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
I'm just hoping we start well for once.

1899.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Pete - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 11, 2008
This is a weird way of thinking.
If you slow down every play enough, you will find errors.
Where does it end?

In real time, its all one motion, unless you slow it down enough and you find separation.
20 years ago they didnt have the tech to slow it down and scrutinize it like they do today, and the results were fine.

Got a strong feeling you would feel completely different if it was broncos on the end of the knock on call.
There doesn't have to be separation, if you roll the ball along the ground forward it's a knock-on.

I could be wrong, but I reckon Freaky would be aware of this because it did go against the Broncos. FW1 2011 vs. the Warriors, Jharal Yow Yeh in the corner.

Even watching it in real time, I was sus on the Tago try and rightfully so.

10185.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Midean - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 5, 2019
There doesn't have to be separation, if you roll the ball along the ground forward it's a knock-on.

I could be wrong, but I reckon Freaky would be aware of this because it did go against the Broncos. FW1 2011 vs. the Warriors, Jharal Yow Yeh in the corner.

Its a try before the tech to slow it down was around.

Thats how i see it in any case, but i also see the alternative.
There is a reason Joey said what he said.

I just wonder where it ends, as i said earlier, you slow down any play enough you will find an error.

I thought it was a try, and only in super slow motion did it look like he rolled it forward vs simultaneous downward pressure.

I hate to admit it, but I prefer more of the posters on here, and what they share, than much of the crap I have to wade through on our own forum. But, the characters keep life interesting and remind us how important difference and acceptance is beyond a footy game

9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016

When I was watching the Tago try last night, I was thinking that it just didn't look like a try, but I couldn't figure out why.

It just looked like a knock on and I kept thinking it would be touch and go... then when the bunker started looking I was like "of course he's pushed it into the ground so a clear knock on"

There was the one last week where a captains challenge was put in and the only reason it didn't come away from his hands was because of the ground being there... can't remember if it remained a knock on or not, but the Tago one is the same... and cricket catches are the same... it's only not been spilled, because the ground is there to help them get control of it

8972.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]ZTop - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 28, 2016
3319.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]HK_Eagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 6, 2011

I hate to admit it, but I prefer more of the posters on here, and what they share, than much of the crap I have to wade through on our own forum. But, the characters keep life interesting and remind us how important difference and acceptance is beyond a footy game

To be honest the main posters from our forum in this thread are the die hard fans, the ones who are the most passionate and the cream of the crop posters. Most casual users of this forum wouldn't care for the cross forum talk

10185.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Midean - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 5, 2019
When I was watching the Tago try last night, I was thinking that it just didn't look like a try, but I couldn't figure out why.

It just looked like a knock on and I kept thinking it would be touch and go... then when the bunker started looking I was like "of course he's pushed it into the ground so a clear knock on"

There was the one last week where a captains challenge was put in and the only reason it didn't come away from his hands was because of the ground being there... can't remember if it remained a knock on or not, but the Tago one is the same... and cricket catches are the same... it's only not been spilled, because the ground is there to help them get control of it
I felt the same watching it, but figured the downward pressure would be enough to get it in.
Did the ref on field call it a try?
I cant recall.

It may be the brownies talking but can I just say how happy I am how everyone here has engaged with this cross forum footy chat. I know its not perfect but it is great to see the collaboration and chat. @Nashy had the idea and I am glad we could bring it to life!

Did I? 🤣

It is a cool feature though, and I'm glad everyone just wants to talk footy.

9052.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncsFan - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 28, 2016
I felt the same watching it, but figured the downward pressure would be enough to get it in.
I cant recall.
Yeah blown up as a try

3753.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dixpat - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 3, 2014
REACTIONS: 6,268
10185.jpg
I cant recall.

He did

So putting a hand on the ball which is on the ground over the goal line is now a knock on and not a try?

10185.jpg
3753.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dixpat - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 3, 2014

He did

So putting a hand on the ball which is on the ground over the goal line is now a knock on and not a try?

Right! i do see how rolling it forward is a knock on, but in a fraction of a second, at the same time as downward pressure, how do you make the call either way?

On field call should trump bunker slowing it down to 100 frames a second to see if he rolls it forward before applying downward pressure.

75.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Defence - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
REACTIONS: 26,127
9052.jpg

I thought he’d knocked it in watching live and was surprised they didn’t send it up straight away but then tago was so confident (mouthy) about it he had me fooled.
Shame was on him in the end though- be humble boy…

9052.jpg
3753.jpg

He did

You can ground the ball over the try line, I think the main issue with the Tago was grounding it initially, but then picking it up off the ground.

If he dives on it and momentum gets him across the line, then all good, but his first touch is downward pressure and his hand is like a claw... so he's not really in control of the ball... I can't recall if the ball is moving in his hand after he's first touched it, but if it was then it would be that he doesn't have control of it whilst it's being pushed in a forward motion

3753.jpg
9052.jpg
You can ground the ball over the try line, I think the main issue with the Tago was grounding it initially, but then picking it up off the ground.

If he dives on it and momentum gets him across the line, then all good, but his first touch is downward pressure and his hand is like a claw... so he's not really in control of the ball... I can't recall if the ball is moving in his hand after he's first touched it, but if it was then it would be that he doesn't have control of it whilst it's being pushed in a forward motion

My clear recollection of what the bunker offical said was in essence that the ball was on the ground, he put his hand on it with downward pressure and that constitutes a k-o

whereas a k-o by definition occurs when a player propels the ball forward towards the opponents goal line

10185.jpg

Its so sketchy, you have guys brush a ball with a finger tip at full speed but its considered downward pressure, even if the ball rockets forward after his finger lightly brushes it into the ground.

Obvious separation/knock ons are easy to spot, but these calls that divide opinions, and have commentators like joey and freddy having polar opinions on it, should probably go in favor of the attacker.

Especially when it needs to be slowed down to near imperceptible speeds to see the error.

Perhaps we could incorporate the criteria of… does it feel like a try? Just that one simple question. It’s still going to bring about controversy for those on the negative end of the decision who will go to slo-mos to argue it, but I kind of like it. Especially when applied to obstruction/shepherd laws.

9052.jpg
3753.jpg

My clear recollection of what the bunker offical said was in essence that the ball was on the ground, he put his hand on it with downward pressure and that constitutes a k-o

whereas a k-o by definition occurs when a player propels the ball forward towards the opponents goal line

I'd have to see a replay of it again, but I just thought on the first replay from the bunker.. "yep knock on"... and then didn't really pay much attention from then on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8