Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 8 2023 cross forums chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
1973.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrslong - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2008
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]

Kept going on about jacky taking 300k less at south’s and how dodgy it was.
meanwhike cam Munster taking 500k less to stay at the storm was all fine.
They’re a pack of clowns and I can’t watch it,
l'm no Kent apologist but there is something seriously wrong with the System that allows a player to leave his club ( of his own choice) and sign with another for much less.
Same length of contract so that can't be used as a point of difference.
I would understand if he went to the Dolphins as it's been reported his wife's family is up that way.
But moving to a city that is more expensive to live but earn less money doesn't make sense to me.

I get it if it's a situation like Reynolds where Souffs only offered him a one year deal but the Broncos offered three.

I also get Munster staying at the Storm for less, that's his current club so they shouldn't have to pay overs to keep him.

2021.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kimlo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 25, 2008
1959.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]StuBoot - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 22, 2010

l'm no Kent apologist but there is something seriously wrong with the System that allows a player to leave his club ( of his own choice) and sign with another for much less.
I would understand if he went to the Dolphins as it's been reported his wife's family is up that way.
But moving to a city that is more expensive to live but earn less money doesn't make sense to me.

I get it if it's a situation like Reynolds where Souffs only offered him a one year deal but the Broncos offered three.

I also get Munster staying at the Storm for less, that's his current club so they shouldn't have to pay overs to keep him.

He could just be sick of Ricky or has already made millions and a another 1.2m isn't a motivation.

It is strange though, he's giving up almost 700k after tax for what is effectively a retirement contract. That's a lot of money to just leave on the table.

It stinks, but so does the salary cap in general.

8536.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Super Freak - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2014
Dylan Walker is fighting his charge.

He was charged with a Grade 2 Dangerous Contact and because it was his second offence, he was facing 2 weeks on the sideline. Now he's facing 3 weeks.

I think he's seeking a downgrade to a Grade 1 which will be a fine. He shouldn't have been charged. He's making a ****ing tackle for ****s sake.

1412667335.png

8187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Organix - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 19, 2012
Dylan Walker is fighting his charge.

He was charged with a Grade 2 Dangerous Contact and because it was his second offence, he was facing 2 weeks on the sideline. Now he's facing 3 weeks.

I think he's seeking a downgrade to a Grade 1 which will be a fine. He shouldn't have been charged. He's making a ****ing tackle for ****s sake.

Far more a strong tackle than the NAS slam that broke a jaw. It's footy. **** happens. That was a tackle that unfortunately ended up with a guy hitting the ground hard. He didn't have any contact with the guy's head, the head did just hit the ground hard.

8187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Organix - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 19, 2012
To quote Paten on NAS's tackle on Egan:
“There might be possible minor contact at the end of the tackle with Nelson’s forearm to the neck [and] chin area, but that was only minor contact. It was a forceful tackle which unfortunately resulted in Egan’s head going into the ground.”

Swap that with Walker and Katoa and it actually is far more convincing in Walker's case.

10189.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mustafur - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 13, 2019
1959.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]StuBoot - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 22, 2010

From what one of the journos on 9 where saying about Wighton is he has a pretty good investment portfolio owning several houses etc and is willing to take the cut for more success/wants a change.

I don't think it's that far fetched.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8