Round 3: NON Manly games - discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we are in the market for a 5/8 we could do worse than enquire as to the contract status of Troy Dargan. Thought he had a crack tonight, didn't seem overawed and looks like he has some game. Looks a good young talent
We have walker Schuster cust and croker. He did good for his 1st game i thought. Better than adam Reynolds but we have enough halves

Two 30+ blow out games, with a tonne of repeat sets.
Someone at NRL HQ gave Klein a tingle before kickoff I reckon. As @Bring back the.... Biff? said, it was nearly like a normal game. No where as quick as the first two. So who knows if they’re going to keep tinkering with it.
And for the love of god, touchies have got to be allowed/encouraged to call offside. It has been ridiculous so far. The rule is 10 metres, not five and a half.

Im worried about the likes of Sipley / Paseka, think Keppie might be ok.

AFB & Marty, “ should” be ok .

Back rowers are the new “ rock stars”.

I'm hoping that refs also realise that people get tired the longer the game goes on and allows for that in their subjective timing.

I notice they still allow the defensive team more time when on their line so hopefully they get it that a 1 min Jake is less tired than a 79 min Jake (or afb etc)

I'm hoping that refs also realise that people get tired the longer the game goes on and allows for that in their subjective timing.

I notice they still allow the defensive team more time when on their line so hopefully they get it that a 1 min Jake is less tired than a 79 min Jake (or afb etc)

Geeze...that is a hell of a lot of hoping buddy. Have you seen the way they have been refereeing us for the last 72 years?

Two 30+ blow out games, with a tonne of repeat sets.
Someone at NRL HQ gave Klein a tingle before kickoff I reckon. As @Bring back the.... Biff? said, it was nearly like a normal game. No where as quick as the first two. So who knows if they’re going to keep tinkering with it.
And for the love of god, touchies have got to be allowed/encouraged to call offside. It has been ridiculous so far. The rule is 10 metres, not five and a half.
And imho the normal game is way better.. the 1 ref is better the new rule needs to go if this keeps up..

And imho the normal game is way better.. the 1 ref is better the new rule needs to go if this keeps up..
Average score difference over the first 3 games is 24.6. Round 1 first 3 games a shade over 10 and round 2 5.3. Just useless stats but thought it an interesting comparison. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the round plays out. I didn’t see the last 30 of Easts game so can’t comment to much. Score wasn’t close tho.

Let’s hope it’s a “ gee we might have ****ed up with that 6 again rule” and the rest of the games are like last night.

I think it’s a good rule but 6 extra sets even one team is attacking on the first 20 minutes is going to kill whichever team cops them , yes even the top teams.

Further to that I think it is a good rule , but perhaps a warning first and if they continue infringing then the 6 against start, but if the standard thing to “ get your point across “ is giving one team 96% possesion for the first 20 minutes then 38-6, 42-6 , 34-6 will be common score lines.

Klein seemed to award more penalties for ruck infringements than 6 agains last night.

Wasn't he the same ref who protested his disagreement with the finicky rules last year by blowing 30-odd penalties in the first half of a game & was subsequently dropped from first grade reffing for some time afterwards?

If so, perhaps the lack of 6 agains last night was another protest against a rule he disagrees with?

Klein seemed to award more penalties for ruck infringements than 6 agains last night.

Wasn't he the same ref who protested his disagreement with the finicky rules last year by blowing 30-odd penalties in the first half of a game & was subsequently dropped from first grade reffing for some time afterwards?

If so, perhaps the lack of 6 agains last night was another protest against a rule he disagrees with?

Interesting take on that because it certainly was different.

I guess we'll see how his performance gets assessed by which game he gets next week.
Speaking of assessment, who is the ref's boss now? (And does he also get paid more than the prime minister?)

One thing it will expose is the ploders. Way easy to shine at training, another thing to play at the intensity the way this game looks like it headed. I think we have a couple of boys that just won't cut it.
I stand corrected in my word choice.
It will expose the ploders If we have them.

I’m really really keen to watch the Drizzle / Faders game , I mean the Drizzle have built their empire around grubby tactics in the ruck so if that continues they could well be “ 6 agained” out of contention!!

That is IF the referee is consistent with the first two games and not the third game.

Will be VERY interesting

Roosters still managed to slow the ruck last night by doing it with coordinated wrestling before the call of held putting the player slowly onto his back and cutting out the bull**** after the call of held. Incredibly clinical, professional and completely fair IMO. Very glad we don't have to play them again in the regular season.

Roosters still managed to slow the ruck last night by doing it with coordinated wrestling before the call of held putting the player slowly onto his back and cutting out the bull**** after the call of held. Incredibly clinical, professional and completely fair IMO. Very glad we don't have to play them again in the regular season.

So you think they’ve adjusted well to the new rule that quickly ?!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4