Round 3: NON Manly games - discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who you get as ref is going to have a Major impact on the game now. The control freaks who want to be the centre of attention (Peranara and co) are going to kill a lot of games. if you get a prime time slot with a competent ref you have a good (better) shot of playing football.
Notice how they haven't used 1 six again thingy this game? This is a normal game not like the last 2 bs games

If we are in the market for a 5/8 we could do worse than enquire as to the contract status of Troy Dargan. Thought he had a crack tonight, didn't seem overawed and looks like he has some game. Looks a good young talent

There is a difference between a pass and the ball being dropped.

If the ball is clearly passed backwards, even if it happens to hit the ground first it doesn't matter which direction it bounces. However, if a player attempts to catch the ball and they drop it, even if the initial flight of the ball is backwards off the hands/arm/shoulder, if it hits the ground before being regathered and the first bounce is towards the opposition try line ... then by the rules it is a knock on.

That's where a lot of people, fans, television commentators etc, actually get it wrong. They see the ball being dropped and the initial flight of the ball is backwards so they automatically think its a knock back and the ref has got it wrong. But it doesn't work that way. If the ball bounces before anyone can regather it and the bounce direction is forwards, then its a knock on.
I'm not convinced. The knock on law only states that you must propel the ball towards the oppositions dead ball line and it hits another player or the ground before you regain possession. Doesn't qualify between pass or "drop" ball, relative motion is the only criteria. I'd be interested if that is written somewhere in the laws of the game that balls that get "dropped" backwards are treated differently

Well is it just me or was that game refereed in a different way to the first two ??

Were the first two just a “ this is what’s going to happen if you pull your **** on” OR were these two “better” teams just better at the rules ??

There was much more tolerance in the ruck in the Roosters souffs game than in last night's game.

I didn't see the Titans Cowboys game so can't comment on it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8