Round 17 Manly V Dogs [Round 17 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I reckon a lot of us today could and should remember narrow, frustrating losses like this; even in premiership seasons.

No-one is perfect. No-one goes through undefeated.

We'll bounce back, and hard I bet!

And...I would like to add (and blame) my mate Kev, in the end!

Clearly the Dogs had divine help last night; so one for you big fella.

It was an odd night...Both top teams (Manly and Hawthorn, in the AFL) were upset by teams wearing royal-blue n white. (Kangaroos down south).

Pretty rare double that...and I'm convinced there was cosmic energies at work...lol!

silvertail said:
It's all my fault that we lost last night.

Broke with tradition, I was too tired, cold and complacent to put on my Manly jersey last night to watch the game.

:)

Oh well there it is then!

That's very poor form mate.

I thought it was me not wearing my Manly beanie, or my mate Kev pulling strings from above...

Clearly, it was your fault!

We all expect a return to form all round then, next week!

silvertail said:
It's all my fault that we lost last night.

Broke with tradition, I was too tired, cold and complacent to put on my Manly jersey last night to watch the game.

:)

Thanks Silvertail, we'll blame you....at least you admit it. LOL

Whilst on this game thread, the Dogs fans behaved as expected last night (where I was sitting anyway) and certainly lived up to their reputation. :mad:

Cliffy said:
Technical Coach does make a legitimate point. He's not the only person to ever proclaim big forwards win matches. I will be surprised if we don't see at least one bigger body shaped forward like Sao, or Lauaki get a run before the finals.

Equally you don't always have to beat big bodies with bigger bodies.

We did see the inclusions of Hodges and Gutherson in the side tonight. The guys did seem unusually bunched around the play of the ball coming off there own line. But surprisingly they didn't really seem to ever try and attack much in the way of dummy half runs back to back. We just played bad.

Not so much proclaiming big forwards win matches because this is not always the case.

Melb, Bronco's in the 90's Canberra even Parra back in the 80's won premierships with smaller forwards.

Problem is in this day and age with better training techniques, fitness levels, interchange and more advanced methods used in the wrestle you need explosive punch combined with a little size to have any chance to get consistent go forward---unless the ref's police the ruck better.

In saying that I personally hate fast ruck speeds and touch football with one out passing or dummy half running.

Bennet would complain all the time during the 90's about ruck speed it was the only way the Broncos and Alfie could score points.

Not hard to see why The Broncos and Sharks played the Super League GF, one wanted fast ruck speeds the other dived at tacklers legs to create a fast play the ball.

Manly has always been about having a decent size forward pack(in some respects too large for my liking) what we have this year is a change of philosophy that might work well if the interchange levels are reduced or the interpretation of ruck speed is changed in our favour.(well forced due to salary cap constraints to work with what we have and doing amazingly well with low forward depth)

Anyone know what was wrong with Kingy last night he was awful. First touch was soft, let in a try, and then disappeared.
I didn't see the hunger I saw the previous week v the rooster where he bent the line all night.

NYEagle said:
Anyone know what was wrong with Kingy last night he was awful. First touch was soft, let in a try, and then disappeared.
I didn't see the hunger I saw the previous week v the rooster where he bent the line all night.
Probably went to Yum Cha at Brookie before the game on Friday, probably why he wasn't as hungry

Moops said:
NYEagle said:
Wow some of you "fans" calling out the forward on that performance have short memories.

Are you lot kidding?

Let me know when you want watch that dour rubbish with 13 forwards like the dogs play and maybe Manly can pack in their current strategy for success and sign up a bunch of fat boys.

Amazing - they want flair, a dominant forward pack, speed, size, 30 point wins, dally M, churchill medals or they wont be happy.

Nice couch judges boys.

NYEagle

Aren't you judging the couch judges? Does that make you a couch judge as well?

Brother I was at the game so my bum is green.
Sorry, should have pointed that out.
Have some faith people.
NYEagle

globaleagle said:
HappilyManly said:
That forward pass miss is totally on the linesmen, not Video Refs.

It was 2 meters forward FFS :mad:

I wonder if they just don't like calling them in case the video shows the ball 'leaving the hand backwards then drifting forward?'

either way....load of ****e.

as tooves says...there's four of them out there but what's the use? They just say 'we were wrong' and move on, nothing changes.

Seems like the dogs made the best out of their poor situation.....and once again, for some reason coach and captain mumble about 'dunno, didn't turn up....ummm x 40....were flat, etc.

Maybe someone should be hired to remind them there is a game on before they play!

Luckily for us....it doesn't happen too often.

I was worried from the get go. Stewart and Foran were having a chuckle while they were supposed to be going through their " contact drills" . Then Stewart was just popping over some field goals for fun. When the game started Buhrer kicks just immediately after getting a repeat set and Foran kicks early to Gutherson wing with no-one having any clue it was on. Looked like they weren't up for the physical side of things which just aint Manly. This game, plus the Tigers and Broncos losses have been very much out of character. Watmough's mongrel and DCE's skills missed bigtime, so hopefully normal transmission resumes soon.

ALinda said:
Whilst on this game thread, the Dogs fans behaved as expected last night (where I was sitting anyway) and certainly lived up to their reputation. :mad:

Having said that, my laugh of the night was one of our female fans expressively yelling from up the back "you Dirty Dog!" when (I think it was) Hiku was crunched! :D

Aussie Battler said:
Watmough's mongrel and DCE's skills missed bigtime, so hopefully normal transmission resumes soon.

Well said Aussie Battler, couldn't agree more.

bulldogs_fan said:
Unlucky fellas.

Both teams will be there come September. If you guys had DCE you guys may of snuck home last night.

Great effort from the Dogs though with 7 players out.

See yous in September :)

yep was a pretty dodgy match from both teams, Manly just weren't up for it and we were out muscled, we just didnt look interested until the second half, and even then, we still looked dodgy,

Good to see some normal posting here from opposition fans, without gloating.

Welcome mate

Dan said:
bulldogs_fan said:
Unlucky fellas.

Both teams will be there come September. If you guys had DCE you guys may of snuck home last night.

Great effort from the Dogs though with 7 players out.

See yous in September :)

yep was a pretty dodgy match from both teams, Manly just weren't up for it and we were out muscled, we just didnt look interested until the second half, and even then, we still looked dodgy,

Good to see some normal posting here from opposition fans, without gloating.

Welcome mate

Yes I agree one of the first sensible fans we have seen for a while , most come before a game to stir things up then after ( if they win) to gloat.

Well done Bulldogs Fan

Cheers fellas. Not here to troll.

DCE is a fantastic player and he would of tore up last night.

Dogs still have work to do but I'm happy how we're going.

I actually don't hate Manly, I just hate Snake, Toovey, Watmough and just a tad Matai ;)

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
bulldogs_fan said:
I actually don't hate Manly, I just hate Snake, Toovey, Watmough and just a tad Matai ;)

read as...ok actually I do

NYEagle said:
I didn't see the hunger I saw the previous week v the rooster where he bent the line all night
Hurt his hip in the warm up apparently. That sort of thing can happen as middle age kicks in :(

bulldogs_fan said:

You hate snake, I hate you. No offence.

bulldogs_fan said:

No problem we all hate Mick P enis & his grub son Josh Reynolds, your Blue color, Fatsiano and that other Fat prop, Your Ugly CEO, tour cheating ways, Toddy Greenturd (biased to your club)
but Im not trolling either

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8