Roosters v Raiders Grand Final Thread

We were raging favourites.

As they ran out I said to him “ oh **** they look really nervous”.

Little did I know how much that was.

Say what you want about Des, but as a coach I don't remember him failing to get his side fired up for a finals match.

I think this is one area where Des has the legs on Bozo as a coach.

Raiders only managed to score 16 points against a Souths defence that we put 26 on with a depleted side and 12 men for a quarter of the game. Don't see where there points are going to come from against one of the better defences in the comp.
I think we were at least capable of it against the raiders. If you look past our 3 minutes of horror against souths where they jumped out to a 10-0 lead it was us leading 26-10 until Jake’s Sin binning. If we had started fast against the raiders we could’ve done it. Don’t know about Roosters though

I think we were at least capable of it against the raiders. If you look past our 3 minutes of horror against souths where they jumped out to a 10-0 lead it was us leading 26-10 until Jake’s Sin binning. If we had started fast against the raiders we could’ve done it. Don’t know about Roosters though

There's a "13 minutes to go" Manly rule.

In the 2013 GF and that game against Souths we were leading until the 13 mins to go mark. Then the refs kicked in and did some amazingly strange things, as if they were directed somehow, and Manly were beaten.

IMG_20191004_070411.jpg

IMG_20191006_063140.jpg

Last edited:
Not being at all sexist in this statement but I’m surprised to see the Women’s final in the more “ prime time “ late afternoon rather than the NSW/ QCup game.

I would have thought the State GF would be the lead up game.

Don’t get me wrong I’m delighted the girls are playing, but at this early stage with 4 sides and just a few games to get to a GF situation to me it’s the “ lesser” game.

Not being at all sexist in this statement but I’m surprised to see the Women’s final in the more “ prime time “ late afternoon rather than the NSW/ QCup game.

I would have thought the State GF would be the lead up game.

Don’t get me wrong I’m delighted the girls are playing, but at this early stage with 4 sides and just a few games to get to a GF situation to me it’s the “ lesser” game.
The elevation of the women's comp is ridiculous.

3 rounds and then a GF on the biggest day for the NRL :confused:

Feel for the State Cup competitions and all other comps that are longer than a month :cool:

The elevation of the women's comp is ridiculous.

3 rounds and then a GF on the biggest day for the NRL :confused:

Feel for the State Cup competitions and all other comps that are longer than a month :cool:

Yes I’m reiterating this is nothing to do with sexism, I’m delighted the girls are playing and it’s actually great footy BUT they play like four games.

The State Cup Boys toil for 12 months of training / playing and are pushed back to the non descript lunch time “ no one gives a ****” timeslot.

To me it’s grossly unfair.

Yes I’m reiterating this is nothing to do with sexism, I’m delighted the girls are playing and it’s actually great footy BUT they play like four games.

The State Cup Boys toil for 12 months of training / playing and are pushed back to the non descript lunch time “ no one gives a ****” timeslot.

To me it’s grossly unfair.
The women do train and play for a similar amount of time. As @HappilyManly said the state comps run much longer and players are pulled from these comps at the end.
It is just that the NRL doesn't want to commit to a full length comp which would interfere with these comps (which has pros and cons each way). The biggest thing for me, is that with no Manly to support, I have almost no interest.

Hi Roger, nice argument. Except...
Haha, Tedesco was already an Origin player and the reigning Dally M fullback of the year when the Chooks signed him.
Keary was already a premiership winning 5/8 (and described by the Chooks on his signing announcement as a gifted playmaker who obviously had his best years ahead of him).
Guys like JWH and Taukeiaho were obvious stars in waiting (JWH had already played a test for NZ so you can hardly claim you developed him as a junior).
BMoz shafted? You make it sound as though he was washed up and you revived him, in reality he's a top player but the Dogs were in salary cap disarray. Ryan Hall is the best English winger in memory but no doubt you got him on a minimum contract (lol) hope so because he can't even make your first grade squad.
Oh yes and let's sign the next big thing, then-current Origin star Crichton, and we'll sit him on the bench just as a back-up.

All very well to sign the best juniors money can buy and then pretend you 'developed' them, but in reality your team was still a mess until revived by the simple addition of SBW oh yes I almost forgot, plus Jennings and Maloney at the same time. Even the Titans would have done well with those blokes coming in.

So yes the Chookies have done very well in recruitment and we and every other club are jealous, but don't pretend it hasn't
come down to buying star talent. And let's face it, it's no secret the richest people spend big on tax lawyers to find loopholes (either legal or semi-legal or illegal) and why would anyone think Politis hasn't done the same with his toy footy club?
Anyway, all this will only make it sweeter when we beat the Chooks next year.
And if you do happen to lose the GF, I would love it to be via a couple of undetected forward passes!

Great read. Not that I agree with a lot but that is what opinions are about. Until there is hard evidence that we are rorting the cap, then it’s nothing.These allegations from fans have been going on for many many years, before Greenberg, before Smith and before Gallop. Next year V’Landy takes over and we’ll see but my money is there will be nothing to see, then again I haven’t got any money lol!

And yes I look forward to playing Manly because it’s a good contest. I don’t think there’s any hatred between the two clubs much like the hatred we have for Souths. The Chookpen was 90% supporting Manly in your last game. Next year what will happen? Well we should win well when we meet you but I’ve said that before and have come out if it pretty pretty sad...Your club is tough. And BTW, I was watching the NRL.com inside league show last night and they had Jake T as a guest and one of the hosts asked him if he was going for the Raiders as the underdogs and his response was ‘No way im going for the Roosters!’ At least we have one of your favourite sons on our side! @;)

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2