Roosters v Raiders Grand Final Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A factor in premiership success is injuries, or lack of tem.
It looks to me like Easts are very close to full strength.
Imagine if they had had the 6-7 players out of their top 17 like we suffered in the last few weeks of the comp.
How to you reckon Easts would have gone without Tedesco, Cordner, Crighton and co?

Imagine if they had had the 6-7 players out of their top 17 like we suffered in the last few weeks of the comp.
How to you reckon Easts would have gone without Tedesco, Cordner, Crighton and co?
Whilst I agree they have a fair set of reserves as well!!

By the way I’ve successfully ignored pretty much everything to do with football on TV this week.

A week of a gabfest on how good the Rorters are isn’t exactly my idea of fun.

Made a few social media comments about the Sutton cartel but that’s about it.

I’ll still be watching the game and am looking forward to that QCup/NSW Cup game should be a ripper.

Good luck, not that I think you’ll need it.

Thanks Mark. I think we’ll be fine. It’s ours to lose. I am disappointed many here are going for the Raiders. I still remember those grubs, in particular Rapana and Leilua taunting D Walker as he was going to take a kick to win the game. That was the epitome of bad sportsmanship. I’m surprised Manly fans have short memories. I think the raiders tactics are more negative than the storm. Their game is about doing spoiling tactics

BTW where in BNE are you? I live in Wynnum.

Thanks Mark. I think we’ll be fine. It’s ours to lose. I am disappointed many here are going for the Raiders. I still remember those grubs, in particular Rapana and Leilua taunting D Walker as he was going to take a kick to win the game. That was the epitome of bad sportsmanship. I’m surprised Manly fans have short memories. I think the raiders tactics are more negative than the storm. Their game is about doing spoiling tactics

Redland Bay, pretty close really.

I’m not really going for either , all I want is a good game devoid of referee’s interference.

Think you’ll blast them off the paddock to be honest , Cronk is a master at his work in big games.

Redland Bay, pretty close really.

I’m not really going for either , all I want is a good game devoid of referee’s interference.

Think you’ll blast them off the paddock to be honest , Cronk is a master at his work in big games.

I remember a couple of years ago someone here asked me If I thought that getting Cooper and ditching Pearce would be a good move. Back then I said for sure without realising how good he was going to be for us.

Anyway I live in the Bayside and ride a cruiser... you wouldn’t believe the colour of my bike. It’s white & maroon like the Manly jersey of the 80s. I didn’t pick the colours but I did pick the bike which looked nice. It gets a lot of looks.

I remember a couple of years ago someone here asked me If I thought that getting Cooper and ditching Pearce would be a good move. Back then I said for sure without realising how good he was going to be for us.

Anyway I live in the Bayside and ride a cruiser... you wouldn’t believe the colour of my bike. It’s white & maroon like the Manly jersey of the 80s. I didn’t pick the colours but I did pick the bike which looked nice. It gets a lot of looks.

No bike riding for me any longer but did so for about 50 years.

Traded my Trumpy in ( well sold it anyway) and bought my first caravan in 2013.

On the second one now, and loving it.

But enjoyed my time riding and Ulysses of course.

By the way in relation to the why more non Roosters fans aren’t supporting them, I think that’s pretty obvious.

There’s no doubt your “ system “ and network of rich benefactors is second to none, most of us think it’s unfair but we blame Todd Greenberg and the NRL for not cleaning it up more so than the average Easts fan.

Most look at it as just “ buying the Premiership” and the thought of your crew going back to back to back to back purely based on who has the most money upsets a few, me included.

I’d like to see some other system in place to ensure each of the 16 clubs has an almost equal chance of winning each year rather than who has the richest backers.

I’m in favour of a points system but anything I guess is open to rorting.

Good luck to you on Sunday - Manly is coming to get you in 2020 :rock:

If Raiders can't keep pace by half time, will suffer a strangling second half death...
Need even possession and good field position.....the Raiders attack will test ANY defence, but Roosters will be a tough nut to crack and the key for Raiders - the best defensive effort of their lives, contact - numbers and control of that ruck will minimise the Tedesco, keary middle attack, which leads to the danger of the shift attack that bring Mitchell and Manu into play.
Anyways, hoping for a Raiders Miracle, because that's what it will need to be.

Last edited:

Very good point you make there feathered friend

On a scale of proportions we have done enormously well to get as far as we have .

We are a club on the rise and we will continue to rise until we will eventually surge above the Roosters and the rest

Congratulations to Nick and the Roosters for taking advantage of the Sea eagles down time

but as history has always shown the Sea eagles always rise back to the top where they belong

WE ARE COMING TO GET YOU NICK

AS WE ALL KNOW THAT

NO TEAM SOARS HIGHER THAN THE MIGHTY MANLY SEA EAGLES !!!

BRWJ2YmdUFozvhwSFQrg1spuJUVee6evEnDXtCRCksu1QVZY.jpg

By the way in relation to the why more non Roosters fans aren’t supporting them, I think that’s pretty obvious.

There’s no doubt your “ system “ and network of rich benefactors is second to none, most of us think it’s unfair but we blame Todd Greenberg and the NRL for not cleaning it up more so than the average Easts fan.

Most look at it as just “ buying the Premiership” and the thought of your crew going back to back to back to back purely based on who has the most money upsets a few, me included.

I’d like to see some other system in place to ensure each of the 16 clubs has an almost equal chance of winning each year rather than who has the richest backers.

I’m in favour of a points system but anything I guess is open to rorting.

Well Politis and now Bouris have come out swinging about all these allegations from fans and some boofhead called Tallis. Politis & Bouris have put the club at the forefront inviting anyone to investigate it. Meanwhile Buzz, Kent, Weidler, Webster and now some journo that I don’t recognise have come out explaining how the roosters do it. Now you might not respect these journos but they can’t all be in Politis pocket as some other fans think. Meanwhile other fans continue with the allegations which they can’t prove. As for the players we have atm, only Cronk was a superstar. Tedesco was good but had not reached the quality of player he is now. Keary was discarded by Souths, thanks Russell. Jared only played what 4 games for you guys. Takeiaho only played 1 game for the warriors. BMoz was shafted from the dogs and we picked him up for peanuts cause he was going to be some kind of back up for Hall who hasn’t done much. The rest have all made their NRL debut with us coming through the feeder clubs as juniors... and yes we don’t have that many junior clubs thanks to souffs. The inclusion of Cronk in the team has made Keary, Manu, Mitchell, Toupo and the rest become great players. That would not have happened if we stuck with Jnr Jnr.

The system is the system and I believe we’ve play by the rules and until someone can prove that we are doing something dodgy, then it’s just fans venting because their club can’t do the same. Let’s not forget that Manly are very much hated by other fans because they perceive that they always managed to get the best players, in the past. We’re Manly buying premierships too? I feel that Politis looked at the way Manly were doing things and copied it. It’s the way that successful clubs do things. Even clubs with big juniors nursery still buy players from outside like Penrith, Parra, Cronulla, St George Yet they don’t get the same success.

There are a lot of reasons I don’t hate Manly because I thought they were always a very good and successful club side that I admire even when we went through a period when we could never beat them. I respect their competitive attitude. I also admired that they stuck with the ARL instead of the money hungry clubs that nearly destroyed the comp with super league... Someone else here said that they only appreciated the Roosters for doing the same thing. Another reason I always like Manly was because back in the 80s I was working in Sydney with this guy who was Manly through and through. Anyone living in the Manly area back then might have know Kevin McGaretty. He was a character and I always remembered how much he loved the club. Not sure where he is if he’s still around. He’s probably in his 70s.

Finally, as for Politis, well non Manly fans were always whinging about Arthurson when he was in charge. Did Arthurson do anything illegal? .. Well Nick is our Arthurson and we are happy that he invests a lot of his life for the club.

Ok that was a lot...

Good luck to you on Sunday - Manly is coming to get you in 2020 :rock:
Apart from the last few games, Manly always gave us trouble even if they had a team full reserves so I wouldn’t be surprised if they do. I was pissed off of how souffs ‘dudded’ you guys in that last game with a big dive. If I had a choice on who I would like to meet in this GF it would be souffs because there’s nothing better than to beat those divers and seeing Crowe shove his thumb up his arse. Then i would choose Manly because it would be a great game especially to give you guys a chance to get some revenge for 2013...Still though we would have won lol! The other teams don’t really interest me.

Thanks for the wishes!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7