Roosters v Raiders Grand Final Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyone got a family pass they looking to offload for the Grandfinal?

Raiders only managed to score 16 points against a Souths defence that we put 26 on with a depleted side and 12 men for a quarter of the game. Don't see where there points are going to come from against one of the better defences in the comp.

Well Politis and now Bouris have come out swinging about all these allegations from fans and some boofhead called Tallis. Politis & Bouris have put the club at the forefront inviting anyone to investigate it. Meanwhile Buzz, Kent, Weidler, Webster and now some journo that I don’t recognise have come out explaining how the roosters do it. Now you might not respect these journos but they can’t all be in Politis pocket as some other fans think. Meanwhile other fans continue with the allegations which they can’t prove. As for the players we have atm, only Cronk was a superstar. Tedesco was good but had not reached the quality of player he is now. Keary was discarded by Souths, thanks Russell. Jared only played what 4 games for you guys. Takeiaho only played 1 game for the warriors. BMoz was shafted from the dogs and we picked him up for peanuts cause he was going to be some kind of back up for Hall who hasn’t done much. The rest have all made their NRL debut with us coming through the feeder clubs as juniors... and yes we don’t have that many junior clubs thanks to souffs. The inclusion of Cronk in the team has made Keary, Manu, Mitchell, Toupo and the rest become great players. That would not have happened if we stuck with Jnr Jnr.

The system is the system and I believe we’ve play by the rules and until someone can prove that we are doing something dodgy, then it’s just fans venting because their club can’t do the same. Let’s not forget that Manly are very much hated by other fans because they perceive that they always managed to get the best players, in the past. We’re Manly buying premierships too? I feel that Politis looked at the way Manly were doing things and copied it. It’s the way that successful clubs do things. Even clubs with big juniors nursery still buy players from outside like Penrith, Parra, Cronulla, St George Yet they don’t get the same success.

There are a lot of reasons I don’t hate Manly because I thought they were always a very good and successful club side that I admire even when we went through a period when we could never beat them. I respect their competitive attitude. I also admired that they stuck with the ARL instead of the money hungry clubs that nearly destroyed the comp with super league... Someone else here said that they only appreciated the Roosters for doing the same thing. Another reason I always like Manly was because back in the 80s I was working in Sydney with this guy who was Manly through and through. Anyone living in the Manly area back then might have know Kevin McGaretty. He was a character and I always remembered how much he loved the club. Not sure where he is if he’s still around. He’s probably in his 70s.

Finally, as for Politis, well non Manly fans were always whinging about Arthurson when he was in charge. Did Arthurson do anything illegal? .. Well Nick is our Arthurson and we are happy that he invests a lot of his life for the club.

Ok that was a lot...

I’ve gotta ask, What the fuuck are you doing on a Manly site peddling your Rorters bulshiit? Fuk off back to the chook pen.
And Go the Raiders.

Roger is a good guy , very respectful when he comes on here , and never to gloat after a win.

I fired him up with some Sombrero comments and his response was pretty fair.

Anyone who likens Arko to Politis can get fvcked. Arko is a gentleman of the highest order, the other, a slimey snake oil salesmen cvnt of a man. I don’t care how respectful RR maybe, his diatribe makes me sick.(Not having a go at you mate, you know I love ya.And please keep up your Sutton cartel hate, love it.).
But read through his five paragraphs of Rorters propaganda.(apart from the bone he thru us about old Manly mate....clever).
Very subtle as a whole, but also absolute bullshiit. (developed their own juniors...Farrk me).

He’s a good man our @Roger_Ramjet , one of the decent other team supporters on here.

I'll just drop this in here for you.

No reason.

images

As for the players we have atm, only Cronk was a superstar. Tedesco was good but had not reached the quality of player he is now. Keary was discarded by Souths, thanks Russell. Jared only played what 4 games for you guys. Takeiaho only played 1 game for the warriors. BMoz was shafted from the dogs and we picked him up for peanuts cause he was going to be some kind of back up for Hall who hasn’t done much. The rest have all made their NRL debut with us coming through the feeder clubs as juniors... and yes we don’t have that many junior clubs thanks to souffs. The inclusion of Cronk in the team has made Keary, Manu, Mitchell, Toupo and the rest become great players. That would not have happened if we stuck with Jnr Jnr.
Hi Roger, nice argument. Except...
Haha, Tedesco was already an Origin player and the reigning Dally M fullback of the year when the Chooks signed him.
Keary was already a premiership winning 5/8 (and described by the Chooks on his signing announcement as a gifted playmaker who obviously had his best years ahead of him).
Guys like JWH and Taukeiaho were obvious stars in waiting (JWH had already played a test for NZ so you can hardly claim you developed him as a junior).
BMoz shafted? You make it sound as though he was washed up and you revived him, in reality he's a top player but the Dogs were in salary cap disarray. Ryan Hall is the best English winger in memory but no doubt you got him on a minimum contract (lol) hope so because he can't even make your first grade squad.
Oh yes and let's sign the next big thing, then-current Origin star Crichton, and we'll sit him on the bench just as a back-up.

All very well to sign the best juniors money can buy and then pretend you 'developed' them, but in reality your team was still a mess until revived by the simple addition of SBW oh yes I almost forgot, plus Jennings and Maloney at the same time. Even the Titans would have done well with those blokes coming in.

So yes the Chookies have done very well in recruitment and we and every other club are jealous, but don't pretend it hasn't
come down to buying star talent. And let's face it, it's no secret the richest people spend big on tax lawyers to find loopholes (either legal or semi-legal or illegal) and why would anyone think Politis hasn't done the same with his toy footy club?
Anyway, all this will only make it sweeter when we beat the Chooks next year.
And if you do happen to lose the GF, I would love it to be via a couple of undetected forward passes!

Hi Roger, nice argument. Except...
Haha, Tedesco was already an Origin player and the reigning Dally M fullback of the year when the Chooks signed him.
Keary was already a premiership winning 5/8 (and described by the Chooks on his signing announcement as a gifted playmaker who obviously had his best years ahead of him).
Guys like JWH and Taukeiaho were obvious stars in waiting (JWH had already played a test for NZ so you can hardly claim you developed him as a junior).
BMoz shafted? You make it sound as though he was washed up and you revived him, in reality he's a top player but the Dogs were in salary cap disarray. Ryan Hall is the best English winger in memory but no doubt you got him on a minimum contract (lol) hope so because he can't even make your first grade squad.
Oh yes and let's sign the next big thing, then-current Origin star Crichton, and we'll sit him on the bench just as a back-up.

All very well to sign the best juniors money can buy and then pretend you 'developed' them, but in reality your team was still a mess until revived by the simple addition of SBW oh yes I almost forgot, plus Jennings and Maloney at the same time. Even the Titans would have done well with those blokes coming in.

So yes the Chookies have done very well in recruitment and we and every other club are jealous, but don't pretend it hasn't
come down to buying star talent. And let's face it, it's no secret the richest people spend big on tax lawyers to find loopholes (either legal or semi-legal or illegal) and why would anyone think Politis hasn't done the same with his toy footy club?
Anyway, all this will only make it sweeter when we beat the Chooks next year.
And if you do happen to lose the GF, I would love it to be via a couple of undetected forward passes!
Especially the forward passes, “ 2013 retribution”.

Never in my life have i wanted a non manly team to win as much as on sunday. I think they got buckleys chance to win,but theres always a glimmer of hope. Go raiders!!.

Going to be the pessimist and hope there is an absolute howler of a decision on the result
But for the record I’ll be cheering the Raiders

Well we managed to lose the 1995 grand final, so anything is possible on the day.
NYEagle

Funny thing about that day, don’t know how I managed it but I got great seats at the SFS, almost beside where the players ran out.

I happened to be sitting next to a mate who was a Bulldogs supporter.

We were raging favourites.

As they ran out I said to him “ oh **** they look really nervous”.

Little did I know how much that was.

Although a 7 tackle try to seal the game killed any chance of a win ( scored by of all people Matthew Ryan a Moree boy who had only the year before been playing for the Moree Blue Boars).

Funny thing is Matt came back to play for the Boars a few years later as I raised the issue with him , did you know it was the 7th??, “ **** yeah” he said “but the ref was waving last tackle so I went for it”.

Funny thing about that day, don’t know how I managed it but I got great seats at the SFS, almost beside where the players ran out.

I happened to be sitting next to a mate who was a Bulldogs supporter.

We were raging favourites.

As they ran out I said to him “ oh **** they look really nervous”.

Little did I know how much that was.

Although a 7 tackle try to seal the game killed any chance of a win ( scored by of all people Matthew Ryan a Moree boy who had only the year before been playing for the Moree Blue Boars).

Funny thing is Matt came back to play for the Boars a few years later as I raised the issue with him , did you know it was the 7th??, “ **** yeah” he said “but the ref was waving last tackle so I went for it”.
It was Solo cutting his arm open and missing the game, Lamb taking out Cliffy and the 7th tackle try that no commentator ever remembers :swear:

Lost only 3 games in 1995 but one was the GF :banghead:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8