Roosters v Raiders Grand Final Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great read. Not that I agree with a lot but that is what opinions are about. Until there is hard evidence that we are rorting the cap, then it’s nothing.These allegations from fans have been going on for many many years, before Greenberg, before Smith and before Gallop. Next year V’Landy takes over and we’ll see but my money is there will be nothing to see, then again I haven’t got any money lol!

And yes I look forward to playing Manly because it’s a good contest. I don’t think there’s any hatred between the two clubs much like the hatred we have for Souths. The Chookpen was 90% supporting Manly in your last game. Next year what will happen? Well we should win well when we meet you but I’ve said that before and have come out if it pretty pretty sad...Your club is tough. And BTW, I was watching the NRL.com inside league show last night and they had Jake T as a guest and one of the hosts asked him if he was going for the Raiders as the underdogs and his response was ‘No way im going for the Roosters!’ At least we have one of your favourite sons on our side! @;)
The Turbos coach and their younger brother Luke played with Sam Verrills at the Mona Vale Raiders :nod:
image.ashx

Ironically they play in Roosters colours but their mascot is Raiders :)

It was from Maloney to Minichiello immediately before SKD's try. Gould has no problems calling it out as such.

At 4:25

As a side note, it has always bewildered me how the Roosters, the most penalised side of the entire 2013 season, won the penalty count of that match 8-2.

Oh yeah I think I remember that... is that before or after the penalty try where J Lyons did a Souths Sydney dive?

Ok I get where you all are going with it. If we would have lost that game, we would have been pissed off with that try being awarded because we felt that Lyons made a bit too much of it. That’s what we thought at the time and much like Gagai made a lot of Jake Ts grab which was an appalling decision by the refs. Yes that pass from Maloney to Mini looked forward. I can’t answer for the refs back then but all I can say about that is that they made a call and the bunker cannot rule on forward passes. Another thing is that we are one of the most penalised teams in the comp every year, so it’s not like we are being looked after. We are not Souths. So as far as that grand final goes, we didn’t cheat Manly in any way... the officials have to answer for that. If you want to remember a team that cheated you then you have to look at that game v Canberra where Rapana Leilua and the rest where taunting Dylan Walker before he was going to take a kick at goal. That is blatant cheating.

Last edited:
Not being at all sexist in this statement but I’m surprised to see the Women’s final in the more “ prime time “ late afternoon rather than the NSW/ QCup game.

I would have thought the State GF would be the lead up game.

Don’t get me wrong I’m delighted the girls are playing, but at this early stage with 4 sides and just a few games to get to a GF situation to me it’s the “ lesser” game.

On 2SM yesterday Hughes was also saying that he thought it was ridiculous to have the women’s game as a lead up to the GF as their comp is still doesn’t have quality as the interstate comp.

Some caller rang and said that they’ll get it right one day and it will go back to being the women go back to being before the interstate cup, but I doubt it cause the lefties will protest about the women’s comp being discriminated and we all know the NRL don’t want to have women disappointed... even though most female rugby league fans don’t care much for the women’s game.

Oh yeah I think I remember that... is that before or after the penalty try where J Lyons did a Souths Sydney dive?

Ok I get where you all are going with it. If we would have lost that game, we would have been pissed off with that try being awarded because we felt that Lyons made a bit too much of it.

The penalty try was about the only call we got all game. Would you have preferred that or 10 in the bin for Aubusson?

Ancient history now... but we haven't forgotten.

pretty sure Leilua will eye gouge Cronk in the first five and Josh Papalii will iron JWH out in the first hit up and then they cruise to a 13+ win.
Sportsbet should frame a market for the first one. And you should be able to double down on wether he takes one or both eyes out.

Just saw the list of the greatest Grand final winning margins of all time.

#2008whataday
#2008whatateam
My daughter still thinks I’m joking when she has asked me what the best day of my life was.....expecting the obligatory, "but it is the day you were born my only child" answer. I keep telling her it was a tightly run race, but the boys pipped her at the post.You just can’t go past 40 Nil.

The big day is here, really couldn’t give a flying **** but I’ll still watch it.
This will be my 13th gf in a row being going to Anz since 2007 nrl gf day.
Enjoy a good day of rugby league, don’t like how the women’s game is second and that it is the state championship would much like the day like this

Qld cup final
Nsw cup final
Women’s final
Main nrl final

A genuine day of finals but will never happen as this involves some form of common sense which this nrl admin find it hard to use.

As much as I want a raiders win tonight can only see really it being roosters by 13+, raiders to me look like us in 2007 a year too early in the GF.

Raiders lead 10-8 at half time
Roosters run away with it 28-12 final score.
Cordner Clive Churchill medal.

Yes I’m reiterating this is nothing to do with sexism, I’m delighted the girls are playing and it’s actually great footy BUT they play like four games.

The State Cup Boys toil for 12 months of training / playing and are pushed back to the non descript lunch time “ no one gives a ****” timeslot.

To me it’s grossly unfair.
Mate what do you expect from this inept administration.

This will be my 13th gf in a row being going to Anz since 2007 nrl gf day.
Enjoy a good day of rugby league, don’t like how the women’s game is second and that it is the state championship would much like the day like this

Qld cup final
Nsw cup final
Women’s final
Main nrl final

A genuine day of finals but will never happen as this involves some form of common sense which this nrl admin find it hard to use.

As much as I want a raiders win tonight can only see really it being roosters by 13+, raiders to me look like us in 2007 a year too early in the GF.

Raiders lead 10-8 at half time
Roosters run away with it 28-12 final score.
Cordner Clive Churchill medal.
Common sense would say you wouldn’t play a qld final in nsw imo.

The GF is small potatoes. The big news according to the Courier Mail is how Canberra stole Josh Papalii from the Broncos when he was 13 because they couldn't afford to pay him $200 a week. Of course he's never played for the Broncos in his life but those Canberra bastards poached him alright.....
NRL grand final: Canberra Raiders signed Josh Papalii from Logan for $200-a-week
Peter Badel Exclusive, The Courier-Mail

"Queensland Origin hitman Josh Papalii rejected a chance to play for the Broncos after being poached by Canberra on a $200-a-week contract in one of the greatest bargain buys in NRL history.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the extraordinary cut-price contact that broke Brisbane’s hearts and delivered Papalii to the Raiders in his journey to a maiden grand-final appearance against the Roosters tonight at ANZ Stadium.

As a 13-year-old, Papalii was one of the most promising talents in Brisbane’s nursery and had been identified as a future Queensland Origin star, with two clubs – the Broncos and Canberra – vying for his signature."

Going for a Raiders win but will have a small sense of dismay if this does eventuate considering that Manly of course have beaten them twice this season and the Roosters are one team traditionally that relatively injury free Manly sides are very competitive against [ dubious salary cap issues aside ]. Really do not care that much one way or another but certainly do hope that Manly can field mainly full strength sides in coming seasons during what should be their premiership window of opportunities times .

Don’t forget for those of us in Queensland that those to the south have moved an hour ahead of us today so any times you see advertised will be an hour earlier up here.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8