RLW - Monaghan is NRL's worst captain

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mata i was taking a snapshot of AE to give an example of how a small sample size can give misleading figures.

Having said that i have not had my braincells repeatedly beaten out of me like through years of football like former internationals so maybe im in a better position to think about such issues.

So you're questioning the standing of those boys in the game?

(And we've proved Monaghan has a glass jaw, big deal)

based on the aforementioned criteria it wouldnt suprise me if i rated monas above others. In a year and a half he (as captain, chief organiser and playmaker) has taken wooden spoon battlers to the top 8.

I would have to sit down and work it out to be sure of coarse.

Do you think that wouldn't have happened if Kennedy wasn't captain?

How did our side go when Kennedy was on SOO duty?

I think it's harsh to rate the following above Monas:

Harrison: Only a few weeks in the job.
Norton: On the durability score.
Woolford: Monas might have battles with the ref but at least he's on the field.

I dont think Bk would have made any difference last year, which is when monas may have been best value to the manly team - keeping the record clean of a spoon.

Bk as a captain has a far from fantastic repour with the referees as well, however i still feel he would go well. That said based on other appearences i can see him being just as disliked, especially considering he is now in manly colours. But at this stage who knows??

to that list you should add both Ricketson & Gower. Both are captains of teams that were expected to be prominent in this years final series and they are highly unlkley to do so. Both of missed a number of games through injury, there goes the duralibility factor, on the score of being a role model there have been a number of questions of Ricketson.

At the end of the day our captain has led our team that has not been out of the top 8 for the entire season, how many other teams can claim that this year? MM may not be the greatest captain, but on that list he is a long way from the worst.

Ricketson and Gower are clearer figureheads at their clubs.

Monaghan has been a sitting duck for most of the year and it seems to me as though BK has been doing a lot of the things you'd expect a captain to do.

Ok Byso - now, your kidding right?

Rickertson has represented State & Country, and given his heart to one club for a very, very long time. He has come out in the media, and said he would take a substantial pay cut to remain a Rooster. He is a QUALITY footballer, who's team lifts when he is on the park.

Now consider Michael Monaghan. I think the story is now put to bed.

Note Michael Monaghan has had to apologise officially in the media about the way he handled things.

If some girl is infatuated with Rickertson, so what?

And you think i'm kidding.

Roosters are a team of stars and will probably miss the semis.

He's hardly the great leader.

We all know that theres more that Ricko gets up to than what you've spoken off. No need to alaborate though as most people would have an idea.

Corso Pete, if they're taking a longer term view than this season then Monaghan's durability is correct. How many games did he play in 2003/4? How many did he miss?

:roll: 8| :doh:

I'm no fan of Monaghan as captain or as a player but this poll is just useless IMO. Most of the guys listed have some negative connotations attached to their name. Wayne Pearce and Graham Lowe as judges I can cop but David Middleton is just a glorified trainspotter.

There are plenty of reasons to not rate Monaghan, but you're clutching at straws if you're going to use this poll as proof that you're right.

PS I'm sure Kennedy would rate much higher than Monaghan did :lol2:

based on the aforementioned criteria it wouldnt suprise me if i rated monas above others. In a year and a half he (as captain, chief organiser and playmaker) has taken wooden spoon battlers to the top 8.

I would have to sit down and work it out to be sure of coarse.

you hope he has taken them to top 8.what if we lose the last 3 and finish 11th.

i know , i am sick in the guts from the thought of it,because if that were to occur our season has been a massive failure.

We are currently in the top 8. I wasnt going to get into what if's.

Monas has done all right for a person with limited experience and standing, to say he is the worst on the above criteria is a bit far fetched for mine.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6