Reuben Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reuben still is too flat in attack (as was every player in the last 2 weeks :banghead:) and tends to run crossfield looking for support.

He should just run straight and kick infield or take the tackle :nod:

His goal kicks are flawless :clap:

Oh! I get it! Took me a while! Very funny, Kevin, I liked your comment. Fair call, In fairness both used us to get a better deal. At end of day we couldn't match the dollars.
Keep the info coming mate. You get a whole lot more than most of us on here, and my comment was very much in jest.

Get the impression that Reuben is quite fast but not a real speedster but think that he has done really well so far in his rookie year . Never a good tackling tendency to arm grab and in particular out wide defensively but he seems to do enough to still measure up in defence . Also very willing to take the necessary hit ups , hardly a powerhouse but effective enough nevertheless . As other posters have mentioned , seems a safe and very handy type of winger and finisher in the Robbo mould and his sharp goal kicking and versatility is another very useful bonus also of course .

Get the impression that Reuben is quite fast but not a real speedster but think that he has done really well so far in his rookie year . Never a good tackling tendency to arm grab and in particular out wide defensively but he seems to do enough to still measure up in defence . Also very willing to take the necessary hit ups , hardly a powerhouse but effective enough nevertheless . As other posters have mentioned , seems a safe and very handy type of winger and finisher in the Robbo mould and his sharp goal kicking and versatility is another very useful bonus also of course .

Agree his not scary quick like Roberts, Ado Carr etc however does have some reasonable toe. I think the value of his goal kicking will ensure he has a solid NRL career. Needs to put on some size and has the frame to do it, so that will come as he is only young.

I'm continually amazed at this young man's progress. We've had a team of gems unearthed this yeah ( God it's good having DES back), but Garrick has stood out to me as one of the best debutants since turbo.

The fact that he's our first choice kicker and top try scorer in his first year... It's pretty special.

Garrick is my favourite Manly player in this current team that we have this year. His overall importance is not to be taken lightly,as this guy is going to be a huge influence to our side. Like Turbo, he has all the qualities. JetSki is another that is heading down the same road from what I have noticed of late. Anyone who can put their bodies on the line for the team is a huge influence and stands a great chance of being successful as a player. If you can take the big hits without fear effecting your play, then that has to be a good thing. Anyone can learn to smash someone else but can you take it without it effecting your game? I think Garrick and JetSki can. So far so good. As for JetSki I think he has gained a lot of confidence from the last 2 games he’s played in first grade.

Article on Reuben....

Hasler's 'nitpicking' helping Garrick go to next level
Troy Whittaker - NRL.com Reporter Sat 7 Dec 2019

Reuben Garrick enjoyed a dream debut season but that hasn't stopped Manly coach Des Hasler and his staff "nitpicking" at some finer points of the winger's game.

Moving to the Sea Eagles after being denied a shot at the Dragons, the goal-kicking Garrick proved his worth with a team-best 16 tries as they defied the odds and reached week two of the finals.

The 22-year-old was then selected in the successful Prime Minister's XIII, Australia World Cup 9s and Junior Kangaroos teams.

But Garrick refuses to rest on his laurels and the pre-season grind has begun to ensure he avoids second-year syndrome, with Hasler and co identifying a few minor areas where the speedster can improve.

"I just really want to work on my game and take it to another level next year," Garrick told NRL.com.

"Especially with the coaching staff like Des and Chad Randall and Michael Monaghan, they're nitpicking. It's good, we need them to do that.

"There are just technical things like with my defence, coming out of yardage certain ways, techniques I can use to find a quicker play-the-ball.

"Just little things like that I want to incorporate into my game and also build some consistency and go a lot better than I did this year, hopefully. That's the plan."

Full story with RG trys video here: Reuben Garrick: Coach Des Hasler helping winger improve by 'nitpicking'

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6