Reuben Garrick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
If we were to tally points for player performances over the first three rounds, I think Garrick is on top. Three really strong performances to start his career. He is a really good competitor, runs well out of dummy half, knows when to cut back in to avoid going into touch and looks to have safe hands.

I like that he grabbed that ball that looked like it would probably go dead in the first half, as Hiku was lurking and I hate seeing those freakish flick back tries...there is no need to take those risks in spite of the commentators implying that it would have gone dead.

Last week Garrick did a good job of filling at fullback for half an hour and the best thing I noticed was when he found himself defending in the line and Hargraves went to take a hit up and Garrick charged in and ripped his shoulder straight into the tackle; he has some guts this kid! Really impressed during preseason and is backing it up on the paddock!

Has sure grabbed his opportunity thus far, and will only get better as he gets accustomed to NRL pace and his confidence grows. A more clean-cut version of the Wolfman maybe?

Last week Garrick did a good job of filling at fullback for half an hour and the best thing I noticed was when he found himself defending in the line and Hargraves went to take a hit up and Garrick charged in and ripped his shoulder straight into the tackle; he has some guts this kid! Really impressed during preseason and is backing it up on the paddock!

Watching from the Fulton/Menzies stand, Garrick whilst filling in at fullback was also directing the defense around. Maybe he should be the backup fullback this year.

Good young player in his only 3 game NRL career and has all the attributes to keep improving

Has great speed , safe with the ball and a competent defender

Definitely an up grade from all the backs that our club let go last season

Watching from the Fulton/Menzies stand, Garrick whilst filling in at fullback was also directing the defense around. Maybe he should be the backup fullback this year.

I think that's the way Des eye's him too and that's why he has not played him in the centres. I like him as a winger and young hoppa will fill the centre spot in due course.

He is impressive and a keeper no doubt.

Twice let a ball bounce in front of him from a kick, cant be doing that! Im sure des will rev him for that. Personally I would have rather he let the ball kicked in goal bounce one more time, it was going dead but fair enough to take a safe option there. Fast Strong runner and good yardage, definitely a keeper, just dont let that ball bounce in front of you off kicks.

I'd be interested to see how fast he truly is... a few have mentioned his speed on here but yet to fully witness it in open field... in the dry... excited to see this!

Yes id also like to see him in the clear, preseason the talk was he was fastest in the club. Couple of times ive seen him in space hasn't quite lived up to that express pace, but being picky now!
Don't know if its just fatigue or carrying a leg injury, he did look a little hampered by something late in the game.
Nonetheless, definitely a goer and a keeper - best thing about him is he has a footy brain (unlike most wingers) and knows the art of positional play.

Third string behind Hoppa for sure
And always ahead of Parker at centre : )

Yes id also like to see him in the clear, preseason the talk was he was fastest in the club. Couple of times ive seen him in space hasn't quite lived up to that express pace, but being picky now!
Don't know if its just fatigue or carrying a leg injury, he did look a little hampered by something late in the game.
Nonetheless, definitely a goer and a keeper - best thing about him is he has a footy brain (unlike most wingers) and knows the art of positional play.

After Peter Schuster left the club I thought Anderson was the fastest squad member, but Reuben I vaguely recall had a preseason story about his speed..
Anyone have any insight to the players sprint times at training? :praying:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8