RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nicho's manly NYC highlights show him doing what he does now. He carved up other teams as a 6,7, 1 and 14. The change at manly with Barrett was bad timing, it coincided with Nicho having quite a bad broken wrist, and there was no place for him apparently when he recovered, so he went to Qld cup prior to the storm.

Take a look. You can see parker and tom in some games.

Everyone except Barrett knew Hynes was a good player in under 20's

Barrett should have spent less time in the pub and more time looking at junior players

Lets hope he does the same at Parramatta now

Interesting now Suli saying that "I didn’t want to come here" to his move to the Dragons. And "he (Fifita) didn’t want to come, he loved it over there at Manly".

Strange. Could it be the managers who initiate the moves without even asking the players if they want to leave and the players then find out after the deal is done? How much power do these managers have? Wouldn't you want to be involved in this process if you were the player? I know I would.

How did we miss out on Hynes. Didn't we need a decent 5/8th at the time?
Hynes was not in the right head space at the time.Took him a few yrs to finally be the player he is today,so do Manly ride through the tough yrs with him and hope things change or let him go to find himself.He may not of turned out like this if he stayed at Manly.Just one of those situations,just like JAC at the Tigers

Interesting now Suli saying that "I didn’t want to come here" to his move to the Dragons. And "he (Fifita) didn’t want to come, he loved it over there at Manly".

Strange. Could it be the managers who initiate the moves without even asking the players if they want to leave and the players then find out after the deal is done? How much power do these managers have? Wouldn't you want to be involved in this process if you were the player? I know I would.
If Fifita didn’t want to go,1)he didn’t have to because he had a contract til end of next year and 2) why did his parent’s allegedly meet with the Dragons?

The managers can only put deals infront of players, it's up to the player if they want to sign or not. Clubs can add pressure by telling players they're not in future plans and will play reserve grade if they stay. Not a fan of player managers but they only have soft power. The NRL, clubs and players have hard power.

It is interesting people suggesting Hynes was screwed over by Barrett or that the club messed it up.
No one was interested in him as a 5/8,he went to Qld and played up there for a couple of seasons in anonymity until the Storm threw him a line and he got some opportunities to play fullback with the sunshine coast and then got a few opportunities at the NRL level.
The sharks threw some biggish money to play in the halves even though he had mainly played fullback with the Storm because his talents translated to both positions.

If Fifita didn’t want to go,1)he didn’t have to because he had a contract til end of next year and 2) why did his parent’s allegedly meet with the Dragons?
No idea about the family situations of these players, but... would it be a shock to learn there was family pressure (or at least, that the player felt some pressure or obligation) to take a much bigger $ offer rather that stay with mates on lesser coin?
We just don't know all the ins and outs really.

In this case it appears the parents are meeting with managers, seeking bigger offers, sending their kids after the $$.

Hynes was not in the right head space at the time.Took him a few yrs to finally be the player he is today,so do Manly ride through the tough yrs with him and hope things change or let him go to find himself.He may not of turned out like this if he stayed at Manly.Just one of those situations,just like JAC at the Tigers
That is interesting to hear, I’m sure you’re right if he had a few tough years.

All I can see is the 2016 highlights look exactly like the player he has become. So he fulfilled his potential in the end.

The question is would the players still be here if Manly really wanted them?

I seem to recall that Des was happy for Suli to leave

I’m ok with the swap.

Tuitavake is injured. Chad Randall was predicting he’d be debuting 3 years ago. Hasn’t happened. Even Saints have only signed him on a development contract.

Fifita is promising, but behind Fainu and Sykes. He was on the bench for Blacktown.

Woods can play first grade at a high standard now. It’s not about potential for him.

There are 4 or 5 young blokes with potential in first grade already at manly. Schuster, koula, Tuipulotu, burbo, weekes.

You can’t realistically expect manly to challenge for top 4 or better with another 2 young blokes in 1sts with potential but no nrl experience??

It’s about squad balance, we’ve been waiting on junior potential for 5 years without much success. At some point it has to be about “this year” instead of some potentially bright future.

I’m ok with the swap.

Tuitavake is injured. Chad Randall was predicting he’d be debuting 3 years ago. Hasn’t happened. Even Saints have only signed him on a development contract.

Fifita is promising, but behind Fainu and Sykes. He was on the bench for Blacktown.

Woods can play first grade at a high standard now. It’s not about potential for him.

There are 4 or 5 young blokes with potential in first grade already at manly. Schuster, koula, Tuipulotu, burbo, weekes.

You can’t realistically expect manly to challenge for top 4 or better with another 2 young blokes in 1sts with potential but no nrl experience??

It’s about squad balance, we’ve been waiting on junior potential for 5 years without much success. At some point it has to be about “this year” instead of some potentially bright future.
Exactly! And keeping Olakau’atu happy is very, very high on our list of priorities!

Our club gave Fifita permission to negotiate with Saints. He wasn't secretly signed for next year and stolen.

Storm or Rosters would just buy a good player they let go back when the time was right Props are usually in their prime late 20s.

Unfortunately for Suli he might have meant originally he didn’t want to go to Saints but now his there he plays the best he can Most likely be the same with Fifita who knows. If you can get more money that’s what’s it about to the majority of players these days

I know that many on here see this as positive or at least not negative maybe neutral.
But it still grinds me letting go of young potential talent like Fifita while we get Woods ,and still have players like Boyle on the books .I get it might give us cash to help with retaining Oka and Koula ,but we also let Tapau go last year so where has that money gone .If GT comes into the 30 early I guess that makes a difference as well .Maybe I'm missing something but I hate seeing someone we have already put 5 yrs into walk into a shyte club like the Dragons especially when he didn't want to go (allegedly) even though his parents met Hook (allegedly).
Anyways I don't have all the info so I trust that Mestrov and Siebs etc know what they are doing and there is a greater plan that in the fullness of time will be revealed to the punters as pure genius !!
We can only believe
Go Manly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4