RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hate seeing someone we have already put 5 yrs into walk into a shyte club like the Dragons especially when he didn't want to go (allegedly) even though his parents met Hook (allegedly).
Reading between the lines, Saints were going to pay a lot more money, and his family and manager were probably excited at that prospect, so he reluctantly went ahead with the release request.
For all I know his folks already own a house at Palm Beach plus a bunch of investment properties. But if they happen to be mere renters, then an extra few 100 grand coming into the family could make a significant difference to them.

With these two players gone we have signed Woods. So we only have 29 in our NRL, has someone been promoted or are we looking around for a centre?

With these two players gone we have signed Woods. So we only have 29 in our NRL, has someone been promoted or are we looking around for a centre?
If we’re not , we should , it’s clear we are very very short in that position.

If we’re not , we should , it’s clear we are very very short in that position.
As far as I understand, Latu Fainu is also counted in the thirty. It means we are currently choosing from twenty-eight, and six of those are injured. So when they pick the team this week, they are choosing from an available squad of twenty-two plus possible development players with exemptions due to injuries in key positions (Hooker, Centre)

plus possible development players with exemptions due to injuries in key positions (Hooker, Centre)
Huh? Our centres aren't injured, nor our hooker (or he probably is actually, but I'd be amazed if he doesn't play).
The fact Lawton is hurt is irrelevant, we used Croker at 9 and Weekes at 14 before, so why would the NRL think we can't do that again?

Huh? Our centres aren't injured, nor our hooker (or he probably is actually, but I'd be amazed if he doesn't play).
The fact Lawton is hurt is irrelevant, we used Croker at 9 and Weekes at 14 before, so why would the NRL think we can't do that again?
The key word is "possible" exemptions @SeaEagleRock8 Please note our Round One team when GCKT received an injury exemption to be named in the squad, due to the "relevance" of Lawton's injury at that time. Also, note that Weekes and Croker are both named in that squad.

I would argue that we currently have three "centres" out through injury Koula, Tuipolotu and Ben Trbojevic. Plus you can add Garrick to that list as an injured outside back. So four outside backs currently injured (or cover for an outside back position in the case of Burbo), would definitely make a case for an injury exemption for Myers.

But as I said the key word in my original post was "possible"......

Saturday 4th March, Brookvale Oval (3pm)
Sea Eagles confirmed team:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Christian Tuipulotu
3. Brad Parker
4. Tolutau Koula
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Cooper Johns
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Lachlan Croker
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau’atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
17. Josh Aloiai

13. Sean Keppie
14. Kaeo Weekes
15. Ben Trbojevic
16. Ethan Bullemor

22. Gordon Chan Kum Tong

If Fifita debuts..Let's hope he doesn't kill it.. because if he does this place will implode and all the good work Seibs and Mestrov have done will go to crap.. they may as well resign

Last edited:
Specifically this week, I'm glad of the swap. The last thing this rabble of a team is another green rookie. An old head who'll do a job is exactly what we need.

Perhaps there was method in their madness in trying to balance the team a bit.

If Fifita debuts..Let's hope he doesn't kill it.. because if he does this place will implode and all the good work Seibs and Mestrov have done will go to crap.. they may as well resign
It’s looking far too early to say they’ve done good work. But I do think losing players can be inevitible (particularly in this case where the manager appears to be the one pulling the strings).

Specifically this week, I'm glad of the swap. The last thing this rabble of a team is another green rookie. An old head who'll do a job is exactly what we need.

Perhaps there was method in their madness in trying to balance the team a bit.
The old head perspective ...
What concerns me is that old heads also come with old slow legs that become a liability against a faster quality pack like the Panthers that run at you at 100 miles an hour . Woods is past his dominating peak and his speed limit

Woods was released by Cronulla to make way for their up and coming young dominant forwards
The Dragons also released Woods who could not make their struggling NRL team for an upgrade with our young and talented forwards .We could have kept one of them in Fifita but is was not to be .

I noticed in his debut for Dragons reserves last week, Fifita played 19 minutes and then a second 3 minute spell !?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6