Recruitment, good , bad and downright ugly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Last season we failed to beat a top 4 team

This season we failed to beat top 8 teams

The moral of the story
Next season we need a team rebuild

We beat the Storm and Raiders
He meant it metaphorically.
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Been waiting for a decent signing for 2 years. Nothing but the sound of crickets. I really hope there is something around the corner for us or it’s going to be a long offseason, a long season and another long offseason.

It's a necessity for bottom teams to be aggressive in the player market in a bid to improve their fortunes (obviously). Check out recruitment for the bottom 4, and compare to the 11th placed Manly

Bulldogs: Mahoney, Kikau, Sutton
Titans: Foran, Verrills, Stimson
Knights: Elliott, Hetherington, Gamble
Warriors: Niukore, Barnett, Walker, Nicoll-Klokstad, Ford, Te Maire Martin, Metcalf
Tigers: Koroisau, Papali'i

Sea Eagles: Tuilagi

Shocking list management. 0 confidence that we will avoid bottom 4 next year

He meant it metaphorically.
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office
We all know that mate. @Disco is Disco'ing again. Looking for the absolute slightest of glimpses of light to polish soooo hard it turns into a huge diamond. I think we've just got to accept that for what it is.

After games we lost by record numbers , Disco came on and complimented players and the coach. I did the opposite and got hammered for it. He got support, and I was hung out to dry.

We all set different standards I guess so the best thing is to accept diversity. This specifically isn't directed at you btw, I'm just feeling flat ATM..

We all know that mate. @Disco is Disco'ing again. Looking for the absolute slightest of glimpses of light to polish soooo hard it turns into a huge diamond. I think we've just got to accept that for what it is.

After games we lost by record numbers , Disco came on and complimented players and the coach. I did the opposite and got hammered for it. He got support, and I was hung out to dry.

We all set different standards I guess so the best thing is to accept diversity. This specifically isn't directed at you btw, I'm just feeling flat ATM..
Yeah quite a few Manly fans probably feeling flat these days, and I know you've been through more than most. For me, I realised some time ago that I just can't afford to get too stressed or further upset about footy as my flatness threshold is already on red line thanks to various other circumstances (!)
I can see the sense in a lot of the negative predictions for us in 2023 but at the same time a lot of that is merely opinion. We'll all find out in due course 'the fullness of time' etc

Meanwhile I can clearly picture Kelma whats-his-name bursting through off a tricky Schu pass to score a try - again and again, all season long! Maybe I'm delusional but don't disturb me, I'm content with that image, haha.

Yeah quite a few Manly fans probably feeling flat these days, and I know you've been through more than most. For me, I realised some time ago that I just can't afford to get too stressed or further upset about footy as my flatness threshold is already on red line thanks to various other circumstances (!)
I can see the sense in a lot of the negative predictions for us in 2023 but at the same time a lot of that is merely opinion. We'll all find out in due course 'the fullness of time' etc

Meanwhile I can clearly picture Kelma whats-his-name bursting through off a tricky Schu pass to score a try - again and again, all season long! Maybe I'm delusional but don't disturb me, I'm content with that image, haha.

Well I DEFINITELY won't mention they'll be on opposite sides of the field then mate! Hehehehe

Hahaha I've said it a million times, its not about positivity or suger coating.

I just respond to comments that I believe are either hyperbolic or misinformation.

People can make points without have to exaggerate.

In this case the comment was...and I paraphrase, 'I dont believe any Manly players would make the Penrith team'. Now clearly a few players would make the 17.

Is that saying we are good? No
Is that saying we are competing with Penrith? No
Is that saying I am happy with the team atm? No

Just responding to what I believe is a hyperbolic and exaggerated point.

Now to your response that he was comparing players in position. If that had been the point made then it is close to being a very fair comment (personally I think Turbo is streets ahead of Edwards but each their own), but it wasnt, hence my response.

Likewise when people say "we cant beat a top 8 team". It is a exaggerated comment because we beat two this year. Am I happy with that? Of course not, we should be beating most of if not all teams. But it doesn't change the fact it is misinformation. A better comment that wouldnt draw a response is "We currently struggle to beat top 8 teams", because that is accurate.

As for this "Disco is only positive" nonsense it is clearly untrue, go search my posts.

But if far right is negative and far left is positive then I sit left of centre, but that doesn't make me the opposite of extreme right.

Manly fans are very proud of our Legendary club and are used to our historical high competitive standards

Last season was a very disappointing underachieving season that never lived up to our great clubs high expectations

The best way to predict a positive future is to create it and I am hopeful the proud Manly people at our club will be working hard to avoid another embarrassing season

Take it away Winston !

See the source image

Last edited:
Consolation prize Perspective time ......

Over all we struggled badly against all top 8 teams having 2 wins against them all season

Consolation prize for a 11th spot on the ladder with minus 105

We were one of the biggest underachievers of the year
One of, you are to kind, after finishing 4th last year, who flopped worse than us?

If there was a trophy for biggest underachievers, it would have our name on it for 2022.

Consolation prize Perspective time ......

Over all we struggled badly against all top 8 teams having 2 wins against them all season

Consolation prize for a 11th spot on the ladder with minus 105

We were one of the biggest underachievers of the year
Agreed, improvements certainly needed

One of, you are to kind, after finishing 4th last year, who flopped worse than us?

If there was a trophy for biggest underachievers, it would have our name on it for 2022.
Our top 4 season was at the back of a one man Tom team

and as soon as the Top teams worked out how to shut down Tom they shut down Manly

and our coach Des Hasler had no answers to counteract that

Our coach persisted with the same underperforming game plans and the same players which resulted in the same underperforming results

Des was better than that in the past an I hope he proves in 2023 he is not past it

Last edited:
Hahaha I've said it a million times, its not about positivity or suger coating.

I just respond to comments that I believe are either hyperbolic or misinformation.

People can make points without have to exaggerate.

In this case the comment was...and I paraphrase, 'I dont believe any Manly players would make the Penrith team'. Now clearly a few players would make the 17.

Is that saying we are good? No
Is that saying we are competing with Penrith? No
Is that saying I am happy with the team atm? No

Just responding to what I believe is a hyperbolic and exaggerated point.

Now to your response that he was comparing players in position. If that had been the point made then it is close to being a very fair comment (personally I think Turbo is streets ahead of Edwards but each their own), but it wasnt, hence my response.

Likewise when people say "we cant beat a top 8 team". It is a exaggerated comment because we beat two this year. Am I happy with that? Of course not, we should be beating most of if not all teams. But it doesn't change the fact it is misinformation. A better comment that wouldnt draw a response is "We currently struggle to beat top 8 teams", because that is accurate.

As for this "Disco is only positive" nonsense it is clearly untrue, go search my posts.

But if far right is negative and far left is positive then I sit left of centre, but that doesn't make me the opposite of extreme right.

You're just too exacting Disco. It's like saying we've been a .400 team since Des return. You'd correct the person and say we've been a .458482948483 team, as a disagreement by suggesting we've been better.

We didn't beat top 8 teams in 2022. Yes, 1.5 wins against just two, but you knew what he meant, but wanted to refute it by being exacting. As you can see 99% of others knew what he meant.

We are horrible against top 8 teams. Look at the average scores against us in all those games. Des didn't adapt to the game changes like most other clubs did. We were 3 wins, 4 losses (same % or there abouts to end the season) when TOM played !

Maybe we need a Disco clause to statistics. Whenever anyone quotes any number or fraction, the disco clause kicks in , where by that number is rounded up for hyperbole mitigation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6