Realistic Premiership window opens 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Any other players you want to throw in there as well.
I am very proud Manly club member

I look up to our club as the greatest club of all

I spare no one that does no live to to our Legendary clubs highest standards as the Greatest club of
all feathered friend

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n-jpg.19634

The better teams noticeably target Foz in defence. He was a weak link and I say that as someone who has a soft spot for the bloke.

Perspective time ....

We like Foz but we should like our club Manly more than any great Manly player

Because our Great club Manly made our great players who they are

And No one is Greater than our Legendary club the Manly Sea eagles !

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n-jpg.19634

We all have amazing views feathered friend
And I do not view the young Foran from a decade ago in our 2011 winning premiership grand final to the slower 2021 version

Perspective time ???
How good were you 10 years ago @Eagle 1 ???

The better teams noticeably target Foz in defence. He was a weak link and I say that as someone who has a soft spot for the bloke.
Didn't see him miss to many tackles tbh, and made a lot of tackles when we were under the pump and close to our try line.

Didn't see him miss to many tackles tbh, and made a lot of tackles when we were under the pump and close to our try line.
Have another look. They lined up one player time and again.

The tackles that he missed mattered feathered friend .

I like Foz as well and It was sad seeing him not the player he was before he left us

I hate seeing Manly The Greatest club of all 2nd 3rd 4th 5th ...

We are Number one

Lets fcking live up to it !!!

Foz played had a good season but he is at the twilight of his career and injuries have taken away his edge and he is no longer in the same class as the current crop of gun halves such as Jerome Laui, Cameron Munster and Cody Walker. Schuster is not just our future he is our now. IMO Foz is a valuable member of out top 30 but shouldn't be our starting 5/8.

Froggy was a 5/8 when he came into the NRL so he had the step, speed and nous of a pivotal player.
Perhaps, when shifted to hooker, he was under instructions to pass not run. It's either that or his injuries have restricted his attack.
Remember the way Des coached Matt Balin to play ... same same

So we get 50 /50

What happens when they shut down Nifty

Nifty is Tommy

Who will step up ???

Because the fact is we were a one Man Tommy points machine Manly team
We played poorly in the finals ,Storm game especially,I don't think they shut Turbo down and that was the reason we lost ,we didn't turn up for finals footy and made to many errors,they had 10+ more sets than us.The South's game we made to many mistakes again but we made ground with the ball,we crossed the line a number of times but didn't get the rewards, couldn't keep in the grind with to many errors

The tackles that he missed mattered feathered friend .

I like Foz as well and It was sad seeing him not the player he was before he left us
"not the player he was" ....anybody would think that he's put in a shocker of a season for us. Everybody as commented on how Foz has turned back the clock this season. Tell me, besides maybe missing some tackles like every NRL player does, what else is Foran deficient in ?

Froggy was a 5/8 when he came into the NRL so he had the step, speed and nous of a pivotal player.
Perhaps, when shifted to hooker, he was under instructions to pass not run. It's either that or his injuries have restricted his attack.
He has no attack.. even as a half! Need a smith api or cook type of player to beat the best

But that’s my point, it is broke.
If we want to just make the finals and be the next Eels team - then Foran is the answer - but he isn’t going to win us a premiership in my opinion.

I love the bloke. But he’s past his best. He doesn’t do enough and in the games I saw him in - he struggled cardio wise.

Meanwhile we have one of the greatest talents in the game being used mostly as an overweight battering ram on an edge.

We we’re so lucky to make the top 4 not having beat a team above us all year. We didn’t lift when we needed too and that for me is the cattle we have. I’d like to see some changes especially to our spine to see us go next level.

Compare Munster, Smith, Grant, Papi - Latrell, Reynolds, Walker, Cook - Cleary, a Luai, API, Edwards to our Turbo, DCE, CROKER and FORAN.

We just don’t have a top shelf spine and will be just a top 8 team until that changes.

I dream about Turbo, DCE, Schuster and Fainu. Now that’s a spine….
I feel the criticism of Foz is unjustified, did everything asked of him and more, and only a short spell out with injury. Foz wasn't the reason we didn't make the GF, our forwards didn't dominate the top 3 sides and we were ranked no1 in errors, a recipe for disaster if ever there was..

Still want a decent back up fullback and a nine who can get us on the front foot more ( croaker may be better in 23?)

I feel it’s justified, so each to their own I guess. And for the record, I’m not saying he didn’t do what was asked of him - Des is doing what he can with the squad he has - my point is that we won’t win a comp with him at 6 and Croker at 9.

I would take Cody Walker, Munster or Luai over Foz any day of the week. And I love the bloke. He’s just past his use by date.
Fair enough, will agree to disagree.

I don’t believe in the phrase”Premiership window”in the NRL
Maybe not but 14 of 21 premiers this century were top 4 the year before they won the comp.
That doesn't mean 2022 will be won by Manly Storm Souths or Panthers, but statistically it means we're twice as likely as anyone else. Also statistically - very few go back to back so put a line through Penrith. We'll be duking it out with Storm and Souths, unless one of us has a horror run with injuries.

I would take Cody Walker, Munster or Luai over Foz any day of the week.
But for what, 700, 800, 900k? Foz is costing us a mere fraction of that, sure he's lost a yard and was never a speed merchant to begin with but his toughness, skill, experience, and leadership are very valuable to us.

Well the odds are in your favour because he's probably only got one more chance and Manly is currently at $7.50 to win in '22.
But I'm backing him in :)

Manly fans are traditionally hard markers. We expect to win every year based on our proud record of premiership success. Last season was a good year for us. We finished top four and made a preliminary final. I really believe that we are not far off making the GF next year, and even potentially winning it. Foran, Croker, Parker, Harper et al will all play an important role, in what will be a significantly improved Sea Eagles team in 2022. They may not all start the season in the seventeen, and may not all finish the season in the seventeen either. They will all definitely be integral to our success next season, in whatever role Des has them playing as. Out of the top six this season I see us as having greater capacity to improve then any of the other five. Yes the premiership window is open for us, and we have every chance of winning it. Go Manly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11