Realistic Premiership window opens 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Maybe not but 14 of 21 premiers this century were top 4 the year before they won the comp.
That doesn't mean 2022 will be won by Manly Storm Souths or Panthers, but statistically it means we're twice as likely as anyone else. Also statistically - very few go back to back so put a line through Penrith. We'll be duking it out with Storm and Souths, unless one of us has a horror run with injuries.

But for what, 700, 800, 900k? Foz is costing us a mere fraction of that, sure he's lost a yard and was never a speed merchant to begin with but his toughness, skill, experience, and leadership are very valuable to us.
An other option at 5/8 is the brilliant Schuster . IMO Schuster plays best at 5/8
Foz was young like Schuster and nearing his peak when Manly won a premiership

alafua8

Reserve Grader
An other option at 5/8 is the brilliant Schuster . IMO Schuster plays best at 5/8
Foz was young like Schuster and nearing his peak when Manly won a premiership
In hindsight ,I'm still convinced that if Des had put Schuster at 6 in the finals it would have been a big plus for our team and a headache for the oppositions .Let's hope we won't do the same mistake in 2022 and wait for 2023 .

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We did really well this year but we weren't at the same level as the top 3 sides. IMO we can't rest on our past achievement and expect to improve sufficiently to win the competition without some change and added personnel. The fact that no many key signings have been announced might suggest there is competition amongst the clubs for the signatures of quality players.

We did really well this year but we weren't at the same level as the top 3 sides. IMO we can't rest on our past achievement and expect to improve sufficiently to win the competition without some change and added personnel. The fact that no many key signings have been announced might suggest there is competition amongst the clubs for the signatures of quality players.
We just can't rely on improvement from within. Yes there will be improvement as the younger players mature - Schu, Ok, Harper, Saab, Paseka, Keppie will all improve and improve significantly but I still dont believe our centres have enough attacking flair to get us over the line. Plus Schu needs to be a more integral part of our attack and Ok, Keppie and Paseka need to take some angry pills before each game. I think Bullemore and Davey really give us something in the forwards but not sure where the real improvement comes in the backs and our defensive structure out wide on the DCE/Harper/Saab side is plain terrible.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

Bring on 2022 and let us take back what belongs to Manly

And live up to our Proud Legendary clubs high standards as the Greatest club of all !!!

r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Here’s my take.

We’ll be better for our finals run in 21, making the finals and losing creates hunger.

We’ll be better ( injuries aside ) as we get a few back and the addition of Bully is a good one.

BUT

Unless the forwards step up another notch and dominate the other top 3 sides we’ll face the identical situation we faced this year, worldbeaters v the bottom 12 , also rans v the top 4.

I’m in awe of how much Croker improved HOWEVER he’s not winning us a GF.

To me we are 3 short of a premiership side.

1) a really dominant forward
2) a strike centre who can fill in at fullback
3) a dynamic 9 who doesn’t just pass and tackle

Honestly I don’t think we are premiership chances in 22, maybe when Marty moves on and we have $850K more to spend we might get close.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Here’s my take.

We’ll be better for our finals run in 21, making the finals and losing creates hunger.

We’ll be better ( injuries aside ) as we get a few back and the addition of Bully is a good one.

BUT

Unless the forwards step up another notch and dominate the other top 3 sides we’ll face the identical situation we faced this year, worldbeaters v the bottom 12 , also rans v the top 4.

Honestly I don’t think we are premiership chances in 22, maybe when Marty moves on and we have $850K more to spend we might get close.
We are still too heavily reliant on a few players.We also play too nice in my mind and don't hurt the opposition in defence.

We are only 1 major injury away in 2022 from missing the finals. I can see us making the 8 but only making up the numbers.

2023 maybe we are more of a chance but 2022 still our salary cap is not right.

manly al

First Grader
Good run with injuries , number one factor for Manly 's prospects [ or obviously any serious contender ] . Getting a better completion rate and less unforced errors , especially in the crunch games vital as well . Not concerned with Frogy as the regular 9 but will probably have to have Lawton on the bench and not sure how that will work out if Walker is still retained and Bullemor warrants selection in the game day 17 . Think that Foz deserves to be the regular 6 again , fully fit proviso but his steadying hand and guidance there can not be underestimated . Still think also that Marty and Alioia have to up their input and effectiveness , especially with the money they are on . Maybe one genuine strike centre and some better ruck dominance [ consistent ] and improved completion rates away from winning a comp .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Here’s my take.

BUT

You have made some very good points

2022 is still a chance if players from our new 2022 squad can step up and meet these important challenges

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I still think 2023 will be our year and maybe also 2024.

I remember reading an article on Paseka and how he’d finally realised how to use his size and strength this year and I think Olakau'atu will progress much the same as Paseka in 2022, while Paseka may even push for Origin selection.

I think Shu will rise to another level with more confidence after almost a year in 1st Grade.

Koula may be the surprise packet as a centre and back up full back, so it will be interesting to see how he goes in the trials. Then again, Garrick may even be moved to Centre, a position he is very familiar with, to afford Koula an opportunity on the wing. I’m sure Des has plans to try and include Koula (Thor) and if he does, we’ll have the two fastest players in the comp.

Of the backline, I reckon only DCE, Saab (who needs to improve his defence and will do so), Garrick and Turbo are assured of starting. Harper and Parker will be under immense pressure to retain their positions.

Burbo will increase his muscle bulk and size but, where to play him? He’s quick so he could play Centre but, he will really need to improve his defence and with more bulk, he could play back row.

Don’t laugh but, it may be the year Foz plays hooker to allow Shu to play 5/8 and he interchanges with Croker, while also providing cover for the halves.

Marty, Aloiai, Keppie and Paseka are locked in as props and I think both Keppie and Paseka will go to a whole new level in 2022 and Keppie and Aloiai will be the mongrels’ many of you ask for (after he smashes Gallen) and neither will be on the field at the same time.

So as for the back row goes, Jake is locked in at 13 and Olakau'atu will definitely be there, as will I think Bullemor, in a Choc sort of role.

So, that leaves 1 spot on the bench (if Foz interchanges with Croker). Naturally, if Walker re signs, he’ll get the spot however, we now also have Burbo, Davey, Toff, Boyle, Lawton, De Luis, Cust and two others to fill the void (Sione Fainu will probably be one and he’ll replace Marty in 2023 when he leaves).

Looking at the bench, I’d like Walker to stay however, if he doesn’t, we’ll lose a bit, but not much. Maybe some cover in the backline however, I think Burbo will potentially cover that along with Tippytoes.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
We will be right amongst it next year and the biggest reason is the likes of Schuster, Olakau'atu, Paseka, Keppie, Saab etc continuing to develop and improve

We are mainly a young side, lots of improvement to come

Eagle 1

First Grader
Maybe not but 14 of 21 premiers this century were top 4 the year before they won the comp.
That doesn't mean 2022 will be won by Manly Storm Souths or Panthers, but statistically it means we're twice as likely as anyone else. Also statistically - very few go back to back so put a line through Penrith. We'll be duking it out with Storm and Souths, unless one of us has a horror run with injuries.

But for what, 700, 800, 900k? Foz is costing us a mere fraction of that, sure he's lost a yard and was never a speed merchant to begin with but his toughness, skill, experience, and leadership are very valuable to us.
100% SER8, One thing about Foz, if your 2pts down with only 5min to go. And then a small window of opportunity presents it's self. You know foz is up for it, and more often than not he usually ice's it.

Mataiforever

Bencher
This year showed some promise and there were even games and moments when as a Seaeagle supporter, you could feel a legitimate challenge was not far away, though deep down had that "1 year away" type voice....
Well 2022 is THAT year and with plenty of teams changing personel and maybe even losing some strike....this young Manly team has had minimal losses that would be classed as a negative and young pup Bullemore from Bronco's is an ideal middle man, to help momentum which is exactly what is needed.
The pack is good and maybe the hard edge may come in 2022 to ice the cake....the integral position is hooker and is the biggest concern going into next season with Fainu seemingly a show as Manly have kept the faith and support obviously believing this for good reason, but the fact remains he will not Start the year and Croker again, will be the 9 early on.
Croker played solid in 2021 - in fact lost his whipping boy tag and done well, but the importance of strike from here like a Cook, Grant or Cheese in the modern game - he is not.
The other concern in the outside backs was exposed in the finals, though I allow some lattitude here in the fact they are young and played super during the regular season...many great players have had a few ordinary performances in their early days, which is all forgotten once they become big name players.
Really feel 2022 is the time the stars allign and is the start of another dominent era and maybe a few premierships, the potential is definately open, so fasten up Silvertails - time for Manly to again take the thrown and dominate the NRL.
I dont think it will be until 2023 when we have a decent hooker and maybe a better centre, and DCE is in his last “great” year. 1 good strong window

I feel maybe GF but not sure if we have it to go the whole way with this pack

Jonduke

Greetings folks, just assuming that we won’t find or afford a gun centre from elsewhere my search returns to our promising lower grades despite their limited playing opportunities during COVID.

blacktown only - George in the centre’s , and nobody else I can see.

SG ball - this side was robbed of a GF appearance , talent lives inside this group, so;

1.Kaeo Weekes. YES give him some game time , at least in the pre season

2 Uluaki Tuipulotu. MAYBE haven’t seen the potential yet

3 Tolu Koula. Classy centre YES

4 Simon Tito underrated centre , does every thing right on park MAYBE

6 Krystian Mapapalangi. wAs a yes but Gone to Newcastle , sad , very sad.

Josh F captain of the matthews unbeaten side , too early but he is special centre prospect , natural leader of young men , smart.

now my concern is Des , he doesnt seem very proactive in the game time for younger potential , from bench players that dont get used to his sometimes admirable loyalty to the honest grafter types. Ok it’s not easy.
Question ? Would our actual 2021 2nd rowers get the game time they did, if Siro , Davey and what’s his name , not been injured?

So do we have in Weeks or Koula , Tito, or Tipi the next eg Nicho Hynes in waiting break out player , cause you can’t have a breakout opportunity unless somebody(s) hurt at Manly , and it will annoy me watching any of the above scoring tries for the those teams that seem to find a way to give young talent a go.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Man, reading some of these comment you wouldn't believe we made a prelim this year
Yeah Remy, you'd think we finished outside the 8 going on some pessimistic comments on here, a club like the Bulldogs can only dream of such pessimism !!

Eagle 1

First Grader
I feel the criticism of Foz is unjustified, did everything asked of him and more, and only a short spell out with injury. Foz wasn't the reason we didn't make the GF, our forwards didn't dominate the top 3 sides and we were ranked no1 in errors, a recipe for disaster if ever there was..
Thanks for the support and the thumbs up guys. Would also like to add, when we were slicing and dicing the opposition on our way to the Prelim against Sths, nothing was mentioned about Foz's perceived inadequacies within the team, in fact it was just the opposite. With Foz and Chez vying with each other for runners up points next to Tom. Sure, I get that Schuster is our future and what he'll bring for us in attack is going to be immense. Foz had a brilliant season also, and on most occasions was the one calling the shots and setting up our killer plays. By all means point out the age differences, but to come on here and denigrate Foz's season is quite frankly beyond the pale.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13