Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Saabnaldo

Josh Schuster fan
Currently watching Manly vs Penrith NSW cup game and just wondering what people think about Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega. Every time I’ve watched him play he’s looked good.

Last edited:
Currently watching Manly vs Penrith NSW cup game and just wondering what people think about Raymond Vaega. Every time I’ve watched him play he’s looked good.
He's a handy depth winger. I hope we get to see Saab and Myers as our first-grade wingers next season, with Tuipolotu and Vaega as the next in lines. That puts Garrick into left centre, with Koula as right centre........ obviously we still have an issue on where we put Weekes into that backline in 2024. The obvious answer is to play Schuster as lock, with Weekes and DCE as the halves. Lets see how Weekes goes tonight......

Like his energy, but felt misdirected at times. Almost as though he was destined for either a brain explosion, bad defencive read (from rushing in too confidently/blindly), silly penalty or other. Don’t know what it was but he worried the hell out of me all game. He seemed to have a bit of grub in him which is probably good for us, but also seemed to be some glaring defencive issues.

He’s a solid unit though. Made an important tackle at one point.

He's a handy depth winger. I hope we get to see Saab and Myers as our first-grade wingers next season, with Tuipolotu and Vaega as the next in lines. That puts Garrick into left centre, with Koula as right centre........ obviously we still have an issue on where we put Weekes into that backline in 2024. The obvious answer is to play Schuster as lock, with Weekes and DCE as the halves. Lets see how Weekes goes tonight......
Well, in the real world, no problem with the 5/8 position being open…

Just saying

Like his energy, but felt misdirected at times. Almost as though he was destined for either a brain explosion, bad defencive read (from rushing in too confidently/blindly), silly penalty or other. Don’t know what it was but he worried the hell out of me all game. He seemed to have a bit of grub in him which is probably good for us, but also seemed to be some glaring defencive issues.

He’s a solid unit though. Made an important tackle at one point.
He graduated dux of the course at the ‘John Hopoate Finishing Academy for Wingers’ at John’s Narraweena home.

Was perfect for last night with his aggression. In the modern game i think he's going to have to reign it in a bit as he could be a penalty liability, and we already have a few of those.

He actually could have been done for a late hit on the storm try as well as he took Rhemis Smith late on the last pass.

Solid back up winger, last night was definitely his best game in the top grade out of the 5 he's played.

He played better then he has in his previous outings in first grade. However I’ve gotta say Melbourne (surprisingly) don’t seem to have done their homework on him because they barely put him under any pressure under the high ball. That’s his major concern. But we’ll done to him on last night. 👍🏻

Loved that BIG shot......Storm started doing the fancy offloads and Manly seemed to stand back watching, until this Vaega unit said "enough" and hammered them out wide.
Had strong carries also - only thing I didn't like, was his inside men on the slide yet come in 2 times, but his decision making will improve and at that key moment stood up and reinjected Manly and the crowd when they needed a lift, with that big hit....so all is forgiven 😉

Not the worst performance by a Manly winger this year that's for sure.
Only 22 so still on the up and still time to learn positional play and when to slide / push up.
Scored three in that trial vs tigers so he can finish.

Enjoyed his efforts

Please tell me that they play We like to party by the Vengaboys at the ground any time he has some involvement

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4