Game Day: Rabbitohs v Manly [Round 17, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have never seen such a ****in poor performance from the ref's in my whole life. Absolutely unbelievable
I was going to say “did you miss the 2013 grand final” but the refereeing performance in the GF was actually very professional. Completely dishonest and biased but it achieved the result the NRL wanted. Today was like so many matches over the past couple of years. Sad, incompetent, one sided, stifling, frustrating, indecisive, and getting worse week by week. Great game, incompetent administration.

To be fair his kicks were from out wide. Hell, I've seen better credentialed kickers like Matty Ridge miss those (1995 World Cup Semi-final ring a bell? He shanked one badly from the same position Reuben had his kicks).
The wind was blowing a gale too (or at least it was during the BWSE game) so the wind wouldn't have helped in the goal kicking department today.

We have been carrying Walker for the past 2 years, Not to mention the amount of money he has cost us. The amount of injuries he has had which were caused by his stupidity. If it were any other player they would be dropped or hounded. I’m totally over Walker and have been for a good while even way before his off field issues, Can’t wait to see him go and he can take his PlayStation with him. He ain’t manly and never has been. His skirt ain’t worth blowing wind up.

Would like to see Cust deputise at Hooker when Fainu comes off.
Just have a sense he could be explosive from there.
Croker to 6 when he is on.

Just don't have Cust defending in the middle. For all his good points, Cust's defensive game reminds me of James Maloney, not that good. Oh he'll pull off a few good tackles, but he'll miss a few more.

I think that's why when Fainu went off Des opted for Croker at dummy half and defending in the middle of the field. His defensive game is better than Cust's.

4 tries to 3 - lost on goal kicking today - Garrick off target a little. Cust was good, but can stifle left side attack with Walker receiving little quality ball. On to Brookie and the Eels...

Cust was not good, he is a totally average player.

Walker - where has his talent gone?
Elliot- no nous at all, average and getting worse. Can catch I spose
Dce- good things mixed with really bad things.

Forward pack. Good again.

Refs - woeful

One thing I found really disgusting was how many times the ref called milking when we were playing the ball and we were clearly behind in the penalty count

I noticed that too. At one point Garrick was planked on the ground with a Souffs defender planked on top of him....and the ref was saying "he's milking, he's milking".

How the hell is it milking if the opposition defender is laying right on top of you making no attempt to get up?

The penalty conceded where he tackled the ball carrier, stood in the ruck for a good 5 seconds then got pinged. Please explain that - I will wear a niggling penalty based on precedent but that was beyond reasonable

The pocket ref was calling "penalty penalty" numerous seconds before the main ref actually blew the whistle. I dont think the main ref wanted to, thus why it took so long.
The penalty was for spinning around on the tackled player, slowing the ruck.....and it was worthy of a penalty.

You just have to laugh... DCE could score 3 tries, have 4 try assists and perform CPR an old woman at half time during a grand final win yet the same muppets would be back ripping into him for a missed tackle in a pre-seaon trial...
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-17/rabbitohs-v-sea-eagles/

3 try assists, second most receipts after the hooker with 66, 117m run, 100% tackle efficiency on 22 tackles, 3 days after SOO - Chez is giving 100% :clap:

For those not thinking refs cost us, look at it this way. First half penalty count was 8-1, constantly giving souths good field position and we go in at half time down 18-2.

Second half penalty count was 2-2. Manly was tackle in souths 20m zone 25 times compared to souths 0 towards the end of that game. Their only points from another dubious refs call and field goal

With Tom and Api back we should be a real threat in the finals

Yes, Rueben missed a few kicks, but it's blowing a gale in Sydney today and it wouldn't have been easy out there.
He took that bomb cleanly, too, before the Souths player stripped it out and knocked it forward to the other guy who was off side. Imagine the uproar if they'd blown that penalty though, and the Bunnies had gone down. Was never going to happen.

Apart from that stupid error from Marty he was strong today. Hopefully he makes up for it by smashing the slime into next week.

Not playing with enough direct hard running straightness---Siro and Thompson are the only two offering this consistently to break the shackles in games, Manly would be struggling without this impact.

Fainu offered nothing as expected, suffering cramp is another indicator that he is struggling with the pace of the game.(will look good when Manly dominate though)

Fainu shouldn't be on longer than 25mins at a time for effectiveness with Croker at the moment.

Good effort but we lost this for ourselves.. We can blame the refs all we want (and fairly so for that rubbish penalty count) but I went from confident to iffy the minute we rested Tom.. Hopefully it proves to be a master stroke in the long run, but at this time of year, with a top 4 spot up for grabs against a comp leading team, you don't rest your best strike weapon, especially one that's only played a handful of games and was mostly quiet during origin..

On a side note, does Elliot wear studs? One thing ive noticed this year is every single time we run a play and he's on the end of it he slips over to kill any momentum..
(Also, we can cry all we want about the no try, but in my opinion we got very lucky being awarded our first one.. That woulda been called a knock on 99/100 times..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6